Why 3D HDTV Makes a Lotta Folks Sick? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 36 Old 03-09-2011, 02:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 59
FASTBALL:If you are reading this now you fell asleep....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 03-09-2011, 03:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post

Movies not shot on 3-d ARE FASCINATING perfect examples of how 3d films should look; where eagles dare, the thin red line, wages of fear, passage to india, incredibly compelling tour de forces in the third dimension.

I've see the first four films you listed, but where do I get that fifth one?

Sanjay
post #33 of 36 Old 03-09-2011, 09:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

I've see the first four films you listed, but where do I get that fifth one?

You mean the Performer of the year sampler?

We have 500 blu-rays DISKS loaded in the kaleidescape Disk Vaults(400 are going in Skoll) of them 60 region B's, I would say 20 are unacceptable, the current transfer of 2001 is not good so it presents ghosting, the remaster should be better.

70% are phenomenal - the rest soso.

THAT IS A BAZILLION OF 3D CONTENT at least 320 titles of the most compelling 3D out there. If you like Alice in Wonderland I have got you BEAT.We are providing the client with 10 times more 3D content than anybody else in the world., plus we upscale it to 4K to sit right up front where the action absorbs you. Plus there is dci content in 2k and 4k from the Imax libraries. The fun is non stop.

Of course you need the dual parallel processor teranex to pull this off, and a surround sound with a massive audio delay compensation, hence me nominating the a lone SOLO, like there were two surround processors on the plane and one surround processor jumped and now there is only One individually qualified surround processor in the world..

SO WHAT if certain minuscular hiss is perceived when you put the ear to the fronts? Please be careful not to get ear-wax on the pink speaker cloths But to each it's own.

Everyone has their priorities. I say YOU ARE EITHER IN CINERAMAX korner or you can live a dull, desinfected, compartmentalized, and BORING cinema life with the TROLLS!! Wouldn't you rather be..... WINNING!!! ?

COME DANCE WITH MY GOLD!!!! Serioulsly life is short what the fVck are you waiting for, sell the c_cQsq__ng Porches and enjoy life to the fullest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #34 of 36 Old 03-10-2011, 12:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

One thing I have learned about 3D is not to dismiss technology based on specs and generalizations, there already is an excellent 40 inch auto-stereo system out there:GLASSLESS.

Add the Kaleidescape 3d conversion and you have the most awesome foot of the bed experience.

post #35 of 36 Old 03-11-2011, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post

You would love the Teranex converter the effect with traditional filmed features from the 50's 60's and 70's is mind blowing organic. Movies not shot on 3-d ARE FASCINATING perfect examples of how 3d films should look; where the eagles dare, the thin red line, wages of fear, passage to india, incredibly compelling tour de forces in the third dimension.

My post had nothing to do with converting older films into 3D, so no thanks on the idea of conversions. I think that films that focus on reality, Art films, or dramas are better suited for 3D than cartoons or gimmick films since I find the best use of 3D is it's use of depth perception makes it immersive, yet it doesn't call attention to itself. That is how 3D can get a better cultural reception (next to the glasses and brightness issues).
post #36 of 36 Old 03-25-2011, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
here is another article helping to explain why 3d in reality is just a cool gimmick.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2011/0...ma?sc=fb&cc=fp

Proud Daddy to
Born October 26 2005.

Ob was the delivery doc.

Since i cannot rant on a soapbox in the town square...

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page