The official Theta Owners Thread - Page 404 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 486Likes

post #12091 of 12096 Old 09-16-2017, 10:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2631 Post(s)
Liked: 2503
I can't seem to find any recent information regarding previously announced 32-channel Casablanca E. Is this still a forthcoming platform?

Is the IVa limited to 12 channels or is there potential for expansion to 16?

http://thetadigital.com/press_releas...nnounced.shtml
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12092 of 12096 Old 09-16-2017, 10:29 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta and Mc's View Post
Don't you want to wait for Dolby Vision? Or does that sweet projector have that too?
There is no word if or when Dolby Vision is coming to consumer projectors! I wanna go bigger while I still have time to enjoy!

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
post #12093 of 12096 Old 09-18-2017, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Stop By? Heck, you are strong! Probably have you come by to help lift the 90 pound gorilla Sony laser projector into its ceiling mount. HA!
Kidding or not - I would love to help! If you could use me, let's see if we can work out the timing.

Dave

post #12094 of 12096 Old 09-22-2017, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I'm in the market for a video scaler. Something to remove the black bars on movies....without distorting the image TOO much, or losing too many pixels! I know with most TV's, if you zoom you just lose so much picture and resolution. Maybe a company like DVDO, or some similar brand? Anyone have any thoughts or hands on with such a device?
post #12095 of 12096 Old 09-22-2017, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancjodanc View Post
I'm in the market for a video scaler. Something to remove the black bars on movies....without distorting the image TOO much, or losing too many pixels! I know with most TV's, if you zoom you just lose so much picture and resolution. Maybe a company like DVDO, or some similar brand? Anyone have any thoughts or hands on with such a device?
You're looking at a Lumagen Pro. They start around $4K for what you are looking for and go north from there. A DIY masking system and an anamorphic lens would cost slightly less, but obviously don't have the processing benefits of the Lumagen.
post #12096 of 12096 Old 09-22-2017, 10:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancjodanc View Post
Lumagen video processors allow you to vary greyness of yhe bars but can/t totally eliminate them, which is why I have always preferred more expensive masking screems in my dark mancave theater, And I am getting a new Lumagen Pro for my new 4k projector.

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page