NEW INFITEC 3-D system - Heads UP... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 32 Old 01-31-2011, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Just spoke to Manfred Reich, Geschäftsführer at Infitec.

Keep your eyes peeled for Very Good News at the ISE show in Europe for Home Theater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 01-31-2011, 01:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post

Just spoke to Manfred Reich, Geschäftsführer at Infitec.

Keep your eyes peeled for Very Good News at the ISE show in Europe for Home Theater.

When is that? Is that the one in Early Feb?

Is it anything to do with a lense kit for home theaters? Or color correction profiles for existing video processors?
post #3 of 32 Old 01-31-2011, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

today tomorrow it starts....
post #4 of 32 Old 01-31-2011, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Yeah, where will it be at the show, hall 11, or some meeting room?? Schneider Digital also has something new 3D, the miniVR-Wall. There will also be Dimenico and Alioscopy will have autosteroscpy, no 3DFusion nor toshiba?
post #5 of 32 Old 02-01-2011, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

That is just one guy named Schneider, not our Schneider. Last year INFITEC were with projection design.
post #6 of 32 Old 02-01-2011, 02:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mr. Reich is not the Geschäftsführer (Managing Director) from Infitec itself he
is the Managing Director from the international Sales Organisation form Infitec.

Halla 11 Stand H 38 at ISE i may go tomorrow.

they will show a improved filter at ISE.
post #7 of 32 Old 02-01-2011, 03:34 AM
AVS Special Member

any "must see" advise?

i am only 5 hours at the show and my list is big.
post #8 of 32 Old 02-01-2011, 10:33 AM
AVS Club Gold

any word on this announcement?
post #9 of 32 Old 02-01-2011, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

They have a small booth at the end of the hall, it is filled with two larger LCD projectors, so I had too look at the smallish screen from the side. The new filter might not be carried over to Dolby, as Dolby uses different frequencies.

I wasn't impressed with the demo, as the only recent reference I have for Infinitec was the dual Lumis set-up I saw briefly this afternoon (Room E105/6 one of the side corridors next to hall 12). So, I haven't got a good reference for same screensize/projectortype brightness levels. Secondly it suffers from the same issue all 3D demo's I look at the glasses, not just through the glasses. The glasses do no cover my eyses, and leave a large area open for light to enter and reflect onto the inside of the glasses. The Sim2 demo using the Grand Canyon Imax movie, where the people were quite well and sharply seperated from the background.

Nothing 'must see' from what I have seen. I only had about the same time for the show.

DPI wasn't showing the single chip 400 3D. The software wasn't there,yet. Expected to arrive tomorow, though.

Runco refused to show anything, you'll find them at the end of the corridor in room E102, so perhaps you are in luck, the room not full, yet, and you're getting there at the start of the presentation. The corridor starts with an audio room from Steinway/Lyngdorf.

Both Panasonic and Lang AG are showing the new 152.5 Plasma. It looked larger at the Panasonic stand, due to the surrounding wall.

The Christie business DLPs looked a lot like the Panasonics, even the naming looks 'Panasonic'. No idea though if there is any actual relationship.

Schneider Digital's four projector (in this case off-the-shelf Sanyo wide angle) 128" mini-vr-wall looked okay, and competitively priced at 49K for the base version upto 70K for the six projector 6 meter version.

Canon was showing a better blending demo than last year. 10 projectors lighting up a grey dome. Blending by AV Stumpfl software. Vivitek is also working on blending software, to end up in its larger projectors. Stumpfl is also showing its new camera based system. Projection Dome is demoing its camera based blending/warping system, in addition to its own software your fellow country men are showing a set-up based around watchout, that is also shown at Dataton. Didn't manage to get to AnalogWay.

Had to skipp the JVC (4K Sh7..) demo, as I didn't have the time to wait 15 minutes for it to start. Did see the first gen at Meridian.

LG was showing the 300 lumens units, first time I had seen them in operation, as these LG Benelux doesn't sell projectors. The HX300 4x3 and the new 1280x800 HW(ireless)300, will be a tad cheaper and should become available available in April. The HX350 shown at IFA is currently available in Asia the Korean gentlemen told me.

They looked okay at relatively large screens, but these were 3D Silverscreens;-). Guess I shouldn't get rid of my ol' Vutec Torus;-).

I am sure I have seen some other stuff, but can't remember right now. Am a bit tired. As the rai is quite warm, ahum. Good decission not to wear a suit this year;-).

P.s. Prysm, Dizzman wasn't around, what is his real name, again?
post #10 of 32 Old 02-01-2011, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post

That is just one guy named Schneider, not our Schneider. Last year INFITEC were with projection design.

There are many Schneiders Peter, making wallplugs, connectors, laser stuff, lenses and so on. Anyway this one had a nice VR wall. Your new favorite glasses vendor was co-exhibiting, though after I walked away I thought; 'hey I didn't try out those Volvoni's;-)'.

After DPI, I forgot to get over to the Fraunhofer booth closeby, not sure what they are showing this year, in this 3D pavillion?

It is clear that I wasn't too sharp today. Too little sleep, a limping leg draining energy, and hot exhibition halls taking sucking up the remaining clearheadedness:-(.
post #11 of 32 Old 02-01-2011, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

donaldk

did you not see the 4K DLP from Christie?
they told me today they have it on display at the secound floor.

i will go tomorrow and see if it was there and how it looks.

nice that the panasonic 152" 4K Plasma is there.
i think they have it but was not sure till you say it.
did they have the 85" as well there?
post #12 of 32 Old 02-01-2011, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
What is the claimed improvement over the Infitec filtering SIM2 was using at CEDIA?
post #13 of 32 Old 02-01-2011, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Sorry, forgot to ask. I was thinking of that last night, but when I got to the Christie booths, I had forgotten about it. Damn, at IBC I couldn't walk at all, so I didn't see it then, as I was unable to attend, this time I plainly forgot to ask, so I am still to see 4K DLP, grr.

But I am not going spend another day on it, my legs are killing me.

Are you flying in just for the day?

Anyway, take care and let us know what you think of the Christie.'

Barco is focussing on other segments, painting backgrounds with light, having peoples picture taken. LED displays and the WUXGA 8K projector, and so on. Wouldn't expect them to offer a private demo at another location, so forgot to ask.

Guess, I am not in the market for one, LOL.

Epson was showing the new Reflective 3LCD unit, let me know what you think. Even a poor sighted fella like me noticed it was a bit soft/fuzzy, and had some (small area) motion artifacts. This would be Epson's JVC competitor, probably 5, 6, or even 7K list, when it finally starts shipping.

BTW, get your picture taken at Lang Ag with the new Panasonic plasma, and hope you win one weeks worth of free rental and delivery/installation. It is a nice size;-).
post #14 of 32 Old 02-01-2011, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post

What is the claimed improvement over the Infitec filtering SIM2 was using at CEDIA?

They weren't explicit with me on this, and I didn't press them on it, I had to get back to recover my coat and bag, before they would get stolen, so 'seen it, done, let's get out of here';-).

Peter, what will be the benefit to your set-ups? I was told Dolby has an exclusive on the use in 30K lumens (and up?) projectors, and that Dolby uses different frequencies, hence different filters.
post #15 of 32 Old 02-01-2011, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Not sure if Panasonic had the 85" up, the view of the stand is largely blocked by the 152.5";-). They had a number of the single and three chip 10K lumens class and so on projectors next to it, and plenty of LCD screens. BTW Panasonic was using it as the display in its corporate marketing presentation, so I didn't stay long, as it didn't include video.

So, there are two units on display, at Panasonic and on the next stand at Lang AG's. Langs was showing 85"units, like last year they were placed in portrait mode, not sure if only the smaller ones were used in landscape mode. There was an irregularly shaped display, made from smaller units in both portrait and landscape orientation.

Speaking of LCD screens, Sharp was showing off a new 60?" narow bezel LCD, by building its stand out of them three walls, and a ceiling, quite flashy.

BTW, NEC wasn't showing the LED 2000 lumens prototype projector it demonstrated at Infocomm last year.
post #16 of 32 Old 02-01-2011, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

yes just for the day.
arrive about 1 pm and leave about 6pm.

as the show is not to big i think its ok.
i think i need not much time to see all this 3D set ups as i have
the best possible today at my home.

the highlights for me will be the 4k dlp at christie the big 152" 4K Panasonic Plasma
and to meet a lot of guys that i not see since long time.
post #17 of 32 Old 02-01-2011, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Okay, enjoy. It is getting bigger and bigger though, remember when it was just half a hall or so, back in 2005;-). I had to walk too much today.

Video: Barco, Christie, DPI, Panasonic, Sharp. Perhaps Nanolumens' first European showing of the rol-up LED display. Also plenty of cubes with LED engines, and many Chinese LED display vendors.

I just read on the Dutch forum that I didn't miss much,missing the JVC demo, the 4K was just stills of babies eating,and the 3D from the new projector looked like itwas running at half the framerate, stuttering as if it was only 12fps, according to a fellow htforum.nl member that did wait around for a demo.
post #18 of 32 Old 02-01-2011, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

BTW, I was told that the AMD Eyfinity cards from the pro range do have edgeblending in their drivers. The AMD folks had stepped out so for full info I should ask them tomorrow. This was at a small booth from HP/AMD.
post #19 of 32 Old 02-01-2011, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Mayer View Post

i think i need not much time to see all this 3D set ups as i have
the best possible today at my home.

I am heading my testimonials page with that quote.

Have a good show!
post #20 of 32 Old 02-02-2011, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

So Wolfgang, I missed something seriously impressive?
post #21 of 32 Old 02-02-2011, 12:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

So what was the Infitec announcement?
post #22 of 32 Old 02-02-2011, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Read above, a new filter for its passive 3D system that looses less light.
post #23 of 32 Old 02-02-2011, 06:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldk View Post

Read above, a new filter for its passive 3D system that looses less light.

So can I buy a pair of filters somewhere?
post #24 of 32 Old 02-02-2011, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

They weren't explicit with me on this, and I didn't press them on it, I had to get back to recover my coat and bag, before they would get stolen, so 'seen it, done, let's get out of here';-).

Peter, what will be the benefit to your set-ups? I was told Dolby has an exclusive on the use in 30K lumens (and up?) projectors, and that Dolby uses different frequencies, hence different filters.

I thought that you could use the Premium infitec Glasses with the Dolby. The guy from Dolby told me it would work at the symposium.

Gotta give both parties a call, I WANT PRESCRIPTION SEALED WRAPAROUND GLASSES.
post #25 of 32 Old 02-03-2011, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So Wolfgang, I missed something seriously impressive?

seams not see here
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post19942556
post #26 of 32 Old 03-23-2011, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Why hasn't Dolby/Infitec licensed this technology to CE companies and will they ever?
post #27 of 32 Old 03-23-2011, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Well Sim2 is a (small) CE manufacturer/vendor. There must be others.
post #28 of 32 Old 03-23-2011, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Donaldk,

I have seen the Runco D73d 3-D system... dual stack. The image is very clean, sharp, and pops much more so than any other system I have seen. I have not seen pj based only panel and computer based systems though.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #29 of 32 Old 03-23-2011, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Well Sim2 is a (small) CE manufacturer/vendor. There must be others.

Good point. I should rephrase it to: why not mass market CE manufacturers like the way they have almost everything else they make in every device (i.e dolby NR, Dolby Digital, etc.).
post #30 of 32 Old 03-23-2011, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Well projection is still a niche. Two projectors is even more of a niche, though Hitachi was pushing it today in its spring promotional email, guess you could get a set of external Infinitec filters:

Top Tips: Achieve 3D Projections with Instant Stacking
Hitachi's CP-X4021N, CP-WX4021N and CP-X5021N instant stacking projectors are a great way to achieve high brightness projections at a reduced cost to a single projector of an equivalent brightness.

But did you know that the features (lens shift, enhanced Perfect Fit software & RS232 communication between the projectors) that make the image alignment for stacking extremely easy on these models, also makes them suitable for "passive 3D projection" where the alignment of the two projectors is also crucial?

The addition of widely available polarizing filters (one for each projector) and the corresponding low cost glasses are all that is needed to get great quality 3D images.*
Unlike active 3D systems, passive glasses produce

little or no flicker therefore reducing eye strain. They are also light and more comfortable to wear. Ghosting effects are also reduced in comparison to active 3D systems.

We’d love to hear your feedback and questions on this technology. Please email marketing@hitachi-eu.com for more information.

*a 3D source such as 3D Blu Ray player is required to produce 3D images.
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page