Trinnov eq - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 126 Old 03-05-2012, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
And you can understand how I spent literally weeks tweaking settings....there's always a new adjustment to try...

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
C'SEED Entertainment Systems GMBH
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 126 Old 03-05-2012, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUR View Post

Hey, Eric

What do you think, so far? Are you experimenting with more than just target curves? I spent last night playing (again!) with early/late reflection settings. Soooo much flexibility.....

You're lightyears ahead of me. I have just some fairly crude calibrations - not even played with target curves very much yet. I am getting glorious sound in the low frequencies though, everything with a rhytm section is a huge step ahead. Listened to Stanley Clarke' Jazz in the Garden yesterday and it never sounded better. I am considering creating a preset with correction below 300Hz only.

Still a lot of work to do before realizing the full potential of this processor. Meanwhile, I sold my tube preamp. Realize I had spend so much on relatively minor improvements, when this processor can tryly tranform a system. Also found out through measurement my (3 months old) center channel is a poor match for integration with my Eidolons using the Trinnov, so back to audiogon and bought something else. Some MCH 4.0 material (Jazz at the Pawnshop) without center sounds phenomenal though.
post #123 of 126 Old 03-05-2012, 02:46 PM
RUR
Innocent Bystander

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFrancis View Post

And you can understand how I spent literally weeks tweaking settings....there's always a new adjustment to try...

Dan

Dan, I had a fairly clear understanding of what you were going thru in your excellent comparison thread. I thought you were a mensch for making the effort and owning/operating a Trinnov has only reinforced that opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edorr View Post

You're lightyears ahead of me. I have just some fairly crude calibrations - not even played with target curves very much yet. I am getting glorious sound in the low frequencies though, everything with a rhytm section is a huge step ahead. Listened to Stanley Clarke' Jazz in the Garden yesterday and it never sounded better. I am considering creating a preset with correction below 300Hz only.

Still a lot of work to do before realizing the full potential of this processor. Meanwhile, I sold my tube preamp. Realize I had spend so much on relatively minor improvements, when this processor can tryly tranform a system. Also found out through measurement my (3 months old) center channel is a poor match for integration with my Eidolons using the Trinnov, so back to audiogon and bought something else. Some MCH 4.0 material (Jazz at the Pawnshop) without center sounds phenomenal though.

Be brave! Create a new preset so you don't lose the settings you have now - and play! Try different target curves, full-frequency correction, various crossovers, changing early and late reflection settings and so on.

There's nothing but upside.

Ken
post #124 of 126 Old 03-05-2012, 09:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Great thread!

Ok....

New Thread:
AVS Forum > Audio Related > AMPs, Receivers, and Processors> R972 Trinnov User Notes

Hi All:

Many of you are here to learn more about Trinnov technology, so you may be interested in following the Trinnov users experience with the R972.

I look forward to joining you there for all things Trinnov in the R972. I expect you'll learn more what all Trinnov products have in common and, as well, the differences between the Trinnov products.

Cheers,
USA

Trinnov Audio
USA

post #125 of 126 Old 03-06-2012, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUR View Post

Be brave! Create a new preset so you don't lose the settings you have now - and play! Try different target curves, full-frequency correction, various crossovers, changing early and late reflection settings and so on.

There's nothing but upside.

Ken

Here is the my problem. My bass response has improved so much that my first instinct is to spend my time rediscovering all albums in my music collection that have acoustic bass (did "Tethered Moon" yeserday). Second instinct is to run out and buy some new Stanley Clarke, Ron Carter etc work. This of course slows down the process of squeezing a bit more out of the Trinnov, which is my third instinct.
post #126 of 126 Old 03-06-2012, 08:52 AM
RUR
Innocent Bystander

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by edorr View Post

Here is the my problem. My bass response has improved so much that my first instinct is to spend my time rediscovering all albums in my music collection that have acoustic bass (did "Tethered Moon" yeserday). Second instinct is to run out and buy some new Stanley Clarke, Ron Carter etc work. This of course slows down the process of squeezing a bit more out of the Trinnov, which is my third instinct.

OK, but you may find yourself re-rediscovering those same albums after further tweaking. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page