The official Theta Owners Thread - Page 405 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 486Likes

post #12121 of 12122 Old 10-11-2017, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancjodanc View Post
I'll try that Steve...but it was off and on several times yesterday with the DIRAC being set up. Power off the back as well. And I don't keep my CB on all the time. Once it powers off...I have the power cut off from the back, because of it's place in my A/V cabinet...I don't want it getting to warm in there! I also just switched to an optical cable...and it's still doing the same issue. Now after every song. The CB shows 'no signal' on the front..but the song is playing in Roon. So I switched imputs on the CB, then back to the one for my music, and the music plays again. SO, since it's doing the same thing with the optical as the coax...it's not the cable! Could the gap in songs in a playlist be enough to trick the CB into thinking no signal?
All I can tell you is I have no such issues in my sytem.

Try hitting the CB IVa's "AD" button on the front or on the remote - if the CBIVa is sluggish, this can sometimes "wake" it up.

Also you better check your network to ensure there is no issue there, as Roon might be playing, but is that audio signal having intermittent issues over the network getting to the CBIVa? Also what is your Roon core player and what are you using for Roon Ready/Roon output?

Moreover, ths issue could be Roon. I have a Sonic Transporter i5 Roon core and a Sonore Signature Rendu Roon Ready player, out USB to Berkley Audio USB converter, out balanced digital to Theta CBIVa. On occasion Roon may even show playing yet no sound. I'll go on PC and google "My Sonicorbiter" and from that page restart (and sometimes load new firmware if any) both devices, and then all is fine with sound.

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431

Last edited by Steve Bruzonsky; 10-11-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12122 of 12122 Old 10-13-2017, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Not to change the direction of this thread, but . . .

Does anyone know about Theta Digital's plans for enabling the decoding of MQA-encoded music? I was at the Rocky Mountain AudioFest last weekend and was impressed by the demos comparing MQA with standard Red Book.

Jonathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page