Originally Posted by Theta and Mc's
So does this look right?
1) SONICTRANSPORTER I5 MICRORENDU IFI BUNDLE
2) Sonore Signature Series Power Supply.
3) Roon subscription.
4) How is everyone transferring usb audio output into our Theta's?
2) Start without. You do not need it at all. And if you like to have one, it should be used for the SonicTransporter. Paul Hynes PS may be an other choise. Or possible even better Vinnie Rossi. But you may pay a lot for little improvement.
3) Yes. The absolutly best !!!!. Buy lifetime.
4) Buy the Singxer F1. around $199. You will be very happy. Very !!!! (Holo Audio). Later you can test version that accept LPS-1 (buy a second one) power requirements. And use a Vbus isolator on your USB cable. And experiment with expensive USB cables. And have fun with Ethernet cables, switches, FMC's and Ethernet isolators. The options and variations are endless.....
5) Use the LPS-1 to power your MicroRendu. It's a must. The best upgrade you will ever get. I testet the LPS-1 on a Squeezebox Touch. It was night and day. You will not believe before you hear
What ever others may say about a LPS supply for the MicroRendu I will disagree. And it's totally useless in combination with the LPS-1. In my opinion replasing your SMPS with LPS will in some cases raise the SQ, becuase you may reduse the AC noise from those SMPS into your other equipment. Which also a good conditioner will do. So probably better to put your money into one of those. I'm sure if you ever test a recomended one, you do not see the need of adding extra expensive LPS. Adding LPS should be on the bottom of you list. If you can afford, purchase Vinnie Rossi for you Sonic Transporter.
(Yes a LPS only on you MicroRendu will most likly be better than a SMPS, but what a vaste of money over a LPS-1).
And Even today you can just install Tidal on your PC, do the correct settings, add a Singxer F1, and have fun with MQA.
Let us know how you proceed.