AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
From the Theta Digital Facebook page:

"The Editors of CE Pro just named our Prometheus amplifier one of their "Editor’s Picks: 12 Best Products of 2014". Bob Archer's review of this fabulous amplifier is in their December, 2014 issue.
This is quite a feather in our cap. In the wide world of consumer electronics, monoblock amplifiers must really stand out to make such a list. ...Bob Archer's review of this fabulous amplifier is in their December, 2014 issue. This is quite a feather in our cap. In the wide world of consumer electronics, monoblock amplifiers must really stand out to make such a list.

Here's a link: http://www.cepro.com/photos/2014_the_comeback_of_the_custom_install_market_the _best_products_of_the_yea/11/K536"

Nifty!! And outside of Theta's internal use of the Prometheus, I got the first five consumer ones last January and just luv 'em. Clearly better than - my prior Theta Digital Citadel 1.5 monoblocks - which in itself is amazing!!!@@@
This is the 20k forum. Quit worrying about great multichannel amps. Get great monoblock amps. HA!

"Doug Winsor" used to troll at some AV Forums as "Steve Bruzonsky"! My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7442 of 7457 Old 12-11-2014, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Off topic subject...but does anyone think Theta will include a USB input, for audio in a future upgrade?
I see a lot of new music streamer's, like the Auralic Aries that use USB out for DSD files....
that resolution can't be output through the digital out's....and was just wondering if anyone had
a thought on this?
post #7443 of 7457 Old 12-11-2014, 08:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancjodanc View Post
Off topic subject...but does anyone think Theta will include a USB input, for audio in a future upgrade?
I see a lot of new music streamer's, like the Auralic Aries that use USB out for DSD files....
that resolution can't be output through the digital out's....and was just wondering if anyone had
a thought on this?
There has been absolutely not even a hint of this from Theta Digital. Whatever secrets I may know about Theta Digital's future stuff does not include an asynchronous USB input for audio.

However, I am gonna make a bold prediction. The CBIV is so darn musical, even more so when coupled with a Gen VIII Series 3 DAC for front left and right channels. It so good that I no longer use the Gen VIII alone for stereo, I do everything thru the CBIV!!!@@@ No doubt Theta will have more stuff planned for the CBIV in the future as its been so successful. With new technology consolidating and "miniaturizing" computer components the CBIV now has plenty of extra room inside for new stuff. So I am gonna "boldly go where Man hasn't gone before", in Star Trek fashion, and predict that within 2-3 years, if not sooner, Theta Digital will have an asynchronous USB input for what by then will be the CBV! I have not one source telling me this. This is my prediction. Everything I asked for and predicted for some years is coming true for the CB SSP. Lets "see" if I turn out to score 100%. Theta are you watching???@@@

Meanwhile, I am using a Berkeley Audio USB to digital converter - the sound is phenomenal on 2 channel via the CBIV with Gen VIII Series 3 DAC!

"Doug Winsor" used to troll at some AV Forums as "Steve Bruzonsky"! My home theater at:
post #7444 of 7457 Old 12-11-2014, 09:48 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Hey Guys

Hope all your Theta Casablancas are doing well

As you probably know Theta is doing very well with the CB4 upgrades and shipping them daily with extremely happy customer results.

The OS is solid and people are loving the sound of the new CB4..

As you read in the previous post from Steve B.. Theta just got recognized for their new Prometheus Mono Blocks which I have to tell you are not only blowing Steve Bruzonskys mind but mine as well.

I have a pair in our demo room set up with Joseph Audio Perspectives and I am telling you , you've never heard anything like this.. Its completely insane.. Clarity , Precision, Warmth , Excitement and more. If anyone is in the NJ area and wants to hear this Setup we are going to be doing some more demos in January.. The Prometheus Amps are Dave Reichs babies and he put years into the design. They use the Hypex Ncore 1200 modules but instead of doing the Power Supply digital like others , Dave got the best sound by using a Giant Torroid.. Something Dave Reich and Theta are very familiar with.

Bruzonsky has 5 of these puppies in his room and replaced the Citadels with them.. Yes rated less power than the Citadels they smoke the Citadels in performance in all departments..

Theta is showing at CES in a few weeks and whoever gets to go see them will get a real treat !.. Lots of new goodies and some things that are going to make you just realize that buying a Fully Upgradable Processor was well worth the investment.. After almost 20 years of upgrades, the CB4 is just the beginning of an entirely new machine. Morris Kessler has put insane amounts of money into CB4 and wait till you see what he has up his sleeve.. He sees that the road for CB4 is just starting and that with the huge user base of people that demand the best sound quality in the industry that he can continue to invest in CB4 and the customer base will stay on board.

There are lots of other new fantastic boxes on the market but none with an upgradable card based architecture which has stood the test of time like Casablanca.

More to follow soon !

Craig
Theatermax
post #7445 of 7457 Old 12-12-2014, 08:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Here's the CES Pro review on the Theta Digital Prometheus monoblock!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prometheus CE Pro review.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	417218  

post #7446 of 7457 Old 12-12-2014, 08:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGI View Post
Hey Guys

Hope all your Theta Casablancas are doing well

As you probably know Theta is doing very well with the CB4 upgrades and shipping them daily with extremely happy customer results.

The OS is solid and people are loving the sound of the new CB4..

As you read in the previous post from Steve B.. Theta just got recognized for their new Prometheus Mono Blocks which I have to tell you are not only blowing Steve Bruzonskys mind but mine as well.

I have a pair in our demo room set up with Joseph Audio Perspectives and I am telling you , you've never heard anything like this.. Its completely insane.. Clarity , Precision, Warmth , Excitement and more. If anyone is in the NJ area and wants to hear this Setup we are going to be doing some more demos in January.. The Prometheus Amps are Dave Reichs babies and he put years into the design. They use the Hypex Ncore 1200 modules but instead of doing the Power Supply digital like others , Dave got the best sound by using a Giant Torroid.. Something Dave Reich and Theta are very familiar with.

Bruzonsky has 5 of these puppies in his room and replaced the Citadels with them.. Yes rated less power than the Citadels they smoke the Citadels in performance in all departments..

Theta is showing at CES in a few weeks and whoever gets to go see them will get a real treat !.. Lots of new goodies and some things that are going to make you just realize that buying a Fully Upgradable Processor was well worth the investment.. After almost 20 years of upgrades, the CB4 is just the beginning of an entirely new machine. Morris Kessler has put insane amounts of money into CB4 and wait till you see what he has up his sleeve.. He sees that the road for CB4 is just starting and that with the huge user base of people that demand the best sound quality in the industry that he can continue to invest in CB4 and the customer base will stay on board.

There are lots of other new fantastic boxes on the market but none with an upgradable card based architecture which has stood the test of time like Casablanca.

More to follow soon !

Craig
Theatermax
Sounds like CES 2015 will be very interesting for the Theta Casablanca IV and perhaps other Theta goodies????

post #7447 of 7457 Old 12-13-2014, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Sounds like CES 2015 will be very interesting for the Theta Casablanca IV and perhaps other Theta goodies????
Very exciting to get new Casablanca V once it available
post #7448 of 7457 Old 12-17-2014, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just wanted to say thanks to Craig at Theatermax and John at Theta for turning my CB IV upgrade so fast. The FedEx guys will have had it almost as much as Theta. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

I'm real curious to hear what kind of kind of sound improvements it makes with and without Dirac. Without first of course.

Les
post #7449 of 7457 Old 12-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Casablanca iii with 6 shooter

AddingI have the Casablanca iii and I just connected the six shooter and the oppo bdp 105. I am planning on using this setup for hd audio playback until I get the upgrade to cb iv. I have everything working but I have a few questions:
-when using the six shooter with analog direct selected are the crossover, delay or level settings of the cb being bypassed?
-if no, then I need to setting the speaker configure of the oppo to large speakers, and leave the distance from all speakers to be the same?
-the volume level is quit a bit lower using the analog out of the oppo than the digital. Can I compensate for this using the trim in the oppo?
-anything else I should know when using this setup?

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by speters; 12-23-2014 at 12:49 PM.
post #7450 of 7457 Old 12-23-2014, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by speters View Post
AddingI have the Casablanca iii and I just connected the six shooter and the oppo bdp 105. I am planning on using this setup for hd audio playback until I get the upgrade to cb iv. I have everything working but I have a few questions:
-when using the six shooter with analog direct selected are the crossover, delay or level settings of the cb being bypassed?
-if no, then I need to setting the speaker configure of the oppo to large speakers, and leave the distance from all speakers to be the same?
-the volume level is quit a bit lower using the analog out of the oppo than the digital. Can I compensate for this using the trim in the oppo?

Thanks,
Steve
In your oppos menu I believe that it should be on fixed volume. This may be the reason your volume is low
post #7451 of 7457 Old 12-23-2014, 03:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Thanks,
Steve

When you are using the Six Shooter none of the CB's digital processing works - the Six Shooter is the ultimate stereo and multi-channel analog pass through.

You can also go into the CB's speaker level menu and increase the level the same for each speaker.

post #7452 of 7457 Old 12-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the response guys. Yes, the volume is set to fixed in the oppo. Could increasing the volume using the trim on the oppo create any sort of distortion as opposed to increasing the volume in the levels setup of the cb iii?

Thanks,
Steve
post #7453 of 7457 Old Yesterday, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member

You don't want to go to positive levels on the oppo according to Bob in the oppi thread.
post #7454 of 7457 Old Yesterday, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Thanks for the response guys. Yes, the volume is set to fixed in the oppo. Could increasing the volume using the trim on the oppo create any sort of distortion as opposed to increasing the volume in the levels setup of the cb iii?

Thanks,
Steve
from my understanding, if you have the oppo at fixed volume then it is at full volume. The Oppo volume control is really only a digital attenuator. So having it at variable volume and turn up to the max would be the same as fixed.
post #7455 of 7457 Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Not in the trim settings. Yes the main volume works that way. But according to the beta testers on the oppo forum you don't usually want the level trims going into the positive settings.
post #7456 of 7457 Old Today, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Christmas is here, and I need new gear!
I want a high rez audio play. I'm looking at the Sony HAP Z1 ES, or the Auralic Aries.
The Sony has no digital outs...only analog, but can play DSD files! And, I can control the volume on the Casa with the Sony via a IR blaster..so in the Sony app, I can play music, and control volume!
The Auralic is a little cheaper, with a digital out...and I can now hook an external USB drive to it, so it acts like a stand alone player. It too can play DSD files...but only via USB. No USB on the Casa, yet!
So....just asking for anyone's opinion?

I currently am using the Olive One...which I got at the end of summer....and I hate it. Nothing every works right, the sound is ok...but the app is so buggy....I have to get rid of it.
post #7457 of 7457 Old Today, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

I want the Marantz the cheaper of the two. I forget the model number. You already have great dacs just need the good player streamer. It does dsd and double dsd.
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)