Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Osadciw View Post
Thanks Armand. I'm also thinking the same thing. Wow this is exciting

Congrats if there is one in your future. Getting your first Casablanca could be a life-changing event :-). The sound is without question (VERY tight and punchy bass, lesser DAC's always tend to sound warm and loose to my ears) but it's quite a "looker" also! Especially the scalloped volume control.

The analog input for the Gen VIII goes to an active preamp stage, just like a real stand-alone preamp so I think that would help. BD has mentioned if Theta would just add a couple more analog inputs, they could call the Gen VIII a full blown preamp. BTW, wasn't it you who inspired me to photoshop the pic below? Boy it seems like yesterday.

Regards, Can
Theta: Stunning 3D soundstage, sublime details, unlimited dynamics and low end response - the processor for music lovers. My system & CBIII HD review & setup help - Post # 3913 & 3914
Give vinyl and tube gears a try - the sound from heaven :-).

Last edited by cannga; 11-24-2014 at 08:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7412 of 7413 Old 11-24-2014, 11:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Yes, Cannga, that was me that inspired the pic! Looks like I'll need to take my own photo soon
I've got a Theta CB plan in place with my Gen 8, so I'll be sure to share my experiences once I have it all together. It's finally going to be sooner rather than later!! yay! ha hah
post #7413 of 7413 Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand07 View Post
I have been listening to CBIV with Dirac and GenVIII for a while and I definately prefer to run 2ch digital music transports through the CBIV. What Dirac Live does when you have set it up properly is just amazing. Maybe dynamics is compressed a little, but it is not much. The benefits of Dirac far outweigh the disadvantages IMHO. It makes the music much smoother and comfortable to listen to.

I also think the Jitter Jail II in the CBIV improves the sound quality.
And don't forget the use of the CBIV's bass management in conjunction with the Gen 8 Series 3 DAC. WOW!

"Doug Winsor" used to troll at some AV Forums as "Steve Bruzonsky"! My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)