The official Theta Owners Thread - Page 394 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 453Likes

post #11791 of 11793 Old Today, 09:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked: 1320
Another significant and much appreciated improvement - original mode and upmix mode now clearly indicated. CBIII HD would not display upmix mode, a point that I complained much about. Solved!

Here it is, upmixing Interstellar, the famous rocket launch scene is so violent, so dynamic, so... ahem uplifting. :-) The sound is typical Theta: exquisitely clean and powerful. Casablanca is finally the modern SSP I so hoped for. BTW Interstellar is one of the all time great movies for bass heads - recommended without reservation. A must have in any library IMHO.

Honestly it's as if Theta has read my b*** and moan list, and got tired of hearing about it. Well done!

Regards, Can
My System & Theta Casablanca CBIII HD Mini-Review Uncontrolled obsession with music, and sound.
Interesting Audio Diagrams :-) & High-End Speaker Reviews
JTR Subwoofer Thread I don't always listen to subwoofers, but when I do, it's JTR :-).

Last edited by cannga; Today at 09:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11792 of 11793 Old Today, 09:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked: 1320
Above is for movies. Stereo material could be upmixed with either 3D Dolby or DTS, DTS Neural:X (who came up with this name?!) as seen below. First picture is the 6 modes available. Second picture is display of 2 channel stereo being upmixed.

Anyway you look at it, a huge improvement over CBIII HD in display and user friendliness. Much simpler yet fully functional, more intuitive. Completely modernized.

Regards, Can
My System & Theta Casablanca CBIII HD Mini-Review Uncontrolled obsession with music, and sound.
Interesting Audio Diagrams :-) & High-End Speaker Reviews
JTR Subwoofer Thread I don't always listen to subwoofers, but when I do, it's JTR :-).

Last edited by cannga; Today at 09:45 PM.
post #11793 of 11793 Old Today, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I must be missing something, and/or my unit needs to go back to Theta. When I play Interstellar, I ONLY see DTS MASTER AUDIO, there are no upmixing displays or options. And as i mentioned earlier, no sound from my height speakers on 5.1 or 7.1 tracks..... There seems to be no option for upmixing....I've been in the Dolby Digital and DTS sub menus in set up, and there are NO OPTIONS in either menu. In Dolby Digital, the ONLY option is NITE, on or off. That's it. What am I missing???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannga View Post
Another significant and much appreciated improvement - original mode and upmix mode now clearly indicated. CBIII HD would not display upmix mode, a point that I complained much about. Solved!

Here it is, upmixing Interstellar, the famous rocket launch scene is so violent, so dynamic, so... ahem uplifting. :-) The sound is typical Theta: exquisitely clean and powerful. Casablanca is finally the modern SSP I so hoped for. BTW Interstellar is one of the all time great movies for bass heads - recommended without reservation. A must have in any library IMHO.

Honestly it's as if Theta has read my b*** and moan list, and got tired of hearing about it. Well done!

Last edited by stacy11; Today at 09:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page