The official "Theta" thread - Page 244 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #7291 of 7294 Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am curious -- what do readers of this forum think to be the value to have a dedicated remote controller for the Casablanca -- which could do things such as switch inputs from a source (e.g., digital and analog from a high end CD player) and change the ms of the master audio delay (dependent on video source), etc.? Classe and Krell have such remotes for their high end preamp/processors; Theta's current offering (the Theta Digital 7-Component Pre-Programmed and Learning Remote Control) is a rebadge of an inexpensive, though still decent, URC home theater controller that handles one's TV, VCR, A/V receiver, etc. -- as pictured below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Controller.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	275273  

Jonathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7292 of 7294 Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1144 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Quote:
Yea, like mine! I will betcha anyday that The Bland's supertechedoutinthenewestlatestfeatures theater doesn't sound near as pleasing as my theater for both movies and music!@@@
Most likely not.

Bests, ~ Robert § (Bob)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7293 of 7294 Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
The current HDMI card is a pass through one, meaning no video processing. Theta obtains the card from Momentum Data Systems. My educated guess is Theta will continue to use pass through HDMI cards for the CB as it continues to be upgraded. This is what by far most of us want - HDMI switching - if we want video processing, we get an external unit - like I have a Lumagen Radiance. This means you want Darbee, get an external Lumagen (later models have Darbee), or get an Oppo blu ray model with Darbee, or get a Darbee.
My main request to Theta was more HDMI inputs, and CEC, even though CEC probably can be solved with this unit. And I would expect this would most likly be a HMDI 2.0 compliant card. Video processing or Darbee you are probably right with.

CEC I would expect is something most of us want, in order to reduce the number of remotes.

Last edited by ANRE; Today at 01:25 AM.
post #7294 of 7294 Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I would guess many Theta users these days have ripped their CD's, and purchase music via HD-tracks and similar shops. Or even use Wimp, that streams in CD quality. So why should not also Theta have a solution for USB to S/PDIF converter. Is there really a prove that a USB interface isn't applicable for high end audio ? Or Streaming ? Linn has very good products as an example. I can not not hear difference with my ripped CD vs my Wadia 581 GNS with my CB using USB interface from my HTPC.

As Steve, I also use an external USB to S/PDIF converter. The hiFace Evo with external clock. (And even an exernal PS). Many boxes and extra cabling. My USB cable is a AudioQuest - Coffee - USB Cable.

But my point is it would be so much nicer to have this built into the Theta. Like using this. Or any other company Theta would prefer to cooperate with, unless they think they can make something better themself.
To me external sound card in a computer is not an option. Either USB or RJ45 interface. Preferable both.

Hope to hear more opinions about this.

Last edited by ANRE; Today at 01:36 AM.
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page