The official Theta Owners Thread - Page 340 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #10171 of 10173 Old Today, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I've got an Aurender N10 on the way. Here in a week or so. Theta will be calibrated in 2 weeks. Should be interesting.
DMRube likes this.
Sponsored Links
post #10172 of 10173 Old Today, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
For me personally I will NEVER drill holes in my ceiling and add speakers just to hear the latest format being introduced. I'm sure it is immersive totally as some have stated. I guess I'll always lean more into stereo music and listening. That in turn led me to invest big money in my speakers and room presently. I refuse to, and will not chase the dragon. What happens when the next change in movie playback occurs? I guess I could build a "normal system" in my den?

What is a 'normal' system these days...5.1 or 7.1. These systems used to be the high end when dolby digital was in its infancy. Hard to tell what is next, I agree. However, if the new systems gain traction, I would bet on them becoming the 'new' normal in a few years.

My Home Theater Site:

post #10173 of 10173 Old Today, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 81
*If* the concern is obsoletion, then it should be noted that over the years, changes in surround codecs haven't made previous generations un-useable when it comes to speakers. For example the first surround system 20 years ago used the same 5.1 configuration as the latest Atmos 5.1's base. Of course, what has changed are expansion of surround space with increasing number of speakers, the "electronics," and the resulting sound quality, from matrixed to discrete, from lossy to lossless. There are literally billions at stake (Yeah Dolby's market cap!) so I think the latest change to 3D audio is going to be stable and decently long lasting, just like previous changes.

If anyone is interested, there are ceiling speaker choices that make "drill hole in ceiling" not nearly as invasive as it sounds. Well at least for houses like mine with dry wall on wood frame ceiling. Many modern ceiling speakers come with a special quick-install frame and were placed by electrician in no more than a couple of hours. Once in, they are flat, flushed, and hardly noticeable. I do agree that running the wire up there and preparing the room for the workers is an absolute pain in the derriere .

Regards, Can
My system & CBIII HD Mini Review Theta Casablanca - the processor for music lovers: stunning 3D soundstage, rich, full sound with *unlimited* dynamics :-)!
High-End Speaker Impressions & 3D Audio Comments Give vinyl and tube preamp a try - the sound from heaven.
Casablanca Setup Help & Wish List
Sponsored Links
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)