post #1231 of 2107 Old 01-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj1 View Post

Cheers Mani, you have certainly put a lot of work into those panels.

Looking at your Home and ADA pic, you have a volume scale on the screen, is that the 2 way feed back feature that comes with the Pro builder?

Yes ..the volume bar is two way feedback from ADA , it changes in real time no matter where you change the volume from. The texts in diifferent colors ( the source/surround mode etc ) are also feedbacks sent from ADA and Oppo.
Its pretty neat to use iRule. I have a control4 universal remote that I keep with me if I just need to change the volume after I start the movie and have done all my adjustments. On the other hand I may try the gestures/ or movement function in irule to do that some day and not need the control4 remote at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 2107 Old 01-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post

Yes ..the volume bar is two way feedback from ADA , it changes in real time no matter where you change the volume from. The texts in diifferent colors ( the source/surround mode etc ) are also feedbacks sent from ADA and Oppo.
Its pretty neat to use iRule. I have a control4 universal remote that I keep with me if I just need to change the volume after I start the movie and have done all my adjustments. On the other hand I may try the gestures/ or movement function in irule to do that some day and not need the control4 remote at all.

How did you manage to set the volume two way feed back, can this be done with the 71.HD suite?
post #1233 of 2107 Old 01-14-2012, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
If you control via RS-232; the feedback is always there.

The controls for the Suite7.1, Suite 7.1HD, Rhapsody MachIV, Reference, are all the same so you can absolutely do this with a Suite 7.1HD.

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
C'SEED Entertainment Systems GMBH
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #1234 of 2107 Old 01-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFrancis View Post

If you control via RS-232; the feedback is always there.

The controls for the Suite7.1, Suite 7.1HD, Rhapsody MachIV, Reference, are all the same so you can absolutely do this with a Suite 7.1HD.

Dan

That's good to know, thanks.
post #1235 of 2107 Old 01-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Advanced Member

I am controlling via network . I have hadn't any problem with feedback or control
post #1236 of 2107 Old 01-14-2012, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
'sorry , I forgot to mention IP control as well- my bad.

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
C'SEED Entertainment Systems GMBH
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #1237 of 2107 Old 01-14-2012, 11:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post

If you wish direct RS232 via the ADA bus then you need to get the wiring diagram for the ADA Bus so you can correctly connect the 3 RS232 wires to the correct connectors.

I bought a cheap RS232 cable and cut the plug off one end. To correctly wire it up (on the cable I had) I used the following wiring:

Ada Bus / RS232 Wire
1 / Yellow
2 / brown
3 / Red
4 DO NOT USE (+15V)

I can't remember the actual RS232 pin Numbers for the above wires but will try and dig them out as the above may not work for you.

Do not connect anything to Pin 4 on the ADA bus as it is a 15V power terminal and may cause damage to your RS232 device of the ADA.

Using this method is not supported and is done at owners risk! Don't come crying to me if you house burns down etc.

Adam

OK, I have a Global Catche IP2SL coming. I also have a RS232 lead.

Before I commence, can anyone confirm Adams pin numbers?

Also thanks Mani. I have gone with the Pro version so I could use your labeled keys and take advantage of the volume scale.
post #1238 of 2107 Old 01-15-2012, 01:48 AM

Second week with the Rhapsody and the Unit is behaving stronger every day. Yesterday was a music day and the performance was great.

Just I am having a small issue and I am not sure how to solve it... I have labeled different inputs but when it comes to switching between them I can go only to input 4.
I can see the inputs on the "Default DTS setting" but not when I switch between them...the same is with the remote control...can switch only up to 4 inputs...
Any idea where the problem is?
post #1239 of 2107 Old 01-15-2012, 03:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I keep getting pms about the RS232 pins so I'll try and dig out the info this week and post on my blog so it is easy to find.

With regards the input switching, in the HD Suite you have the ability to set the last input when scrolling through them. So if you have 6 inputs you can set the last input to 6 so you don't need to scroll through 14 you don't use.

There are last input up/down buttons so probably best you check that is not set to 4.

You should really set a remote code for each of you inputs rather than scroll them IMO, just simpler.

Adam
post #1240 of 2107 Old 01-15-2012, 03:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I keep getting pms about the RS232 pins so I'll try and dig out the info this week and post on my blog so it is easy to find.

Adam

Thanks Adam, I will stop stalking you now!
post #1241 of 2107 Old 01-15-2012, 03:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks Adam, I will stop stalking you now!

Believe me it isn't just you lol
post #1242 of 2107 Old 01-15-2012, 12:04 PM

Adam, thanks and you have been great. I wouldn't manage with my set up with you.
I have another question...I have notice slight fluctuation in the sound during a dialog with slight interuption (like cut off). Appears only durig movies.
I played yesterday with the Dolby settings and think is coming from there. I tried to put the settings back where were but is still happening.
My questions:
Do I have to put the 'Leveler' higher..it is set to 6
What is the role of the 'Modeler'? It is et to OFF
Cinema Ref ON
What is the role of the 'Half Mode'? It id det to OFF
Any other idea where the fluctuation in sound may come from??
Thanks again..you have been great.

Ilian
post #1243 of 2107 Old 01-15-2012, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

No worries, I had to learn on my own before they (literally) wrote the manual so know how a few tips can help.

I never tried customising the surround mode, I am a believer in keeping things as simple and true to the original mix as possible.

I know some sound processing (PLIIx etc.) can create some funny noises in the surrounds so I tend to avoid if I can and tweaking it would be my idea of playing with fire. My advice is if you don't know exactly what something does, leave it alone!

I suggest you return things to their default settings or use another surround mode.

Adam
post #1244 of 2107 Old 01-16-2012, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Well,I bought the Suite 7.1 and have the set-up software. I am having problems receiving information from the Suite. I have tried direct using a crossover cable and through a router with a straight through cable. I can send commands such as volume, mute, changing modes etc. and the unit responds, but it will not communicate back with inputs etc. I can't really set anything up. When I try to send changes to input names, for example, I get a communication error. Any ideas? My son is a programmer and he gave up on it. I hate to go back to the dealer and bother him again since I "thought" I could program it myself. Also, I hate to have to program it from the front of the unit. Yuck.
post #1245 of 2107 Old 01-16-2012, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bessinger View Post

Well,I bought the Suite 7.1 and have the set-up software. I am having problems receiving information from the Suite. I have tried direct using a crossover cable and through a router with a straight through cable. I can send commands such as volume, mute, changing modes etc. and the unit responds, but it will not communicate back with inputs etc. I can't really set anything up. When I try to send changes to input names, for example, I get a communication error. Any ideas? My son is a programmer and he gave up on it. I hate to go back to Dennis Erskine and bother him again since I "thought" I could program it myself. Also, I hate to have to program it from the front of the unit. Yuck.

Strange that you are having that problem as I have never had problems in "one direction" as you are having...I would be happy to help you but with my current schedule I will not be able to do so until the weekend as these days I am travelling and working late into the evening [i.e. I just home now and it 11:20 pm est]...

I have worked with Dennis before -- in fact, I was the one who pointed him towards ADA -- and would suggest that you give him a call as he is always extremely helpful unless you want to wait for me...

Joel
Some people choose to have a pool, I choose to have a home theater!
post #1246 of 2107 Old 01-16-2012, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound&Life View Post

Here below the new ADA unit to be presented next week to the CES.

I spoke to Dan earlier in the evening and I actually considering moving to the ADA Cinema Reference... I have to think this through a bit more as it is a fair bit of change to spend on something I have never heard but I am at least thinking about it...

I have about another 1 to 2 hours work to do and will then wander down to my rack room and see how the hell I can fit this beast in as I undersatnd that it is 5u in height...aaaarrrrrrrrrrggggg!

Joel
Some people choose to have a pool, I choose to have a home theater!
post #1247 of 2107 Old 01-16-2012, 09:44 PM

Joel, it looks nice but is there any real difference between the Cinema Ref and the Mach IV + Trinov? Do you really need all these interconnects? I would still audition it first before throw your hard earned money...
By the way I also don't get two way connection with my Mach IV..When I connect my laptop I always get the default settings, not my Unit's settings..Would be nice to get two way communication...
post #1248 of 2107 Old 01-16-2012, 09:49 PM

Randy, when you say the Unit responds, can you change the inputs or the screen is just flashing?
I had similar problem problem and changed the communication channel on top of the Suite and this fixed the problem..saying this I can set everything on the Unit from my laptop but always when I open the Suite it always goes back to the default settings...
post #1249 of 2107 Old 01-16-2012, 10:50 PM

Randy, also make sure you switch off the wireless and the Firewall on your laptop...
post #1250 of 2107 Old 01-17-2012, 12:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well,I bought the Suite 7.1 and have the set-up software. I am having problems receiving information from the Suite. I have tried direct using a crossover cable and through a router with a straight through cable. I can send commands such as volume, mute, changing modes etc. and the unit responds, but it will not communicate back with inputs etc. I can't really set anything up. When I try to send changes to input names, for example, I get a communication error. Any ideas? My son is a programmer and he gave up on it. I hate to go back to Dennis Erskine and bother him again since I "thought" I could program it myself. Also, I hate to have to program it from the front of the unit. Yuck.

Hey Randy, are you talking about problems using the HD Suite software or another control system? What exact error are you getting?

Adam
post #1251 of 2107 Old 01-17-2012, 12:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamenoff View Post

saying this I can set everything on the Unit from my laptop but always when I open the Suite it always goes back to the default settings...

Click 'Update All' to show the current settings on the unit. All the HD Suite software does is 'read' what the ADA outputs, so until you 'ask' the ADA by clicking the 'Update All' button, the software can't know what state the ADA is in.

For 2-way comms on the PEQ software you do need to correctly setup the ISO software but i don't believe it is necessary for the HD Suite functionality.

Adam
post #1252 of 2107 Old 01-17-2012, 04:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

For sale PM Me

I know it sounds great and looks great.....but can we communicate with it? If not it is useless:)
post #1253 of 2107 Old 01-17-2012, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

With regards the input switching, in the HD Suite you have the ability to set the last input when scrolling through them. So if you have 6 inputs you can set the last input to 6 so you don't need to scroll through 14 you don't use.

There are last input up/down buttons so probably best you check that is not set to 4.

You should really set a remote code for each of you inputs rather than scroll them IMO, just simpler.

Adam

I realise it's only Tuesday, but is there any news on the RS232 pins Adam?
post #1254 of 2107 Old 01-17-2012, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just had a root around for the bit of paper I had them on and no dice, I am pretty sure I saved them to a file somewhere... I'll look again now.
post #1255 of 2107 Old 01-17-2012, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Click 'Update All' to show the current settings on the unit. All the HD Suite software does is 'read' what the ADA outputs, so until you 'ask' the ADA by clicking the 'Update All' button, the software can't know what state the ADA is in.

For 2-way comms on the PEQ software you do need to correctly setup the ISO software but i don't believe it is necessary for the HD Suite functionality.

Adam

WHen I update all, it just wipes out the input names and doesn't show how the ADA is configured. I can control volume, mode, test tones, etc. but it seems only to get the unit to respond to commands, it will not send back any information. Certain things it will not let me change. I think it just is not "talking back" to the software. I had my son try the iso software to identify unit but we had no luck with that. Just as an FYI, when you all look on your network for those who have it hooked up, do you see an IP address.....I don't. It is weird becasue it will accept off, volume, mute, noise commands in any of the three configurations I used...which is direct with crossover cable, using a dedicated router, with just the PC and the Suite, and then on the network. On all three I can control volume etc so I know the unit is receiving commands but I cannot change inputs, change names of inputs etc. One weird thing is that if I for example change the center speaker to none, it will not highlight the change in the software, but it will turn off the center speaker. The unit just does not seem to be "talking" to the software, just responding to certain commands.

P.S. This is the beta version of the Suite 7.1 software for windows 7. I have also tried the old version with my old XP computer but same results (although I was able to change the name of the input, but not change inputs and it would not "update all"). I am hoping this is a simple problem to fix and not something actually wrong with the unit. As of now, unless I go through the mind numbing process on the front panel, I can't adjust the levels, distances, and various input parameters although I can run the test tones (just not adjust). Pretty frustrating.
post #1256 of 2107 Old 01-17-2012, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamenoff View Post

Randy, when you say the Unit responds, can you change the inputs or the screen is just flashing?
I had similar problem problem and changed the communication channel on top of the Suite and this fixed the problem..saying this I can set everything on the Unit from my laptop but always when I open the Suite it always goes back to the default settings...

I cannot change inputs. I think my son diabled the fire wall, although would that affect the direct with a crossover cable? I also tried diabling the wireless but that did not seem to help. I will try again to make sure the firewall was disabled. For those who have set these up before through a crossover cable, did it just automatically work or did you have to do something on the unit itself to "unlock" its communications channel? I tried using the code to get into set up but that did not change the communications problems.
post #1257 of 2107 Old 01-17-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

http://www.livedigital.co.uk/2012/01...a-2-way-rs232/

post #1258 of 2107 Old 01-17-2012, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

WHen I update all, it just wipes out the input names. I can control volume, mode, test tones, etc. but it seems only to get the unit to respond to commands, it will not send back any information. Certain things it will not let me change. I think it just is not "talking back" to the software. I had my son try the iso software to identify unit but we had no luck with that. Just as an FYI, when you all look on your network for those who have it hooked up, do you see an IP address.....I don't. It is weird becasue it will accept off, volume, mute, noise commands in any of the three configurations I used...which is direct with crossover cable, using a dedicated router, with just the PC and the Suite, and then on the network. On all three I can control volume etc so I know the unit is receiving commands but I cannot change inputs, change names of inputs etc. One weird thing is that if I for example change the center speaker to none, it will not highlight the change in the software, but it will turn off the center speaker. The unit just does not seem to be "talking" to the software, just responding to certain commands.

P.S. This is the beta version of the Suite 7.1 software for windows 7. I have also tried the old version with my old XP computer but same results (although I was able to change the name of the input, but not change inputs and it would not "update all"). I am hoping this is a simple problem to fix and not something actually wrong with the unit. As of now, unless I go through the mind numbing process on the front panel, I can't adjust the levels, although I can run the test tones, distances, and various input parameters. Pretty frustrating.

Quote:

I cannot change inputs. I think my son diabled the fire wall, although would that affect the direct with a crossover cable? I also tried diabling the wireless but that did not seem to help. I will try again to make sure the firewall was disabled. For those who have set these up before through a crossover cable, did it just automatically work or did you have to do something on the unit itself to "unlock" its communications channel? I tried using the code to get into set up but that did not change the communications problems.

Hi Randy,

A few things, 'Update All' won't change the inputs, you need to 'retrieve inputs' to update the software, make the changes and then either 'Send input' or 'Send All' if you have edited more than one.

If connecting via network use a Static IP on the laptop and use the ISO-E to set things up just to make sure. You should have a manual for that to.

Don't use the Beta software as it does have a few minor bugs so really it is best to rule that out.

Adam
post #1259 of 2107 Old 01-17-2012, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelc View Post

Strange that you are having that problem as I have never had problems in "one direction" as you are having...I would be happy to help you but with my current schedule I will not be able to do so until the weekend as these days I am travelling and working late into the evening [i.e. I just home now and it 11:20 pm est]...

I have worked with Dennis before -- in fact, I was the one who pointed him towards ADA -- and would suggest that you give him a call as he is always extremely helpful unless you want to wait for me...

Thanks Joel, that is nice of you. I just wrote Dennis to see if it is ok to contact ADA direct. I had a PM by a member that Richard is pretty good to help direct.
post #1260 of 2107 Old 01-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks Adam, your a star
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page