ADA Mach 4......WOW!!!! - Page 51 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #1501 of 2152 Old 04-13-2012, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Welcome to the ADA family. The set up is prity straightforward. Just measure your speaker levels. As Richard (ADA) said the unit is ready to go without any additional adjustments. From my experience the adjustments you will make will be latter, E.g. to use or not to use the PEQ but for this probably you will need some help.
Software? You should ask your dealer. They usually provide it. Some users have reported problems with the software if FW and SW don't match. Is your unit new? What FW does it have?
Enjoy your ADA.

HT Gear: Altitude 24/32, Quested Lt8 x 11, Paradigm Sub 1, ATI AT6000 Reference, Anthem Statement P5; PJ JVC X9000, PJ Screen: Screen Excellence (Reference)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 2152 Old 04-13-2012, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As some of you know I was to visit with Dan earlier today to compare the MACH IV B + TEQ versus the Reference...

As much as I would like to to be able to sit down and write a detailed review I am unable to do so thanks to the kindness of the Air Canada pilots who decided to have a "wildcat cat strike" and mess with many people's schedules...one pilot was even quoted saying [with a smile] "I feel a heart attack coming on"...that is the bad news...

We will be rescheduled as soon as possible and hopefully within the next 1 to 3 weeks at which time I will share my thoughts...that is the good news...

With that , stay tuned...

Joel
Some people choose to have a pool, I choose to have a home theater!
post #1503 of 2152 Old 04-13-2012, 03:45 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1674 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelc View Post

As some of you know I was to visit with Dan earlier today to compare the MACH IV B + TEQ versus the Reference...

As much as I would like to to be able to sit down and write a detailed review I am unable to do so thanks to the kindness of the Air Canada pilots who decided to have a "wildcat cat strike" and mess with many people's schedules...one pilot was even quoted saying [with a smile] "I feel a heart attack coming on"...that is the bad news...

We will be rescheduled as soon as possible and hopefully within the next 1 to 3 weeks at which time I will share my thoughts...that is the good news...

With that , stay tuned...

Where's Ronald Reagan when you need him??!

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.

post #1504 of 2152 Old 04-13-2012, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

Where's Ronald Reagan when you need him??!

Jeff, no kidding...the good news is that the strike impacted before I left which was bad enough but some people got stuck out of the town...the problem is that Air Canada has a monopoly and this, to me, is what needs to be first addressed in that when you are a monopoly you should be an essential service and not allowed to strike...

Ready for the complaints to come my way...hopefully there will be a few supporters...

Joel
post #1505 of 2152 Old 04-13-2012, 10:31 PM

Damn, Joel,

I understand how you feel, mate. You wait the audition for weeks, the day is coming..the day is here, you can hear the Units, you can smell them, you can see talking to Dan and sudenly boom...a strike and the Ghost is in front of you saying...."no audition for you today..."..Damn, mate..I feel your pain...

HT Gear: Altitude 24/32, Quested Lt8 x 11, Paradigm Sub 1, ATI AT6000 Reference, Anthem Statement P5; PJ JVC X9000, PJ Screen: Screen Excellence (Reference)
post #1506 of 2152 Old 04-14-2012, 04:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamenoff View Post

Damn, Joel,

I understand how you feel, mate. You wait the audition for weeks, the day is coming..the day is here, you can hear the Units, you can smell them, you can see talking to Dan and sudenly boom...a strike and the Ghost is in front of you saying...."no audition for you today..."..Damn, mate..I feel your pain...

Thanks...trying to be positive in that it wil be that much sweeter when I do get there in the next few weeks...

Joel
post #1507 of 2152 Old 04-14-2012, 05:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 44
At some point Joel will finally get to hear the differences between the 2 options, and I have a feeling that the direction he takes will influence others that are currently on the fence.

I can't wait to get Joel's feedback, I want to know if others hear what I hear.

Dan

Dan Francis
post #1508 of 2152 Old 04-14-2012, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFrancis View Post

At some point Joel will finally get to hear the differences between the 2 options, and I have a feeling that the direction he takes will influence others that are currently on the fence.

Hmmmm, I did not realize that I had influencing on others but, that said, I will give my honest feedback which will hopefully lead to some good discussions...though I am very much looking forward to the comparison I would love -- obviously not possible -- to do the comparison in my own home theater because then I could add / compare a third options; namely, my QSC 922uz units as calibrated by Dennis Erskine...

Quote:

I can't wait to get Joel's feedback, I want to know if others hear what I hear.

Dan

Nor can I which is why we will set a date within the next 2 or 3 days so that we can let everyone know the ETA for my feedback...

Joel
post #1509 of 2152 Old 04-14-2012, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Air Erskine isn't unionized.

Dennis Erskine CFI, CFII, MEI
Architectural Acoustics
Subject Matter Expert
Certified Home Theater Designer
CEDIA Chairman
www.erskine-group.com
post #1510 of 2152 Old 04-14-2012, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Erskine View Post

Air Erskine isn't unionized.

Fantastic, as you do not have a website for booking travel, what is the cost of a Toronto pickup to Chicago, play time with the TEQ-12 / Reference and then return to Toronto...

Joel
post #1511 of 2152 Old 04-15-2012, 08:07 AM

Actually, now I cannot even communicate with the device. The ISO-e seems changed. I need to re-do it and I need some help. I attached a couple of screen shots. Can someone help me set this up so I can communicate with the device?

I think I need to reset the IP or sub net

HEre are 2 screen shots. One when I fire it up and the second one when I hit 'find devices'. ANy suggestions?

Though I can load settings, I cannot load the PROM. Computer connected via ethernet cable to router. ADA is on the network as well.

Thanks!
LL
LL

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
post #1512 of 2152 Old 04-15-2012, 12:06 PM

Not my day... Can't even connect to unit with Crossover cable.

I wonder if a UDP post setting must be changed in my router??

I restarted things and I connect the crossover cable but no control and no feedback.

post #1513 of 2152 Old 04-15-2012, 12:53 PM

Jef,

I had a few times similar issues. I don't use the ISO program and I understand it should be used as a last resort. What I usually do is switch off ADA and the laptop. Connect with the crossover cable and start first the laptop the the ADA. Sometimes I have to unplug ADA from the power point to make it work.
If read Dan's thread about TEQ Trinnov in one stage he lost connection as well and needed to redo the network so this things do happen..

What software do you use and what OS you use on the laptop? I am sure you read earlier in the forum that some people had troubles with W7...

here isthe link: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...196455&page=39

Cheers, mate and good luck.

post #1514 of 2152 Old 04-15-2012, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Jeff, can you convert to serial control at least until Monday when ADA is back in the office? Do you have a usb/serial adaptor that you can give it a try?

I don't use IP control, so I'm not that familiar with ISO-E software. I'll look to see if there's a tech note on the website.

Dan

Dan Francis
post #1515 of 2152 Old 04-15-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:

Jeff, can you convert to serial control at least until Monday when ADA is back in the office? Do you have a usb/serial adaptor that you can give it a try?

I don't use IP control, so I'm not that familiar with ISO-E software. I'll look to see if there's a tech note on the website.

Dan

Hi Dan. Thanks!

I do have a serial to USB adapter. What can I do with this?

At this point, since I have reset the unit I just want to reload my settings file and my PROM. I still can't do either.

The weird thing is my RTI remote (that works through the ADA bus) as well as the software will not control volume but other commands seem OK. Volume is OK via the knob.

post #1516 of 2152 Old 04-15-2012, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

somewhere in this thread someone posted the pin-out of rs232 to ADA bus connection. pin2 is tx pin3 is rx I think. pin4 is 15v and pin1 is ground. if you can make the connection: select address 0 and port 1 (if your usb is so assigned in the virtual machine) then you can communicate. Are you trying to use version 4_16 of the software? I've been having problems with that and my Reference.

Dan

Dan Francis
post #1517 of 2152 Old 04-15-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:

somewhere in this thread someone posted the pin-out of rs232 to ADA bus connection. pin2 is tx pin3 is rx I think. pin4 is 15v and pin1 is ground. if you can make the connection: select address 0 and port 1 (if your usb is so assigned in the virtual machine) then you can communicate. Are you trying to use version 4_16 of the software? I've been having problems with that and my Reference.

Dan

Yes. I'm using 4_16. It seems like the whole unit has crashed. I want to hard reset it but it seems impossible. I can't even find it now on ISO-e. I'm trying with an ethernet cable directly to my router. I've had no luck with a crossover cable. And, strangely, my volume won't work at all with the software or my remote.

I'm not going to pin out. I don't have the time (or patience)

Before upgrading to 3.1, I had no such issues.

Is there a way to hard reset? Sometimes the software connects.

post #1518 of 2152 Old 04-15-2012, 04:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

dunno, in 10 years I've never had to do it. trying to feed the fam right now, if you want you can give me a call about 9 your time and 8 should be available- maybe we can figure it out together.

Dan

Dan Francis
post #1519 of 2152 Old 04-15-2012, 04:39 PM

Hey, that'd be great! I appreciate it. Tell me when a good time is to call and I'll be on it.

I'm bring at this point to get the ISO-e to locate the ADA but it won't. Weird.

If you have a earlier PC software to try, email it to me and I can try and get into the unit so as to do a factory reset and see if that will clear the network settings so I can see it.

Thanks

post #1520 of 2152 Old 04-15-2012, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

try 9PM EST. I'll answer if I can, if not, I'll call you back on your cell.

earlier software won't work right with newer firmware, just like the opposite is true.

I have 4.08 that we can try. We'll cover that later, though.

Dan

Dan Francis
post #1521 of 2152 Old 04-15-2012, 05:04 PM

Will do. Thanks!

post #1522 of 2152 Old 04-15-2012, 05:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 72
This doesn't solve, but could be a step around. Are you able to enter the system via front panel control as with the suite 7.1HD?

From the front panel of the Suite 7.1 HD while in the Setup Mode navigate to the A in ADAUBS and press the Mode knob. Navigate the cursor to the D in DEFAULTS and press the Mode knob.
While the cursor is flashing on either the F in Factory Recall or the I in Installer Recall, merely pressing the Mode button will force the recall of that specific default setting. The Suite 7.1 HD will reset, turning off and then turning on again. Note that you will be exited from the Setup Mode.
post #1523 of 2152 Old 04-16-2012, 04:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Jeff, where are you at in terms of sorting this out, what was the problem and how do you hard reset the unit...

Joel
post #1524 of 2152 Old 04-17-2012, 01:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 13
I finally succumbed to the iPad, would the kind gent offering the iRule config please drop me a pm?

Many thanks

Adam
post #1525 of 2152 Old 04-17-2012, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post

I finally succumbed to the iPad, would the kind gent offering the iRule config please drop me a pm?

Many thanks

Adam

Hi Adam
Do you have the pronto hex codes for the volume
recall presets.
Thanks Andy
post #1526 of 2152 Old 04-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 12
If your iPad is jail broken Adam I would look at using screen dimmer with iRule.
post #1527 of 2152 Old 04-17-2012, 01:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj1 View Post

If your iPad is jail broken Adam I would look at using screen dimmer with iRule.

It isn't but I would most likely only use iRule rarely as a more convenient tool than the HD Suite for some of the less common functions.

Cheers,

Adam
post #1528 of 2152 Old 04-17-2012, 02:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 12
In iRule, using the 'Browse' database/user punch in ADA.
post #1529 of 2152 Old 04-17-2012, 02:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Cheers Will.

Adam
post #1530 of 2152 Old 04-17-2012, 05:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abone View Post

Hi Adam
Do you have the pronto hex codes for the volume
recall presets.
Thanks Andy

I have some Andy, you can find them on my Website. I haven't tested them though: http://www.livedigital.co.uk/?p=56&page=7

Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page