The official Theta Owners Thread - Page 296 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 105Likes
post #8851 of 8853 Unread Today, 02:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannga View Post
Steve, so the consensus is to use this diagram, with the seatback reclined or chair removed during measurement if possible? I assume the size of this box matters a little? It looks to be about 25x10x10 inches or so?

Heck if I know? I just started on this Dirac stuff.

Bruce said best to remove all chairs? Or just the one where you are measuring?

To me, it makes more sense that when you run your system, all of the chairs/recliners are in place. So wouldn't measurements with everything in place, reclining to a "normal use" position those that are typically being used in the average viewing/listening session, make more sense?

For me its too much hassle to disconnect each row of recliners and their power recliner mechanisms. So I measure with the recliner reclined but in place.

Just ordered a mini-boom mike from Amazon.com for a whole $25, which will make measuring easier and I won't have to kneel or stand in back of the recliner when I hit the measurement button for Dirac!

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8852 of 8853 Unread Today, 05:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
I have a modded CAPSv3 Zuma with a Sapphire (AMD) video card
Which I use for multichannel music via HDMI

recently got a CAPS4 Pipeline w HDPlex linear power supply for two channel music via USB (and Berkeley Audio USB digital converter

3 Theta Gen VIII DACs

theta CBIV SSP

5 Theta Prometheus mono blocks

5 Aerial 7ts

2 JL Audio F212 subwoofers

theta Compli blu Ray

Directv Genie HR44
Love to hear your system Steve! 😃 must send a thrill down your spine every time you use it! For music playback I go strictly old school, two- channel. Full surround for TV and Blu-Rays!
But I bet it is fun to listen music in surround on your system!
post #8853 of 8853 Unread Today, 07:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoviefan View Post
Love to hear your system Steve! 😃 must send a thrill down your spine every time you use it! For music playback I go strictly old school, two- channel. Full surround for TV and Blu-Rays!
But I bet it is fun to listen music in surround on your system!

I just came from Steve's place, and it sounds fantastic! Two-channel is very impressive, and the multi-channel sounded the best I've heard at his place. Sounds like the venue - much bigger than his actual room. The bass from those JL Audio subs is amazing!

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page