The official "Theta" thread - Page 274 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 51Likes
post #8191 of 8194 Unread Today, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
If you can afford that, then you can afford to have a stack of Theta Gen VIII Series 3 DACs for your CBIV! And a mix of Prometheus and Dreadnaught D for your Dolby Atmos lotsa speakers setup!!@@@ I wanna see that picture!

You are definitely supercharged: A Sim2 C3X Super Lumis. A pair of Prometheus monoblocks supercharged with Tesla battery power for your Tesla. Now supercharge your CBIV SSP with stacks of Theta Gen VIII Series 3 DACs!!!.

You should know that in Norway a Tesla Model S is about half the price of a Jeep Grand Cherokee V8! I am not kidding...

And yes the Gen8 is good! But no stack of them, "only" two...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8192 of 8194 Unread Today, 04:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand07 View Post

And yes the Gen8 is good! But no stack of them, "only" two...
Two Gen VIIIs in the same system, with a CBIV?

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
post #8193 of 8194 Unread Today, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekale View Post
PS: any of you guys in the US run 220V to your audio gear? (I understand the street to house voltage in the US is circa 220V and that it only gets lowered to 110V at the junction box.)
Residential* power in the USA is basically from a center tapped transformer. It's 240v with a grounded center tap so you get 120v from the center to either end. Large appliances such as ranges, water heaters, HVAC condensers use 240v. Also some higher end home wood shops have 240v tool motors for efficiency.

Yes you can easily run 240v capable audio gear on a residential 240v circuit. And with a large linear power amp, it will be more efficient and actually perform a bit better due to less voltage drop. There is one minor flaw in that many audio devices only have a single pole power switch and fuse. This is technically not legal on a 240v device in the USA but it's not really a problem either. But it's still rare in high end audio because very few really need that much power.

* There are exceptions in newer large apartment buildings. Here they often divide up three phase 208/120 across the units so your "240v" is actually only 208v. Same issue if in a three phase commercial setting.

Glimmie's HT Page
Being redone - comming soon!

post #8194 of 8194 Unread Today, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand07 View Post
Hi guys,

got to show you a cool picture. Prometheus supercharged with Tesla battery power!
time to get the hose and sponge out

Demand greater honesty and transparency in high-end audio

With Theta, Egglestonworks and Krell since 1998!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page