The official "Theta" thread - Page 271 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 50Likes
post #8101 of 8107 Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekale View Post
Wow now there's a way to respond to a compliment with an exceedingly nasty twist - who's angry?

Good luck dealing with all that animosity. I'm sure a change into such a lovely location will help. Perhaps a trip to the seaside will also.
Your last comments about Gretna, La, my previous city of residence, were removed I believe by the moderator. Enough said.

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8102 of 8107 Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhale64L7 View Post
How about the Dreadnaught? I want my Dreadnaught D or whatever it is going to be named. Figured I better add an LOL here.

Now to be serious. Does anyone have any new information on the release date? I am getting sick of these loaner amps. Although I can honestly say it is great to have your best friend in this hobby also. If it weren't for him I would not even have any sound.
Keep us updated. I will be interested to hear about your observations with the new amp as you will likely offer one of the first reports as to sound quality. From what amp are you upgrading? What loaner are you using?

I am wondering did anyone post that Theta Prometheus is not just recommended for class A in Stereophile but actually go that rating in the lasted recommended components?

Last edited by Bulldogger; Yesterday at 07:10 PM.
post #8103 of 8107 Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I owned the Krell Chorus 7200 last. I had to sell due to getting layed off. Now I am using a Denon poa 3 channel for the fronts. I had all Parasound Halo amps prior to the Krell Chorus. The new Dreadnaught is going to have to sound really good to beat out that Chorus.
post #8104 of 8107 Old Today, 01:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogger View Post
Your last comments about Gretna, La, my previous city of residence, were removed I believe by the moderator. Enough said.
You have poor recollection. The comments you refer to were in relation to how you conduct yourself here. A move hasn't changed that.

Demand greater honesty and transparency in high-end audio

With Theta, Egglestonworks and Krell since 1998!
post #8105 of 8107 Old Today, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekale View Post
You have poor recollection. The comments you refer to were in relation to how you conduct yourself here. A move hasn't changed that.
I remember EXACTLY what you wrote, that is was because I was from an urban high crime area... which I am not as if it even mattered. They were stereotypes and offensive which is why moderation deleted them. Any comments from you about where I live are not welcomed. Much of the time you are attacking Theta please stick to that and please move along. Let's get back on topic and show that we can do so without the aid of moderation.

If there is anywhere or anyone that will allow you to borrow a decent external dac, there are many, I would suggest you do so. It will give you a better context when you upgrade to Theta's new Xtreme or an external dac of Hypex design. I think you will find that what serves as a reference now will become much less so or will be no longer a reference. Prior to Oppo's 95 and 105 players, you really had to spend at least a couple of thousand to get good sound. Still, the Oppo is no Gen VIII.

There are some pieces of gear that knock you off the "upgrade merry-go-round." The Gen VIII is such a piece for me. Do I know or suppose it is the best dac? I have no idea and make no such supposition because I am for the first time completely satisfied with a piece of gear. I think about all of the electronics I have owned and not one do I enjoy nearly as much. Some of this is personal preference. I like lively dynamic music. My opinion is that you need a "strong" active preamp to get that type of sound, not just a great dac. Personal preference is really why there exist no single component that all will consider the best performer. For many, especially those that are not as concerned about "live music," level of dynamics, this may not be much of a consideration.

post #8106 of 8107 Unread Today, 07:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

I am wondering did anyone post that Theta Prometheus is not just recommended for class A in Stereophile but actually go that rating in the lasted recommended components?
The Stereophile recommended components list comes out in the April 2015 issue:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/1...nents%E2%80%9D

Currently, the latest issue is still the March 2015 issue, which has the Prometheus monoblock on the cover!

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
post #8107 of 8107 Unread Today, 07:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
I remember EXACTLY what you wrote, that is was because I was from an urban high crime area... which I am not as if it even mattered. They were stereotypes and offensive which is why moderation deleted them. Any comments from you about where I live are not welcomed. Much of the time you are attacking Theta please stick to that and please move along. Let's get back on topic and show that we can do so without the aid of moderation.

If there is anywhere or anyone that will allow you to borrow a decent external dac, there are many, I would suggest you do so. It will give you a better context when you upgrade to Theta's new Xtreme or an external dac of Hypex design. I think you will find that what serves as a reference now will become much less so or will be no longer a reference. Prior to Oppo's 95 and 105 players, you really had to spend at least a couple of thousand to get good sound. Still, the Oppo is no Gen VIII.

There are some pieces of gear that knock you off the "upgrade merry-go-round." The Gen VIII is such a piece for me. Do I know or suppose it is the best dac? I have no idea and make no such supposition because I am for the first time completely satisfied with a piece of gear. I think about all of the electronics I have owned and not one do I enjoy nearly as much. Some of this is personal preference. I like lively dynamic music. My opinion is that you need a "strong" active preamp to get that type of sound, not just a great dac. Personal preference is really why there exist no single component that all will consider the best performer. For many, especially those that are not as concerned about "live music," level of dynamics, this may not be much of a consideration.
Very gracefully put. too bad not everyone does this!

That's exactly how I feel about the Gen VIII, too! And now the Prometheus monoblock, too!!@@@

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page