Forum Jump: 

Old 10-21-2010, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

He only wrote all the codes and programmed the features. Rondi designed the analog output stages. Yuk Yuk. A joke.

Exactly

Bret D'Agostino
President/ Chief Designer
(BSC) Bully Sound Company LLC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret D'Agostino View Post

Mark I have always known you to be a reasonable man...
The looks are probably not everyone's cup of fish, however the pictures don't do it justice in the least. In person the copper and aluminum are more tightly integrated and the overall presentation is really nice. The meter is very handsome and intricate in person. It's really compact, and has a rich detailed sound. My understanding is that folks loved it at the Milan show.
Testing ~ ha ha I want a pair for my system as well. He is working on production so hopefully soon.

Bret and Dan,
I wish you the very best of luck with your new venture. If a high end audio hall of fame existed, Dan would be a charter member. He has contributed very significantly to high end audio over the past several decades. I love Krell gear. It is a shame that he is no longer with Krell. This is a difficult time for high end audio (which I consider functional art in Krell's case) due to economic and social trends. I hope Dan and Krell continue to thrive. I think you have the right idea making a smaller, beautiful looking and most importantly, beautiful sounding product.
Good Luck!
Old 10-23-2010, 04:54 AM

Thank you! I will pass this along ~

Bret D'Agostino
President/ Chief Designer
(BSC) Bully Sound Company LLC
Old 10-23-2010, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by matjet View Post

Bret and Dan,
I wish you the very best of luck with your new venture. If a high end audio hall of fame existed, Dan would be a charter member. He has contributed very significantly to high end audio over the past several decades. I love Krell gear. It is a shame that he is no longer with Krell. This is a difficult time for high end audio (which I consider functional art in Krell's case) due to economic and social trends. I hope Dan and Krell continue to thrive. I think you have the right idea making a smaller, beautiful looking and most importantly, beautiful sounding product.
Good Luck!

Very well said.

"I am determined to be cheerful & happy in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions & not upon our circumstances."
Martha Washington
Old 10-23-2010, 10:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 587
A high end audio hall of fame did exist. It was established by the now defunct Academy for the Advancement of High End Audio. And for what its worth, Dan was voted in in 2001.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
Old 01-05-2011, 09:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Bump , showing in vegas with a stand, a pre, a cd ....
Old 01-08-2011, 09:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post

Bump , showing in vegas with a stand, a pre, a cd ....

Incredible amp, warm and fast as hell - in total control of the Wilson (sophias?)
Old 01-08-2011, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post

Incredible amp, warm and fast as hell - in total control of the Wilson (sophias?)

Excellent. Any pics?

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Old 01-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
We thought these were beautifully executed, and had a very nice form. The system was like 6 or 7 others with Wilson Sashas, very nice but not in our top 10. Would like to hear these with the big Hansons, new Sonus Fabors , Magico Q 5s, Vandersteen 7s, big TADs or even the Wilson Alexandrias.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Tyrre and I obviuOsly go to the show for different reasons, I guess he is using the ortodox AUDIOPHILE APPROACH, I AM DEFINITELY LOOKING TO PUT TOGETHER THE BEST MULTICHANNEL SYSTEM that plays 135 db effortlessly i CAN.

This amp would be fantastic driving a main horn, and although apparently is not class A IT SOUNDED VERY CLASS A -but lighting fast. I have never heard a so warm sounding amp take such control of the speaker and not let go like that.

Those same Wilson speakers did not sound so well controlled in the BAT room, nowhere near the amount of detail, the only amp I heard that had comparable detail was the Dartseel at the Evolution acoustics, where they were showing a Ken and Barbie sized version of the M3 that sounded incredible.

LL
Old 01-10-2011, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Manic1

What you show is anodized aluminum in copper color and not solid copper as in Dans new amp. The bipolars are mounted directly to this and he gets a better thermal dissapation factor as a result. the Venturi acts as a natural movement of the air for circulation.
At CES this amp is only slightly warm to touch indicating hes not biasing this very far into class A. The current draw he quotes indicate a switching Psupply?
Sounded warm and sweet on the Wilsons. A new preamp with an Itouch preprogrammed is next.
Very nice hi end candy!
David

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand