The official Theta Owners Thread - Page 383 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 370Likes

post #11461 of 11490 Old 05-09-2017, 03:12 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lewis View Post
Hello all- Have been away for some time. I previously had the Casablanca, then the CBII, the CBIII, CBIII-HD and now have the CBIV. I spoke to Craig at TheaterMax for some time today and he got me up to speed on several things relating to the IV. Craig thanks for your time today you are a very good Theta dealer and super nice to talk with.

Question for the forum, what are you guys doing about the revision to xover settings? I previously used "Full + LP" for L/R/C, but that setting is gone in the IV. I have BG Radia LA800's for L/R/C and two bag end 18" infrasubs - running off xtreme card sub1 output via a balanced splitter. The LA800's do great with full range and slope off at 40hz. My surrounds xover at 60hz so that is not a problem.

With the CBIV, what happens if I set L/R/C to "full range"? Will the CBIV still route the DD/DTS LFE from L/R/C to the sub?
Also- since there is no more analog level indicator on the display, what are you guys doing to ensure you are not clipping from an analog source?

I wanted to add that the Theta Casablanca is hands down the best bang for buck in a true high end audiophile quality music and cinema controller. It does everything well with a sonic excellence that is addicting. There is really nothing else at any price point that compares to it. If there was I'd own it JMHO...

TIA-
Buddy,

It was so nice to chat today. Your enthusiasm and excitement with Theta really shines through and I am so glad you are enjoying your machine. Super happy for you and whatever you need reach out to me anytime.

Craig

Craig Shumer
20 Years of Audio Video Excellence
President of Theatermax LLC
www.theatermax.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11462 of 11490 Old 05-09-2017, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGI View Post
Buddy,

It was so nice to chat today. Your enthusiasm and excitement with Theta really shines through and I am so glad you are enjoying your machine. Super happy for you and whatever you need reach out to me anytime.

Craig
Thanks Craig, very kind of you to say.

Also for any of you not familiar with Theta's level of service, here is my recent 2017 experience - John and Morris recently went way out of their way, over and above normal support, with taking care of me on a specific support issue. Truly, I am amazed with the level of care and service provided, and their goal was purely to make sure I was satisfied with the product. What they provide as "normal service", is a level all other companies should strive to attain. Seriously!

Speaking as a company owner myself, Theta is and remains top notch in the ultra high end AV segment and you will certainly be delighted with everything spent on their products. My 2c FWIW..

A/V Gear: Elite 70" display, Theta CBIIIHD processor, Theta Intrepid amplifier, Oppo 95 BD, BG Radia LA800 mains, BG Radia CC400 center, four BG Radia R18i surrounds, dual 18" Bag End Infrasubs, two Fuhrman P1800PF AVRs, Synergistic Silver Reference active cables & interconnects. 

post #11463 of 11490 Old 05-09-2017, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwinterberg View Post
90% sure that the CBIV with the HDMI 1.4 card (the version that I have) does not support ARC; don't know about the new HDMI 2.0 card. Momentum Data Systems, the OEM for the card, indicates that ARC is supported but don't know if Theta implemented the capability. Even if the ARC is implemented you won't get lossless hi-res audio; ARC has SPDIF like capabilities so the best you can get is DD.

Most of the posters on the Oppo -203 thread are going with stand-alone streamers; either running them directly into their processors or through the -203's HDMI input. The prevailing wisdom is that stand alone streamers will be supported better than the Oppo by the content providers (who also provide the streaming apps). You should be aware that the -203's HDMI input is not yet working properly; there is an audio/video synch issue and some are reporting video frame drops. Oppo indicates that they are committed to resolving these issues but it has been almost six months since the -203 was released.
Great info, thanks for the reply. Stand alone streaming device it is!

post #11464 of 11490 Old 05-10-2017, 04:57 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
You should be aware that the -203's HDMI input is not yet working properly; there is an audio/video synch issue and some are reporting video frame drops. Oppo indicates that they are committed to resolving these issues but it has been almost six months since the -203 was released.
I can confirm that this is still an issue with the OPPO 203 HDMI input.
post #11465 of 11490 Old 05-10-2017, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Reposting, I was hoping someone more experienced with the IV might have some insight? TIA

• With the CBIII and IIIHD, I used "Full + LP" for L/R/C xover, but that setting is gone in the IV. I have BG Radia LA800's for L/R/C and two bag end 18" infrasubs - running off xtreme card sub1 output via a balanced splitter. The LA800's do great with full range and slope off at 40hz. If I set L/R/C to "full range", will it still route the DD/DTS LFE from L/R/C to the sub? Or do I need to use the xover setting to get the LFE routed?
  • Since there is no more analog level indicator on the display, what are you guys doing to ensure you are not clipping from an analog input source?

A/V Gear: Elite 70" display, Theta CBIIIHD processor, Theta Intrepid amplifier, Oppo 95 BD, BG Radia LA800 mains, BG Radia CC400 center, four BG Radia R18i surrounds, dual 18" Bag End Infrasubs, two Fuhrman P1800PF AVRs, Synergistic Silver Reference active cables & interconnects. 

post #11466 of 11490 Old 05-10-2017, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1295 Post(s)
Liked: 1124
Quote:
Reposting, I was hoping someone more experienced with the IV might have some insight? TIA

• With the CBIII and IIIHD, I used "Full + LP" for L/R/C xover, but that setting is gone in the IV. I have BG Radia LA800's for L/R/C and two bag end 18" infrasubs - running off xtreme card sub1 output via a balanced splitter. 1. The LA800's do great with full range and slope off at 40hz. 2. If I set L/R/C to "full range", will it still route the DD/DTS LFE from L/R/C to the sub? Or do I need to use the xover setting to get the LFE routed?
  • Since there is no more analog level indicator on the display, what are you guys doing to ensure you are not clipping from an analog input source?

Hope this helps and sorry if there's info you already know:

1. Please clarify. If you set the LA800 to full range, there shouldn't be any slope or crossover point involved, no?
2. Most definitely yes. The LFE is always routed to the subwoofer regardless of whether LCR is crossover'ed, or not. In other words behavior of LFE is the same whether LCR is "Full + LP" or "Full." AFAIK (anyone pls correct as needed - not 100% sure about Full + LP since I don't have manual with me):

Full + LP: LFE to subwoofer. Low frequency of LCR "stays" at LCR *and* routed to subwoofer.
Full: LFE to subwoofer. Low frequency of LCR "stays" at LCR; no routing to subwoofer.
Crossover: LFE to subwoofer. Low frequency of LCR is routed to subwoofer.

Regards, Can
My System & Theta Casablanca CBIII HD Mini-Review Uncontrolled obsession with music, and sound.
Interesting Audio Diagrams :-) & High-End Speaker Reviews
JTR Subwoofer Thread I don't always listen to subwoofers, but when I do, it's JTR :-).

Last edited by cannga; 05-10-2017 at 08:51 AM.
post #11467 of 11490 Old 05-10-2017, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannga View Post
Hope this helps and sorry if there's info you already know:

1. Please clarify. If you set the LA800 to full range, there shouldn't be any slope or crossover point involved, no?
2. Most definitely yes. The LFE is always routed to the subwoofer regardless of whether LCR is crossover'ed, or not. In other words behavior of LFE is the same whether LCR is "Full + LP" or "Full." AFAIK (anyone pls correct as needed):

Full + LP: LFE to subwoofer. Low frequency of LCR "stays" at LCR *and* routed to subwoofer.
Full: LFE to subwoofer. Low frequency of LCR "stays" at LCR; no routing to subwoofer.
Crossover: LFE to subwoofer. Low frequency of LCR is routed to subwoofer.
Thanks Cannga- I was afraid of that, so if I set "Full" then I no longer get the additional bass routing to the subs.

If I set my LA800's to full range, they naturally slope off at 40hz, being about 6db down by 20hz. I always ran them Full+LP on the CB and had my subs come in at 40hz. More than just for the LFE of DD/DTS, using the Full+LP served up a very nice sound with 2ch listening given the characteristics of my room.

post #11468 of 11490 Old 05-10-2017, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy11 View Post
Marantz is a joke
Well...it wasn't really a fair fight; the Marantz retails for $4K, the Theta is...well a lot more than that. But what I found amazing is that Theta's 15 year old CB2 kicked the snot out of it. With superior cards, it's only looking at 20 bits! Here are my takeaways:

- Theta was ahead of its time. The new stuff is more about refinement of what's already amazing. Let's be honest - 15 years ago, I would have given my left nut for a CB2. It only seems crusty and old now sitting next to a CB4 with D-3 DACS ;-)

- How something sounds depends on lots of things, not just having the latest DAC chip, or how many bits, sampling frequency, specs, etc. that are listed on the box. This is largely due to two things: overall system design and execution. Theta excels at both. I should have known what to expect from a piece of mass-produced electronics, no matter how much it's touted as ground-breaking.

- Newer doesn't automatically mean better. I'm listening to my CB2 right now, and although I know Theta has better, it's really still quite engaging. To pick one of these up used doesn't cost much at all. I don't think you can have more fun for $1K! Audiophiles on a budget, take note!

Of course, having had a taste of awesome, I wanted the whole meal, so what did I do? The only thing a sane audiophile would do; I called Craig at TheaterMax and had him hook me up with a sweet deal on a CB4 upgrade. I sprung for one of them new-fangled D-3 DACS too. To say that I'm excited would be the understatement of the century.

- Rob
cannga likes this.
post #11469 of 11490 Old 05-10-2017, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Cannga- I was afraid of that, so if I set "Full" then I no longer get the additional bass routing to the subs.

If I set my LA800's to full range, they naturally slope off at 40hz, being about 6db down by 20hz. I always ran them Full+LP on the CB and had my subs come in at 40hz. More than just for the LFE of DD/DTS, using the Full+LP served up a very nice sound with 2ch listening given the characteristics of my room.

Ok I understand now - I have a similar speaker, the planar ribbon Magneplanar 3.5 and set it up similarly. Magneplanar is run full range (doesn't sound right when crossover'ed) and subwoofer overlapping from 60 hz down.

So this is a solution that might work for you, although obviously not as clean as before: Y split the LR output, one goes to LR amp as before, one goes to a new subwoofer. For my Magneplanar, I went through a few subwoofers before finally settling on Sunfire Solitaire 10" (bigger more powerful Sunfire True Subwoofer for example doesn't integrate as well.).

Regards, Can
My System & Theta Casablanca CBIII HD Mini-Review Uncontrolled obsession with music, and sound.
JTR Subwoofer Thread I don't always listen to subwoofers, but when I do, it's JTR :-).
post #11470 of 11490 Old 05-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Ok I understand now - I have a similar speaker, the planar ribbon Magneplanar 3.5 and set it up similarly. Magneplanar is run full range (doesn't sound right when crossover'ed) and subwoofer overlapping from 60 hz down.

So this is a solution that might work for you, although obviously not as clean as before: Y split the LR output, one goes to LR amp as before, one goes to a new subwoofer. For my Magneplanar, I went through a few subwoofers before finally settling on Sunfire Solitaire 10" (bigger more powerful Sunfire True Subwoofer for example doesn't integrate as well.).
That just wont work for several reasons. One of them being I will lose per-input gain control of the sub. My sub gains are set differently for directv vs 2ch vs DB vs streaming sources. But of course I don't expect everyone to be using the CB's config capabilities to the fullest extent like I have been.

I have found that sealed, high power servo subs, preferably a dual opposed design like the Genesis G928 or sub section in the Genesis 6.1 towers, integrate best with electrostatic or line array planar ribbon speakers. A ported design sub will not keep pace fast enough with these speaker types to match as far as music listening goes. - which is why a lot of folks end up scrapping their planar or other ribbon type of speaker system because it is "never quite right" on the musical transition through mid bass to sub bass. The usual mistake is in trying to integrate a ported or other open design sub. Although I will say that some of the older REL subs (original Storm, Stadium), were damn impressive and very fast. The new REL, meh.. not so much. too bad.

For strictly movies it does not matter as much, but, I still find sealed designs to be more pleasing and accurate, and quick to reproduce transients. Although for a given room I will typically use twice as many sealed subs vs ported subs, but with a much better overall sonic result. FWIW, My2c..
cannga likes this.

Last edited by k_lewis; 05-10-2017 at 09:56 AM.
post #11471 of 11490 Old 05-10-2017, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

Theta's John Baloff is the guy to contact regarding this. John was able to help me recreate the full+LP for stereo. This was the most important configuration for me.

You use the Special Matrix mode and turn off your amps for the surrounds. This results in a full signal for front L & R plus a sub signal.

Refer to page 50 in the CBIV manual:

Note: If the source does not contain a discrete LFE channel, no signal will be routed to the SUB output(s) unless one or
more speakers are crossed over. If the source contains a discrete LFE channel and the #SUBS is set to 0, the LFE
signal will be routed equally to all speakers whose CFG is set to FULL. EXCEPTION: IF MATRIX OR SPECIAL MATRIX
ARE SELECTED, A SUBWOOFER SIGNAL WILL BE CREATED EVEN IF ALL SPEAKERS ARE SET TO FULL

I'm not sure what to do when in one of the movie modes (DDTHD or DTSMA); but John is the authority.

post #11472 of 11490 Old 05-10-2017, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That just wont work for several reasons. One of them being I will lose per-input gain control of the sub. My sub gains are set differently for directv vs 2ch vs DB vs streaming sources. But of course I don't expect everyone to be using the CB's config capabilities to the fullest extent like I have been.

I have found that sealed, high power servo subs, preferably a dual opposed design like the Genesis G928 or sub section in the Genesis 6.1 towers, integrate best with electrostatic or line array planar ribbon speakers. ...

Sure, (us) audiophiles are a picky bunch when it comes to subwoofers.

Just one more point to make sure we are on the same channel with the bolded part above: with the proposed setup (new subwoofer for LR), if I understand you correctly, you don't lose per input gain control of the sub. You will still control subwoofer gain per input right? The only difference is that the gain now only affects the LFE channel, and NOT the LR low frequency (which IMHO is the way it should be anyway, but I know, YMMV).

In other words:
Previously: as you increase gain of subwoofer, you alter the balance of the LR sound.
New system with separate subwoofer: as you increase gain of subwoofer, the balance of LR stays the same (which to me would be more desirable - YMMV.

Regards, Can
post #11473 of 11490 Old 05-10-2017, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Sure, (us) audiophiles are a picky bunch when it comes to subwoofers.

Just one more point to make sure we are on the same channel with the bolded part above: with the proposed setup (new subwoofer for LR), if I understand you correctly, you don't lose per input gain control of the sub. You will still control subwoofer gain per input right? The only difference is that the gain now only affects the LFE channel, and NOT the LR low frequency (which IMHO is the way it should be anyway, but I know, YMMV).

In other words:
Previously: as you increase gain of subwoofer, you alter the balance of the LR sound.
New system with separate subwoofer: as you increase gain of subwoofer, the balance of LR stays the same (which to me would be more desirable - YMMV.
heh- right?? like politics, everyone has their own opinion and pref on subs. In the end it is always what works best for your own ears. And often times it is a fun road getting there, with trying new / different things.

I need the subs on their own dac channel. Sources from directv (for example) are often a but tinny on bass and I gain up the subs a few db. but I would not want that added gain when listening to 2ch streaming / CD, or movies on the BD player.
cannga likes this.

post #11474 of 11490 Old 05-10-2017, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Theta's John Baloff is the guy to contact regarding this. John was able to help me recreate the full+LP for stereo. This was the most important configuration for me.

You use the Special Matrix mode and turn off your amps for the surrounds. This results in a full signal for front L & R plus a sub signal.

Refer to page 50 in the CBIV manual:

Note: If the source does not contain a discrete LFE channel, no signal will be routed to the SUB output(s) unless one or
more speakers are crossed over. If the source contains a discrete LFE channel and the #SUBS is set to 0, the LFE
signal will be routed equally to all speakers whose CFG is set to FULL. EXCEPTION: IF MATRIX OR SPECIAL MATRIX
ARE SELECTED, A SUBWOOFER SIGNAL WILL BE CREATED EVEN IF ALL SPEAKERS ARE SET TO FULL

I'm not sure what to do when in one of the movie modes (DDTHD or DTSMA); but John is the authority.

Thanks- That is very helpful. So basically it is very similar to what I did with the CBIII-HD, I used Matrix mode exclusively for digital playback of 2ch music- it was immensely better than stereo mode. In Setup for the dedicated input, I would set the default format to MATRIX. In speaker config I would turn off Center and surrounds. Then set LRC to Full+LP, leave sub channel on. The result was a very good, open musical presentation especially when input via AES/EBU.

Granted, the IV is different now and Stereo mode has been revised. I'm just getting the IV set up this week so I still have lots to play around with and compare.

Have you tried listening in this way with Matrix vs Special Matrix? When using Matrix in this manner it would probably be better to turn off the unwanted speaker channels in speaker config vs turning off the amps. I'm pretty sure that when you shut off a speaker in the config it will affect the internal matrix channel creation and sound routing.

post #11475 of 11490 Old 05-10-2017, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGI View Post
Of course my friend... You will be one of the first. You have to flip a coin with Bruzonsky

Craig

BFF!

Bruzonsky is a tough competitor. I hope that the coin flip won't be rigged :-).
post #11476 of 11490 Old 05-10-2017, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Have you tried listening in this way with Matrix vs Special Matrix? When using Matrix in this manner it would probably be better to turn off the unwanted speaker channels in speaker config vs turning off the amps. I'm pretty sure that when you shut off a speaker in the config it will affect the internal matrix channel creation and sound routing.

I have not. With my fronts on their own amp it has been simple to only power their amp when listening to two channel.
post #11477 of 11490 Old 05-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have not. With my fronts on their own amp it has been simple to only power their amp when listening to two channel.
I'll give everything a try this week. Have a listen with Matrix vs Special Matrix and test if you hear any difference?

post #11478 of 11490 Old 05-10-2017, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

Just did some quick testing, listening. Very interesting results indeed.

With the CBIV, things do operate a bit differently than the III-HD when using Matrix or Special Matrix modes. When Front L/R are set to Full, Matrix modes will not create a sub channel unless you turn on Center, Back or Surrounds (they can be set to anything, full or xover, but not off). If you leave Center, Back, Surrounds "off", but set front L/R to "xover", then a sub channel is created. I typically used this mode with only the Front L/R speakers turned on, and front L/R speakers set to "Full+LP".

So in order to have this mode work as jjwinterberg described, I must leave at least one of the other channels (C, SB,SR) on and manually shut off sound to those channels at the amplifier. Not optimal, but at least there is a working method.

Sound presentation:

Did some basic music listening via my CD transport, AES/EBU input to the CB. I set up my input for CD so only the L,R and sub channels were active. To get the Matrix modes to work with routing bass to sub, I left the back surrounds on and shut off the amp.

Stereo mode is much improved. Much more natural presentation, stage is better defined. A definite thumbs up. I enabled xover for front L/R and did a listen with mains x'd over at 40hz into the subs, 24db slope. Actually rather impressive. The CBIII-HD never sounded this good with this same manner of config. The xover transition feels better integrated and the sub sounds more musical / natural.

Matrix mode sounds as good as it did in the CBIII-HD. Although the only downside is it's no longer possible to shut off center, back, surrounds and run front L/R in full range mode with bass reproduced in the subs. You must either set front L/R to xover or, leave the center, back or surrounds enabled.

As far as presentation and detail, Matrix and Stereo sound virtually the same and both very good. I'd give a slight nod to warmth to the Matrix mode.

Special Matrix mode, same downside as Matrix in regards to use for 2ch listening and mains-to-sub bass reproduction. But, the sound stage is really widened and brought forward. Very nice indeed. I found it rather enjoyable with certain material versus Matrix or Stereo.

Overall, I would find myself switching between Matrix and Special Matrix depending on the source material. For example, Tin Pan Alley by SRV, a bit laid back with some good dynamics, sounded much more engaging with Special Matrix vs Matrix or Stereo. However, listening to a Santana disc and then on to Ronnie Earl & The Broadcasters, found me leaving it in Matrix mode. both of those discs are very forward and lively and running in Special Matrix just added more that was not needed.

In short, I'll be setting up my CD remote screen with shortcut buttons to Stereo, Matrix and Special Matrix for quick changes as needed.

As far as the issue goes with being able to reproduce bass from L/R into the subs as easy as it was with the CBIII-HD (Full+LP mode)- I'm not sure if I will need to use "full" speaker mode with the CBIV. Running front L/R in xover mode @ 40hz, 24db slope into the subs sounded fantastic- and the CBIV is not even broken in yet. Theta did a very nice job indeed. I'm rather stoked.

Anyway-- My2c, FWIW..

Last edited by k_lewis; 05-10-2017 at 12:37 PM.
post #11479 of 11490 Old 05-10-2017, 04:00 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
BFF!

Bruzonsky is a tough competitor. I hope that the coin flip won't be rigged :-).
My CBIVa upgrade order was in back in the stone ages. No coin flip necessary!!!@@@

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
post #11480 of 11490 Old 05-11-2017, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
My CBIVa upgrade order was in back in the stone ages. No coin flip necessary!!!@@@
I JUST RECEIVED MY CBIV BACK - NOW UPGRADED TO A CBIVa, AND IT IT ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!

OK, OK, just kidding. But, it was fun to be the first - even for a split second

Dave
cannga and rhale64L7 like this.
post #11481 of 11490 Old 05-12-2017, 02:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Awesome! I bet Steve just had a heart palpation. Lol. Steve are you still with us?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
cannga and thezaks like this.

JVC RS4810 projector Stewart Cima 115" 2.35 screen, ATI 523 and 528 amps
7 mirror imaged 2 way DIY monitors. All matched to within 1db. All parts matched, 1 SVS SB16 ultra subwoofer
Emotiva XMC-1 processor Marantz UD5007 Bluray player
Furman sequencer ran off of a double 50amp breaker,Furman power conditioner
All in a dedicated 15x22x8 foot dedicated home theater.
post #11482 of 11490 Old 05-12-2017, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^Cold blooded!

Regards, Can
post #11483 of 11490 Old 05-12-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhale64L7 View Post
Awesome! I bet Steve just had a heart palpation. Lol. Steve are you still with us?

Actually I'm in hospice listening to my CBIVa!

(Let's see you beat that one!) Oh - and my stereo listening pleasure is provided by my new stereo speakers,models Bar Rafael and Kate Upton! (I just beat the first one!)
thezaks likes this.

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
post #11484 of 11490 Old 05-12-2017, 01:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Lol. ^∆

JVC RS4810 projector Stewart Cima 115" 2.35 screen, ATI 523 and 528 amps
7 mirror imaged 2 way DIY monitors. All matched to within 1db. All parts matched, 1 SVS SB16 ultra subwoofer
Emotiva XMC-1 processor Marantz UD5007 Bluray player
Furman sequencer ran off of a double 50amp breaker,Furman power conditioner
All in a dedicated 15x22x8 foot dedicated home theater.
post #11485 of 11490 Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Actually I'm in hospice listening to my CBIVa!

(Let's see you beat that one!) Oh - and my stereo listening pleasure is provided by my new stereo speakers,models Bar Rafael and Kate Upton! (I just beat the first one!)

Goodness. Yeah she would cardiovert any palpitation.
We really need Atmos so Theta owners have something to talk about, but I don't mind this OT.

Regards, Can

Last edited by cannga; Yesterday at 11:43 AM.
post #11486 of 11490 Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
We really need Atmos so Theta owners have something to talk about, but I don't mind this OT.

LOL....SO TRUE....Craig, what's up???
cannga likes this.
post #11487 of 11490 Old Yesterday, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
To Theta development departement:

Here is some inspirasjon for your USB interface desig. 😀

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...comment=665461
post #11488 of 11490 Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Nice to know that Theta is coming out with the CBIVA - I was a Theta CB1 owner and went all the way to CB3HD with three Extreme DACs for a 9.2 Channel system - driven by Citadels LCR and Dreadnaught III until December 2015.
This is when I moved to the Trinnov as I wanted to increase by channel count and needed remapping due to speaker position constraints and I could not wait for Theta to launch ATMOS.
In this new system I am using Theta Prometheus amps for LCR and Theta Dread D's for around channels and QSC Digital Amps for the ceiling/height channels.
Funny that Trinnov just launched its multi channel amp and it is built by ATI - it is basically a 8 channelDread D and they advertise N Core so in that sense I was ahead of them when making the right choice of sticking with Theta N Core amps.
All the theta gear I had or have was provide by Craig who I know for 15 years I think... including my LCR speakers - he is the best dealer I have ever dealt with.. and supports his clients greatly.
You guys will live ATMOS - I highly recommend to upgrade to a ATMOS system and if you cannot put ceiling speakers you can use the bouncies ... it is a amazing sound experience...
I wish I could find more details on the CB IV A - I would recommend to friends who are getting into ATMOS.
Theta products are top notch.
cannga likes this.
post #11489 of 11490 Old Today, 09:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Sharma View Post
Nice to know that Theta is coming out with the CBIVA - I was a Theta CB1 owner and went all the way to CB3HD with three Extreme DACs for a 9.2 Channel system - driven by Citadels LCR and Dreadnaught III until December 2015.
This is when I moved to the Trinnov as I wanted to increase by channel count and needed remapping due to speaker position constraints and I could not wait for Theta to launch ATMOS.
In this new system I am using Theta Prometheus amps for LCR and Theta Dread D's for around channels and QSC Digital Amps for the ceiling/height channels.
Funny that Trinnov just launched its multi channel amp and it is built by ATI - it is basically a 8 channelDread D and they advertise N Core so in that sense I was ahead of them when making the right choice of sticking with Theta N Core amps.
All the theta gear I had or have was provide by Craig who I know for 15 years I think... including my LCR speakers - he is the best dealer I have ever dealt with.. and supports his clients greatly.
You guys will live ATMOS - I highly recommend to upgrade to a ATMOS system and if you cannot put ceiling speakers you can use the bouncies ... it is a amazing sound experience...
I wish I could find more details on the CB IV A - I would recommend to friends who are getting into ATMOS.
Theta products are top notch.
So you have "bouncies" in your theater too? Are they the same as the ones I have (see picture below):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kate.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	2149082  
cannga likes this.

My home theater at:
post #11490 of 11490 Old Today, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 477
:-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)