The official "Theta" thread - Page 270 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 50Likes
post #8071 of 8097 Old 03-22-2015, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
OK folks. Here is the question of the day? Why does Anre continue to not call his local Theta dealer, or Theta Tech John Baloff, to answer his setup questions? All he has to do is call, and sometimes they ask for the unit's serial # to check its history. Pretty easy, isn't it? I have suggested this multiple times in recent days in this thread.
Maybe it's difficult to call from Norway and not many dealers there.

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8072 of 8097 Old 03-22-2015, 04:55 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogger View Post
Well thanks. It's been partly by choice. I had to decide if I truly wanted to be debt free with the exception of a home loan. Thanks for the legal advice that helped me sell my home in New Orleans.
Kev

OMG thats a gorgeous home and the lot is amazing.. Best of luck on the move and we can't wait to see what you do in Audio

CRaig
Bulldogger likes this.

Craig Shumer
Theatermax.com
20 years of high end audio/video
Theta Digitals Supreme Dealer
732-616-1010
post #8073 of 8097 Old 03-22-2015, 05:07 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

SUBS -

ANRE works with me usually and there is just a little disconnect here on the Sub management overall. He usually calls me but he knows he can call John as well but honestly Theta prefers customers call their Dealers for support. John is inundated with calls and needs to keep working on Theta's new stuff so we all can benefit from his work/testing and what he does so well...

As far as CB4 is concerned YES you can have many subs and you can control and filter them through the Dirac Filter you can create and download to the CB4.. You can shape the sub outputs and all outputs actually to give you the clear concise detail that Dirac delivers. Currently you can have 1 Dirac Filter that you can download to CB4 but you can assign that filter to different inputs as needed.. In other words input 1 could be Blue Ray from HDMI 1 with Dirac on.. Input 2 could be Blue Ray from HDMI 1 with Dirac off.. Input 3 can be 2 Channel CD from HDMI 2 with Dirac on and Input 4 could be 2 Channel CD HDMI 2 with Dirac off..

Its possibly in the future that they may be able to have more than 1 filter that can be active and available in CB4.. Most people are very happy with one filter because after they hear the Filtered Dirac Sound compared to the non Dirac sound they never go back.. Dirac works my friends..

Hope this helps.

Thx
Craig

Craig Shumer
Theatermax.com
732-616-1010
post #8074 of 8097 Old 03-22-2015, 05:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Maybe it's difficult to call from Norway and not many dealers there.
Easy to email John Baloff at Theta from anywhere in the world with internet.

Armand posts in this thread, and already posted he is the Theta distributor in Anre's territory (Norway).

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
post #8075 of 8097 Old 03-22-2015, 05:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Well thanks. It's been partly by choice. I had to decide if I truly wanted to be debt free with the exception of a home loan. Thanks for the legal advice that helped me sell my home in New Orleans.
Glad to help a good friend!!!

And a smart one. Your family comes first, then your audio and theater hobby! Getting debt free is smart.

And I appreciate all your audio advise - you have a habit of spurring me onto "greater" things audio, like media server, etc., etc.

Your house and lot look terrific!

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
post #8076 of 8097 Old 03-22-2015, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
... I don't really want to give up my Mcintosh amps but my wife and fraternity brother, recently divorced, have convinced me to buy his home. We reached a deal yesterday. After, this, my budget is wiped out and I'll be forced to use one of the bedrooms for audio, until I can finish the bonus room. The Prometheus takes up much less space than my big Macs. It's a beautiful home, worth the compromise and better than anything I thought I would ever own. Still a bit depressed that all my acoustical treatments are going to be boxed for some time.

BD, beautiful home with great "curb appeal"! Love the front of the house. Congrats.
Bulldogger likes this.

Regards, Can
Theta: Stunning 3D soundstage, sublime details, unlimited dynamics and low end response - the processor for music lovers. My system & CBIII HD review & setup help - Post # 3913 and Diagrams & Surround Speaker Rec. Here
Give vinyl and tube gears a try - the sound from heaven :-).
post #8077 of 8097 Old 03-23-2015, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Easy to email John Baloff at Theta from anywhere in the world with internet.

Armand posts in this thread, and already posted he is the Theta distributor in Anre's territory (Norway).
Yes, that is true. I am in touch with Anre on email/phone on some other products, I just learned to know him btw, and when I saw that he had posted questions about Casablanca here I answered his questions on email. I have encouraged him, as we do with all our customers, to contact us directly when they have questions.

We are also distributor for Sweden and are currently working with setting up a local dealer there, and will similar want all Swedish customers to first of all relate to their local dealer when established.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGI View Post
SUBS -

ANRE works with me usually
@VGI ,
You should not operate in our market and I have brought this to Theta´s attention.

Last edited by Armand07; 03-23-2015 at 12:33 PM.
post #8078 of 8097 Old 03-23-2015, 03:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand07 View Post
Yes, that is true. I am in touch with Anre on email/phone on some other products, I just learned to know him btw, and when I saw that he had posted questions about Casablanca here I answered his questions on email. I have encouraged him, as we do with all our customers, to contact us directly when they have questions.

We are also distributor for Sweden and are currently working with setting up a local dealer there, and will similar want all Swedish customers to first of all relate to their local dealer when established.

@VGI ,
You should not operate in our market and I have brought this to Theta´s attention.
Besides, VGI has been a Theta dealer forever and forever. Anre could have been his customer a long time ago, before your company even had a relationship with Theta. Or VGI could simply have been assisting Anre and may not even have sold him Theta gear. One should not assume who is doing what or put this out in public without having first checked and have facts straight. Its not like you haven't offered on the forum Theta luvers advise even though we here in the US are WAY OUT of your operating territory. If you had a dealer relationship with Anre re Theta then why has Anre continued to post here. How many times have I stated here that Anre should get with his Theta dealer and also John Baloff, Theta Tech, on his concerns. In fact, I specifically mentioned that you are the distributor in his home area.

This sort of stuff should be off the forum, unless we want this thread to be closed due to dealer squabbling. If you have concerns about another dealer squatting in your territory why don't you pick up the phone or email or AVS Pm that dealer and work it out like gentleman?

Both you (Armando and VGI) are nice assets to this Theta thread. Lets keep it that way - "nice"!

My home theater at:

Last edited by Steve Bruzonsky; 03-23-2015 at 03:13 PM.
post #8079 of 8097 Old 03-23-2015, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Steve,

Thank you. For your information, there hasn´t been any legitimate reason for a US dealer to operate in our market (and there has been more to it than you obviously know) since there has been continuous distribution in our market for years, also before we came along a few years ago.

There are still customers in our market that do not share a history with us because they bought their products from the previous distributor, or maybe on the used market. And remember, not everyone is upgrading as frequent as you

ps. When I read suggestions in this thread that consumers should contact John B in Theta directly I am thinking I have a responsibility to say you should all definately try to go through your dealer first. Do you really know how much work John B already has??

Last edited by Armand07; 03-23-2015 at 04:25 PM.
post #8080 of 8097 Old 03-23-2015, 06:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

ps. When I read suggestions in this thread that consumers should contact John B in Theta directly I am thinking I have a responsibility to say you should all definately try to go through your dealer first. Do you really know how much work John B already has??
Absoutely. Several times in this thread I stated that Anre should get assistance from his local Theta dealer, and also that John Baloff, Theta Tech, would be glad to assist. Its obvious that you are a top notch Theta dealer and know your Theta gear. Good things come from Norway.
Like - 2L music!!@@@

My home theater at:
post #8081 of 8097 Old 03-23-2015, 09:15 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Quote:
Steve,

Thank you. For your information, there hasn´t been any legitimate reason for a US dealer to operate in our market (and there has been more to it than you obviously know) since there has been continuous distribution in our market for years, also before we came along a few years ago.

There are still customers in our market that do not share a history with us because they bought their products from the previous distributor, or maybe on the used market. And remember, not everyone is upgrading as frequent as you

Armand ,

We have no interest in stepping on your feet or your market.. We have more than enough business here in the USA and countries we service without Theta Distributors. Just so I know how long have you been a Theta Dealer and Im asking so i understand your relationship with Andreas..

Andreas has been a good friend and customer for many years of ours.. Actually over 7 years as I just looked at my emails.. We have been helping him recently on AVS with Sub woofer questions for his CB4 potential upgrade. I am fine if he wants to use you for upgrades thats great.. Just ask him and if he wants to do that than great.. As he has done his past upgrades with us for so many years I am not sure what he wants to do but its only fair to let him decide. I was here when there were no other Distributors and actually no other dealers as well. I was the guy keeping the brand alive and nursing it back to health for many years and believe me I want to see it grow as its been growing the past 5 years..

Armand, Please have this discussion with Andreas and let him decide. I think thats best for the customer.

No bad intentions my friend and when I come to Norway we can have drinks together on me

Thx
Craig

Craig Shumer
Theatermax.com
732-616-1010
post #8082 of 8097 Old 03-23-2015, 09:24 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Quote:
Absoutely. Several times in this thread I stated that Anre should get assistance from his local Theta dealer, and also that John Baloff, Theta Tech, would be glad to assist. Its obvious that you are a top notch Theta dealer and know your Theta gear. Good things come from Norway.
Like - 2L music!!@@@
Whoa Whoa

Steve, you and I know the Success of this thread is to Help the Theta Community.. Regardless where the person is, we will answer their questions and try and get them fixed up and running.. Thats the concept of AVS and I don't have to tell you this.. You've got 18 million posts helping people for so many years.

I don't know why Armand is angry that we are trying to help him on the setup questions. If the relationship with Armand and Andreas is good than i would think Armand would be helping him.. Bottom line is this Thread is open to whoever wants to ask questions about Theta products and we will try and deliver solid answers.

Armand , Andreas's questions about upgrading his CB3HD to Cb4 are simply to clarify what can and can not be done with bass management. We are helping him.. If you've done his upgrades in the past and he is using you for the upgrades than so be it but he can choose where he shops last time I checked. Its a big world my friend but keep it fair for your customers and they will like you more.

Craig

Craig Shumer
Theatermax.com
732-616-1010
post #8083 of 8097 Old 03-24-2015, 02:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Whoa Whoa

Steve, you and I know the Success of this thread is to Help the Theta Community.. Regardless where the person is, we will answer their questions and try and get them fixed up and running.. Thats the concept of AVS and I don't have to tell you this.. You've got 18 million posts helping people for so many years.

I don't know why Armand is angry that we are trying to help him on the setup questions. If the relationship with Armand and Andreas is good than i would think Armand would be helping him.. Bottom line is this Thread is open to whoever wants to ask questions about Theta products and we will try and deliver solid answers.

Armand , Andreas's questions about upgrading his CB3HD to Cb4 are simply to clarify what can and can not be done with bass management. We are helping him.. If you've done his upgrades in the past and he is using you for the upgrades than so be it but he can choose where he shops last time I checked. Its a big world my friend but keep it fair for your customers and they will like you more.

Craig
I think you have misunderstood. For customers to ask questions here is of course fine, although as a dealer I prefer that local customers contact us first as we do want to help the customer in the best way possible. IMHO I believe we are able to provide a level of service that go far beyond this forum. But that also has practical reasons. We can be on the phone let us say 30 minutes with the customer, actually be in their home and help out with setup etc when necessary. But I understand that the situation world wide maybe is different.

I am of course not angry about you or others in this thread trying to help anybody by answering questions. That is taking what I said completely out of the context. As you say I have been writing here in the forum myself.

What I meant when I said I would recommend customers to first consult their dealer (or here on the forum) before asking Theta directly was just meant positive on behalf of John B in Theta who already has a huge workload. I guess we all want Theta to be completed as soon as possible with the IVa

Also in my world if you buy a car and it needs maintenance you contact your dealer first, not the manufacturer directly. Usually it is the dealer that contacts the manufacturer. I think John would be relieved if he could only answer questions from dealers or distributors and let they handle the end users.

I guess you agree with this, but again this suggestion has nothing to do with users posting here on this forum. I only suggested to reduce phone calls to John! How you can interpret that I am angry when I suggested this I don´t understand... I think you mixed this with the other topic about US dealers interfering commercially in foreign markets. I will not comment further on that in this thread.
post #8084 of 8097 Old 03-24-2015, 08:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand07 View Post

@vgi ,
you should not operate in our market and i have brought this to theta´s attention.

Quote:
I guess you agree with this, but again this suggestion has nothing to do with users posting here on this forum. I only suggested to reduce phone calls to John! How you can interpret that I am angry when I suggested this I don´t understand... I think you mixed this with the other topic about US dealers interfering commercially in foreign markets. I will not comment further on that in this thread.
Armando, I interpreted that you were "angry" as well. So enough is enough. Lets get back to what we enjoy - Theta products.

My home theater at:
post #8085 of 8097 Old 03-24-2015, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Armand

Please confirm that the following DAC configuration is possible:
Slot1: Front Left, Right, Surround Left, Right
Slot2: Center, Sub 1, Sub 2, Sub 3

We will all be glad to understand that I was wrong
post #8086 of 8097 Old 03-24-2015, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
but my wife and fraternity brother, recently divorced, have convinced me to buy his home.
Lovely - whereabouts? I keep scanning US property. It is absolutely amazing what you can buy there versus London. I was looking at a place in Charlottesville earlier today (my wife's best friend lives there) - 21 acres, 5 bedrooms, 6k sqft of finished space, saltwater pool... all for less than the price of a two bedroom London apartment. But would I go bonkers there?

Demand greater honesty and transparency in high-end audio

With Theta, Egglestonworks and Krell since 1998!
post #8087 of 8097 Old 03-24-2015, 11:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekale View Post
Lovely - whereabouts? I keep scanning US property. It is absolutely amazing what you can buy there versus London. I was looking at a place in Charlottesville earlier today (my wife's best friend lives there) - 21 acres, 5 bedrooms, 6k sqft of finished space, saltwater pool... all for less than the price of a two bedroom London apartment. But would I go bonkers there?

Since you have already gone "bonkers" the question is whether you would go more "bonkers".

In 1980 I was in Charlottesville for a week for USAF JAG Contracts school. Nice area.

My home theater at:
post #8088 of 8097 Old 03-24-2015, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Ha ha, I might have expected that comment from you Steve... More bonkers indeed.

post #8089 of 8097 Old 03-24-2015, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANRE View Post
Armand

Please confirm that the following DAC configuration is possible:
Slot1: Front Left, Right, Surround Left, Right
Slot2: Center, Sub 1, Sub 2, Sub 3

We will all be glad to understand that I was wrong
Anre,

yes, that is possible.

/Armand
post #8090 of 8097 Old 03-24-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
One should not assume who is doing what or put this out in public without having first checked and have facts straight. Its not like you haven't offered on the forum Theta luvers advise even though we here in the US are WAY OUT of your operating territory.
I think it only fair to state these facts:
1: I own two Theta Products that has been bought from the Norwegian dealer. (Not Armand, as I think he only became dealer in 2012).
2: I work abroad for long periods, and have the possibility to purchase products locally or even where no Theta dealer is present.
3: Armand do not know any facts apart from what I may own, or have posted here in this tread.
4: I have owned a Casablanca before Armand even purchased his.
5: I have request Prometheus from Armand. (And was hoping he was happy with that).

Further I think this tread is in many cases a very good place to seek advice, and should be kept that way. Also I think most people here are open about who they are (like if they are a dealer), so people reading this tread understand if a statement comes from a private person or people more in the business or a magazine etc.

Personally I also hope that Theta when reading this tread, try to develop their products as some users here request. Like me, do not miss a chance to say how much I like a streamer / USB implementation to the CB
And of cause at sometime something will happen. And as always, it will be done right !
post #8091 of 8097 Old 03-24-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Anre,

yes, that is possible.

/Armand
Then I apologize for misleading people reading this thread.
post #8092 of 8097 Old 03-24-2015, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANRE View Post
Then I apologize for misleading people reading this thread.
No problem, Anre. That is what this thread is for, a Theta community helping each other.

Btw, I am not always reading this forum, so for best possible response time you have my contact details.
post #8093 of 8097 Old 03-24-2015, 01:47 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming

Craig Shumer
Theatermax.com
732-616-1010
post #8094 of 8097 Old 03-24-2015, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekale View Post
Men in some places, live in such close quarters, like rats. Yet we charge high premiums for these places?? There is quite a bit of research about such environments and the effects of over-stimulation. The results can be crass and angry people. Where I live now is in my profile, clearly as it was before when you disparaged the last city in which I lived . I've stated my salary here before. The house is lovely indeed and actually more expensive than what it would cost to build in New Orleans, Houston Tx, or Dallas Texas to my surprise. It's a small gated community, acre lot,metro area about 175k. Often, here I have said that I am not wealthy. I make no apologies or bear no shame for that. My life is good and I am very happy. I think that we should however honest. Aren't you from New Zealand? The city of Houston has the population of the entire country. And there is enough water in that pool to drown someone in a 2 bed room in London regardless of how much they paid or it.

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.
post #8095 of 8097 Old 03-26-2015, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow now there's a way to respond to a compliment with an exceedingly nasty twist - who's angry?

I have no interest in your salary, your wealth nor, in general terms, how you live - only an interest in the manner in which you conduct yourself here.

I merely commented on and complimented you on what a lovely house you've bought and how lucky you are to have such places available to you in the US (including smaller communities like Charlottesville which seem much more appealing, to me at least, than London even with all its greenery versus, for example, New York).

I hadn't noticed the location in your profile but now do - I'm not familiar with the town/city but by the looks of your place perhaps it is a very nice place to live

I'm not sure what Houston has to do with Clinton, London or New Zealand but perhaps you will explain. Actually, don't bother. I've been to Houston often and I have no interest in ever living there. It can't hold a candle to NZ or London or, for example, Charlottesville. Quite why you raised Houston is beyond me but I'll leave that to you.

Good luck dealing with all that animosity. I'm sure a change into such a lovely location will help. Perhaps a trip to the seaside will also.

post #8096 of 8097 Old 03-26-2015, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
And now back to our regularly scheduled programming

Indeed. Sounds like there's more to come for the Casablanca ;-)

post #8097 of 8097 Unread Today, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 72
How about the Dreadnaught? I want my Dreadnaught D or whatever it is going to be named.

Now to be serious. Does anyone have any new information on the release date? I am getting sick of these loaner amps. Although I can honestly say it is great to have your best friend in this hobby also. If it weren't for him I would not even have any sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page