post #61 of 65 Old 01-04-2011, 04:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6217 View Post

That's a thought but I'm not really sure what all the extra work gets me, as opposed to a neat and simple solution as the Request. The only reason to lok elsewhere is if I will here improved audio. How would I know?
Ken

Certainty of getting the best possible rip and complete control over the chain...and, of course, easier upgradability...

Joel
Some people choose to have a pool, I choose to have a home theater!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 01-04-2011, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyree91 View Post

I assume you mean transmission to the DAC via USB. If so an Asynchronous DAC is a must, otherwise the clock of the computer is going to send jitter over the top. Ayre, Aesthetix, DCS and Wavelength have such DACs which sound excellent with USB. Norm

Wyred4sound should be mentioned in a lineup of asynchronous USB DACs. Also, if you already own a S/PDIF or AES/EUB DAC or want to use the DAC in your SSP you can get very good asynchronous USB to S/PDIF - AES/EUB converter and get audiophile SQ. The Hiface EVO converter has been getting a very good rap.
post #63 of 65 Old 01-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyree91 View Post

I assume you mean transmission to the DAC via USB. If so an Asynchronous DAC is a must, otherwise the clock of the computer is going to send jitter over the top. Ayre, Aesthetix, DCS and Wavelength have such DACs which sound excellent with USB. Norm

Are you saying that sending from the Request to my ADA SSP via digital cable is not a good option though?
Ken
post #64 of 65 Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6217 View Post

Are you saying that sending from the Request to my ADA SSP via digital cable is not a good option though?
Ken

If you want to use the DACs in your ADA (which makes a lot of sense) USB is not an option.

If you want unlimted disc capacity (at $100 per TB) and remote control from the iPhone you can get an Mac Mini use iTunes and use the hiFace USB converter. Total outlay $1000. You are very likely to get better SQ, if it turns out you don't you sell everything with a few hundred bucks loss. Bit of work, but for those pursuing truth in music worth the effort.
post #65 of 65 Old 01-17-2011, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 63
There's a number of Bryston BDP-1 videos now on Youtube if anyone is interested. The rear panel, user interface, and media videos are interesting.
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page