The official "Theta" thread - Page 262 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 30Likes
post #7831 of 7855 Old 02-24-2015, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhale64L7 View Post
I want the more musical amp. Not the last word in precision. I don't want an in your face sound either. Trying to figure out which one of these two will give me that.

I have a pair of Prometheus running in a 2 channel music only system. I'm also musician who has played in bands that have headlined in NYC clubs. The Prometheus is plenty musical.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7832 of 7855 Old 02-24-2015, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Wow you could be my ticket. Do you by chance play the sax? If you do you can help me bunches. That is my favorite instrument. But it is also the instrument that will cause me to cringe on a harsh amp. How does the sax sound on the Prometheus? Is there any loss of control? Any grain?
post #7833 of 7855 Old 02-24-2015, 06:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxguy View Post
I have a pair of Prometheus running in a 2 channel music only system. I'm also musician who has played in bands that have headlined in NYC clubs. The Prometheus is plenty musical.
Now that is COOL!

Have you played at Smalls Jazz Club in New York City? I understand the acoustics there are really great and that they have some great jazz and vocalists - I have a few of their CDs (ripped of course)!

Saying the Prometheus monoblock is "plenty musical" is - an understatement.
Yesterday John Gannon was blown away, so much he's stopping by again tomorrow, then he and his gal leave on Thursday!@@

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
post #7834 of 7855 Old 02-25-2015, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

I sure hope saxguy comes back. Its not to often a person that may play an unamped unspeakered instrument is on here. It's always the I played in a rock band I played the guitar. Which to me doesn't help much. That is an instrument that is played through their own amplifier and out their speakers. I have never been to a rock concert that I have said thats the way I want my home system to sound like. Maybe dynamic range but actual sound quality not.
post #7835 of 7855 Old 02-25-2015, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I didn't see this information posted so I wanted to put it out there.

I must have fallen through the cracks with my CB3HD upgrade to CBIV. Today I read that there is a CBIVa and CBV announcement with new D3 Xtreme DACs. It sounded like the new D3 Xtreme DACs would only work in the CBV which made me question upgrading from CB3HD to CBIV.... so I called Theta for clarification on which boards would be carried over, and which wouldn't

I learned just now that the new D3 Xtreme DACs work in the CB3HD, and was told that I would be safe upgrading the CBIV, as the new Xtreme DACs WILL WORK in the CBIV, CBIVa, and CBV. Also the CBIVa basically adds USB as well as Dolby ATMOS/DTS-X; which there is no way my wife will allow me to redesign our space with triple the amount of Genelec speakers I currently have.

As of now there isn't an upgrade from existing Xtreme DACs to the new D3 ones. Hopefully there will be.

Also the Chassis is the same, only the motherboard changes from CBIV to CBV.

If any of this is old or redundant, I apologize. I just didn't see it when I searched for most of the day.

-- Jim

P.S. I suggested Theta to update their site to reflect the change for D3 Xtreme DACs so they can be used in current Blancas, and no not require an upgrade to CBV.
post #7836 of 7855 Old 02-25-2015, 09:08 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 38
The Prometheus and Almighty Multi Channel Version As well !

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxguy View Post
Guys,

Saxguy is a friend of mine in NJ and he has the Prometheus setup with Joseph Audio Perspectives and Mr Sax guy otherwise know to me as George not only played in bands but has an amazing ear. George has owned more gear than most people could ever imagine and he is completely blown away with Prometheus as I am as well. If anyone local in NJ area wants to hear possibly the best 2 channel sound you'll ever hear, let us know and we can arrange a demo. Georges has been chasing audio ecstasy for years and this is the first time he's not looking to change anything. We both feel that he has somewhat reached the most accurate sound possible. We are going to be auditioning some Kef Reference in the room as well shortly but knowing what the Prometheus are capable of we expect it to be awesome..

When Stereophile puts Amps on their Front Cover , its usually for a reason.. The Prometheus and of Course the New Dreadnaught 4 are both worthy of the front cover and maybe the back cover as well as Theta has set a new Standard for Amplification and when you hear these amps you'll agree !!

Craig

Craig Shumer
Theatermax.com
20 years of high end audio/video
Theta Digitals World Supreme Dealer
732-616-1010
post #7837 of 7855 Old 02-25-2015, 09:13 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Quote:
Just a serious question. I am seriously considering this Dreadnaught 4 and the ATI signature. Do you folks really think the Dreadnaught can sound almost as good as the Prometheus? It seams to be a daunting task considering the price. And all them closely placed wires inside the chassis have me a bit concerned for crosstalk among channels.

Thanks
Ron Hale
Ron,

Two huge Transformers in the Dread 4 driving the same module type as Prometheus.. In Theory the Dread 4 when listening to 2 Channel mode should be very close... Very very close. The Transformers are massive in Dread 4 and architecture very close.. Also the DN4 can be factory Bridged to 500 Per channel.. This is insane and not sure anyone would need this but imagine a DN4 chassis with 2 500 watts bridged channels and 4 more 250X4 channels. Hows that for flexibility..

This is going to be a fun year for Theta.. We can't wait to get the DN4's in stock.. Hoping for the next 6-8 weeks.

Craig

Craig Shumer
Theatermax.com
732-616-1010
post #7838 of 7855 Old 02-25-2015, 09:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 106
No offense to Georgy Porgie but...

I hear wonders of Joseph audio speakers but...

Who makes the ( semi-tacky-to-me looking brass bullet white woofers) also the same maybe used by Paradigm and Cat?

Who?

As a pacifist these bullet looking NRA color schemes detract from the purchasing seduction factor to me.

Who makes those drivers, humbly asking?

Not trying to insult. Who makes the brass bullet woofer for Joseph Audio?
post #7839 of 7855 Old 02-25-2015, 09:23 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezaks View Post
Regarding the Prometheus vs. ATI:

WSR Reber:
But isn’t your company, Theta Digital, introducing a switching amplifier?

(at the time of the article, this was referring to the Prometheus)

Kessler: Yes. The answer is yes. It is also the closest thing to a Class AB amplifier that we were able to find. It's actually what's called a free-running switching amplifier. It doesn't have a modulator. It still does have a carrier frequency that has to be filtered out, and it has some value in that sense. It does still use a linear power supply, it's just a switching output stage, and it's analog all the way through, up to the output stage. And that's for Theta. Theta lives in that world. How should I say this politically? I still don’t think it’ll be the sound quality of the 6000, the ATI 6000, or the analog amplifiers that we do, but it’s close. Has close ever been good enough in the high-end audio world, by the way?

I'd love to try one of these ATI Signature amps to see how it compares with my Krell S-1500!

Dave

Guys

Morris is always going to love his ATI products but believe me he loves his Hypex Implementation. I can tell you after spending months with Prometheus, I have never ever heard anything like it and I am not sure there s anything that will compete with this Hypex Implementation now or in the near future..

What you have to keep in mind is Dave Reich ( Thetas Head Amp designer) has been working on this Hypex/Theta Solution for approx. 6 years and its taking him that long to get it perfected. The Linear Supply they are feeding the Hypex with is what makes it all work so well. The Digital power supply fed hype solutions just don't sound the same.. They are missing the bottom end and the sound stage isn't anywhere as nice.. Theta could have easily done a Switching power supply version and got it out years ago but Dave wasn't happy and until Reich is happy it doesn't ship..

The ATI's are nice and I respect that he has taken amp designs to this level but the Theta line is over the top.. At the end of the day its Morris's Babies either way you look at it but the Theta line for me is the answer to so much.. Heat is lower than ever.. Weight is reduced a bunch.. Sonics and dynamics are almost unspeakable.. Go listen to the Prometheus and you will know what I am talking about..

Oh What about Atkinson and what he just said ? I know its only Stereophile magazine but seriously he them for like 7 months and didn't want to give them back..

craig

Craig Shumer
Theatermax.com
732-616-1010
post #7840 of 7855 Old 02-25-2015, 09:32 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Some great news for Casablanca and new DACS and more!!

Guys

I want to clear some things up with the Dacs..

Okay as for right now here is the word -

New Xtreme X3 (may be called something else) which is built on the Gen 8 S3 tech.. This dac is 6 channels and will be able to be inserted in a CB3HD and CB4.. You can use 2 of them in a CB3HD or Cb4 and you will have 12 channel using just 2 cards... You can not insert more than two 6 channel cards in these machines before the architecture is designed for 12 channels..The benefit here is that you can achieve 12 channels in 2 cards and that will lower cost of entry big time.. The new dacs are progressing well and we should be shipping them hopefully in the next 90-120 days..

Wait till you see it.. Its Gorgeous and is a modular design unlike anything you've seen from Theta in the past.. I am not sure what the modularity will allow for the future but the Dac cards are on a removable locking carrier that is really nice..

For people who need more than 12 channels.. The Casablanca 5 will be just that.. That will have a new motherboard which will allow for 3 of the 6 Channel Dac cards to be inserted for 18 internal channels.. You can get to even more channels by using the external expansion where you can have more of the 6 channel X3 cards and keep going.. Not sure if 24 or 32 will be the max but it will be up there.

The CB4A is simply a CB4 with the PR5 processor allowing for Atmos and hopefully Auro and X as well in the future..

The CB3HD and CB4 are rock solid right now and with the new dacs make them fantastic machines with amazing upgradability as time progresses.

Hope this clarifies things a bit

Craig

Craig Shumer
Theatermax.com
732-616-1010
post #7841 of 7855 Old 02-25-2015, 09:50 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
No offense to Georgy Porgie but...

I hear wonders of Joseph audio speakers but...

Who makes the ( semi-tacky-to-me looking brass bullet white woofers) also the same maybe used by Paradigm and Cat?

Who?

As a pacifist these bullet looking NRA color schemes detract from the purchasing seduction factor to me.

Who makes those drivers, humbly asking?

Not trying to insult. Who makes the brass bullet woofer for Joseph Audio?
Cine

Joseph is using a highly modified magnesium SAES driver made exclusively for them and they are very expensive.. I can tell you at the end of the day for two channel music they are great.. Is there better Of course but they are nice.. The thread is Theta and I want to keep it that way so if you like I can meet you on the Joseph Thread and we can talk about their stuff although I know enough to be dangerous at best about them.. There are alot of great speaker companies as you know so don't knock em till you hear them.. You seem to be very HT oriented which I am as well but I do alot of 2 Channel for my customers and alot of HT also.. I enjoy great products and Joseph does have a nice sound.. I can tell you that KEF reference if you haven't heard is another insane speaker line as far as sonics and they reach more into HT as you probably know. They have an Atmos line already which is exciting for us and I can't wait to get some of their Reference line in for me to play with.. I really want a pair of Blade 2's but I just can't decide what color ..

Back to the Theta Thread - Sorry guys

Craig

Craig Shumer
Theatermax.com
732-616-1010
post #7842 of 7855 Old 02-25-2015, 09:53 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector54 View Post
I have a new CBIV and ATI 6007 sitting in boxes for months now waiting for my remodel to be completed. Getting pretty close (within 1-2 months) to completion.

Thanks to all on here who have provided great reading and education while I am waiting. Looking forward to having it all finished so I can report on the project.

Regards,
Vector
Congrats Vector

Open that stuff already and get it warmed up.. By the time you open it , You'll have to upgrade it

Well thats the best part , you can always upgrade unlike every other pre pro that came and went..

Keep us posted !!

Pics Pics please

Craig

Craig Shumer
Theatermax.com
732-616-1010
post #7843 of 7855 Old 02-25-2015, 09:57 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANRE View Post
When do you start to take orders of the 4a upgrade ? ($6995)

Can upgrade from 4 to 4a be done in field ? Price ?
Anre

The 4A we are not sure if it will require factory work or possibly field upgrade.. Too early yet..

Craig Shumer
Theatermax.com
732-616-1010
post #7844 of 7855 Old 02-25-2015, 10:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGI View Post
Guys,

When Stereophile puts Amps on their Front Cover , its usually for a reason.. The Prometheus and of Course the New Dreadnaught 4 are both worthy of the front cover and maybe the back cover as well as Theta has set a new Standard for Amplification and when you hear these amps you'll agree !!

Craig
i

Yea, John Gannon, ex Stereophile Guide to Home Theater Technical Editor, sure luved my music the other day, whatever resolution (redbook and up), whatever channels (two channels to 5.2), whatever I played, however loud I played it!!!
John was blown away particularly by the Prometheus monoblocks!!@@@

VGI, Colleen Cardas says hi! She and her partner, audio distributors, demod some products for our club tonight, including a $3500 stereo tube amp, $4,000 with DAC that does DSD and up to 192-24 PCM. Nice demo!!@@@ VGI knows Colleen well as for some years she managed her family business Cardas Cable - now her younger sister Angela gets to run the family business, while the other sister, Mary Cardas (Natl Sales Manager of Theta Digital some years ago), owns and luvs her spice shop I believe in Palm Desert/Springs, CA! The Cardas sister trio are quite amazing in the world of audio and business!
VGI has luved Cardas Cabling for many years and thus knows all of the Cardas' quite well!

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
post #7845 of 7855 Old 02-25-2015, 10:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 106
:)

Preaching to the Choir on Kef, After utter disillusionment with Bose 901's purportedly huge sound-stage (more like a giant blob of sound) flew into Kent to buy a pair of 105.4's even met Raymond Cooke back in 1979?, the 105.4's narrow window led's pointed the mid/highs to ur noggin and behold a much wider soundstage than the Bose 901 ever could manifested.

At 4th year college Big 8 accounting firms came to campus, I jotted my hobby in the curriculum vitae applications, Ernst and Young, Price Waterhouse, Pete Marwick and Arthur Andersen. Being a C student my chances of landing a Big eight accounting gig where slim to none...

Then the recruiting partner for AA&Co. met with me, we spoke 30 seconds of accounting and 10 minutes how my 105.4's with Carver SONIC HOLOGRAPHY were going to kill his Dalquists in wide image sound-staging, i got hired.

where is Joseph Audio Thread? they are supposed to be da'bomb!

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 02-25-2015 at 10:26 PM.
post #7846 of 7855 Old Yesterday, 01:28 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Congrats Vector

Open that stuff already and get it warmed up.. By the time you open it , You'll have to upgrade it

Well thats the best part , you can always upgrade unlike every other pre pro that came and went..

Keep us posted !!

Pics Pics please

Craig
Thanks Craig!

The Firehawk screen is installed, the projector is next. I have the server cabinet ready for the Theta and ATI.

Thanks for your help in pulling it together. I am sure when I start hooking up all the equipment I will be asking for everyone's help on every new item.

Regards,
Vector
post #7847 of 7855 Old Yesterday, 04:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for hyping me up again Craig. I also thank you for answering all my questions. I guess it's gonna be the Dreadnaught IV.
post #7848 of 7855 Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Guys

Morris is always going to love his ATI products but believe me he loves his Hypex Implementation. I can tell you after spending months with Prometheus, I have never ever heard anything like it and I am not sure there s anything that will compete with this Hypex Implementation now or in the near future...The ATI's are nice and I respect that he has taken amp designs to this level but the Theta line is over the top...

craig
I still think it will be interesting to here from folks who have listened to both ATI Signature and Prometheus in the same system. I agree with some comments about system synergy, so one amp might sound better in one system, and the other amp may sound better in another system. Still, it would be interesting...

I've been over to Steve's a few times to hear the Prometheus amps (and his JL Audio subs, and the Casablanca, and .....), and the amps do sound good. I wonder how different the ATI Signatures would sound in his system?

So far, only one person in that position (hearing both amps) has commented, and that person is Morris. Based upon what he said, he realized the gravity of his comment, especially considering that Theta is supposed to be the elite product. Yet, despite that, he still put it out there that the ATI Signature amps are better.

Dave

FOR SALE: Wireworld Platinum 6 1M HDMI Cable. Originally $1000, selling for $500 obo. Please PM me, if interested.
post #7849 of 7855 Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Alright it is hard enough for me to make a decision. Lol I have read that interview twice now. I think they will both sound good. I would actually say great. The prices are similar whats a few hundred dollars when you r spending this much? It is coming down to looks. To me the Ati doesn't look that bad in pics. Ymmv But to everyone that has reviewed them they obviously don't look as good as I think. The Dreadnaught IV looks awesome to me anyway I slice it. And the Theta has the angel wings which my wife collects. So it is obvious to me which one will win the Waf.

Last edited by rhale64L7; Yesterday at 11:24 AM.
post #7850 of 7855 Old Today, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
i
VGI, Colleen Cardas says hi! She and her partner, audio distributors, demod some products for our club tonight, including a $3500 stereo tube amp, $4,000 with DAC that does DSD and up to 192-24 PCM. Nice demo!!@@@
OK so we know the amp costs $3500, $4000 if you include a DAC.

Now was it any good? How about build quality? How about audio reproduction quality? Do they post traceable lab measurements as well?

Costs tells us nothing other than, well the cost they think it's worth on the market.

Glimmie's HT Page
Being redone - comming soon!

post #7851 of 7855 Old Today, 12:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glimmie View Post
OK so we know the amp costs $3500, $4000 if you include a DAC.

Now was it any good? How about build quality? How about audio reproduction quality? Do they post traceable lab measurements as well?

Costs tells us nothing other than, well the cost they think it's worth on the market.
Hard to compare something when one doesn't have it in their own system and its a hotel room demo, isn't it!
The system demod (included speakers, cd player) was nice, but how good it sounded also depended on where one
sat or stood, pretty typical. For tube luvers, at a 4K price point, for DAC with tube preamp/stereo amp, it certainly is an interesting product at a price point some tube luvers will like!

http://colleencardasimports.com/news/

"News

February 10, 2015: More than two years ago, CCI visited Arizona Audio-Video Club at the invitation of our Los Angeles and Phoenix dealer for Opera and Unison, Bill Coomes of The Sweet Spot. Bill is officially the first US dealer for the Axis VoiceBox S loudspeaker, so Colleen and I are returning to demonstrate his new line of Australian loudspeakers for the AZAV members. We are planning to feature the Axis VoiceBox, of course, as well as a Unison Research Triode 25 integrated amplifier/DAC and a Unison Research Unico CDE CD player. All cabling and power management will be provided by Furutech. We also plan on bringing our prototype of the Unison Research SH headphone amplifier along with the Furutech H128 headphones. The monthly meeting of the Arizona Audio-Video Club will be held at the Marriott Airport Hotel on Wednesday, February 25th at 7pm. The address of the hotel is 1101 N. 44th Street, Phoenix."

Glimmie, please understand I happened to mention this not to give a glowing review, but simply as my theta dealer, VGI, quite alive in this thread, knows Colleen Cardas very well from her years managing Cardas Cable. They talked, we listened, they had some literature.

My home theater at:
post #7852 of 7855 Old Today, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Hard to compare something when one doesn't have it in their own system and its a hotel room demo, isn't it!
The system demod (included speakers, cd player) was nice, but how good it sounded also depended on where one
sat or stood, pretty typical. For tube luvers, at a 4K price point, for DAC with tube preamp/stereo amp, it certainly is an interesting product at a price point some tube luvers will like!

http://colleencardasimports.com/news/

"News

February 10, 2015: More than two years ago, CCI visited Arizona Audio-Video Club at the invitation of our Los Angeles and Phoenix dealer for Opera and Unison, Bill Coomes of The Sweet Spot. Bill is officially the first US dealer for the Axis VoiceBox S loudspeaker, so Colleen and I are returning to demonstrate his new line of Australian loudspeakers for the AZAV members. We are planning to feature the Axis VoiceBox, of course, as well as a Unison Research Triode 25 integrated amplifier/DAC and a Unison Research Unico CDE CD player. All cabling and power management will be provided by Furutech. We also plan on bringing our prototype of the Unison Research SH headphone amplifier along with the Furutech H128 headphones. The monthly meeting of the Arizona Audio-Video Club will be held at the Marriott Airport Hotel on Wednesday, February 25th at 7pm. The address of the hotel is 1101 N. 44th Street, Phoenix."

Glimmie, please understand I happened to mention this not to give a glowing review, but simply as my theta dealer, VGI, quite alive in this thread, knows Colleen Cardas very well from her years managing Cardas Cable. They talked, we listened, they had some literature.
Sorry, just being a bit of a troll this morning and couldn't resist!

Glimmie's HT Page
Being redone - comming soon!

post #7853 of 7855 Unread Today, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Alright it is hard enough for me to make a decision. Lol I have read that interview twice now. I think they will both sound good. I would actually say great. The prices are similar whats a few hundred dollars when you r spending this much? It is coming down to looks. To me the Ati doesn't look that bad in pics. Ymmv But to everyone that has reviewed them they obviously don't look as good as I think. The Dreadnaught IV looks awesome to me anyway I slice it. And the Theta has the angel wings which my wife collects. So it is obvious to me which one will win the Waf.
I agree, if it's based upon WAF, I would choose the Dreadnaught IV. Since my amp is in a cabinet and not seen, I would choose the better sounding amp and not have to worry about looks. Either way, I would not pick the new Krell Chorus amps, even though I own a Krell amp (S-1200 7 channel). I really dislike fan noise, and those fans look intimidating. Plus with all the dust here in Phoenix, I'd rather not have big fans pulling dust into the amp all day and night.

Dave

FOR SALE: Wireworld Platinum 6 1M HDMI Cable. Originally $1000, selling for $500 obo. Please PM me, if interested.
post #7854 of 7855 Unread Today, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

There is no fan noise at all with the Chorus amp. But your climate down there would blow dust in the amp.

I really don't have to worry much about waf either to tell the truth. My equipment is in a rack at the back of the room. The only thing waf is the extreme amount of money I put into this hobby. I could say the wings represent you. The angel that puts up with me.
Because she really is an angel when it comes to this hobby. She helped me build my speakers. They cost me 1000 dollars each ×7 just for the materials. She was right there by my side the whole way. She even bought my midrange drivers for my birthday.

And she is good looking too. I don't know what I did to deserve her. But I am happy as heck she is my wife.
post #7855 of 7855 Unread Today, 06:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim HTPC View Post
Also the CBIVa basically adds USB as well as Dolby ATMOS/DTS-X; which there is no way my wife will allow me to redesign our space with triple the amount of Genelec speakers I currently have.
Jim thanks for the info. Regarding Atmos and DTS:X, if WAF is a huge problem, you don't have to go all out and add a bunch of speakers, IMHO just adding two to the top, 5.1.2 or 7.1.2, is already a great, beneficial step. Adding 4 will be even sweeter and you'll be set for a good; definitely could make a promise to the wife there will be no more for a long time to come :-).

My system will be at most 7.1.4: this to me is great spacing for the top sound sphere and for smallish, non theater size room. Oh wait, 7.1.4=12=2 x 6 channel cards. Clever these Theta people .

Very exciting time. I was lukewarm for CB IV, but CB IVa is to me a no-brainer move. A must, because it nearly warrants we are good for at least another 5-10 years.

Regards, Can
Theta: Stunning 3D soundstage, sublime details, unlimited dynamics and low end response - the processor for music lovers. My system & CBIII HD review & setup help - Post # 3913 and Diagrams & Surround Speaker Rec. Here
Give vinyl and tube gears a try - the sound from heaven :-).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page