AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post

Hi Jeff

Figured out Mode as well..Had few minutes free this afternoon to play with irule. Once I right clicked on Textual code 2 ( in the right feedbacks window) to add more textual codes , there was an option to add value . When I saw tha , everything made sense right away. Just keep adding values in the same Textual code 2 , and type in the text in "Target Value" and "Replace with" fields as described before for different mode names. I have tried 4 so far in 5 minutes and the modes change in same location on IPAD without fail. You can do the same for input , just add textual code 1 or 3 or 4 etc and drag that in a different spot on iPAD and then add values and fill in the fields. I guess same can be done for any textual feedback./
And you can obviously change the font , size of teh displayed texts when you click over that field in panels window. Just make sure cell width is enough to display all your text , otherwise it is truncated.

Now I am loving irule ...It will save so much of iPAD screen real estate in the home panel. I can have one image for stereo modes and one for mutichannel modes and I can toggle between 4-5 of my favorite modes for each, with only one image each, and see what mode is playing in the feedback feedback.
Have you set up OPPO RS232 feedback. Can you elaborate the steps if you have already done so.

IP for ADA Mach IV and Sim2 lumis HOST , RS232 for Oppo 93

Thanks Mani! I'm going to have some time this weekend to get things going.

**I have a Lumis HOST as well... Are you controlling it via IP from iRule are you?? I didn't think that was possible with the SIM2. I'm using serial control. I recall trying to go into the service menu to set up IP control from the ethernet port but couldn't do it and SIM2 support said it wasn't possible..

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #183 of 250 Old 09-17-2011, 05:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

IP control

So far I'm not getting any feedback to work from the ADA. I am finally getting it to work with the Oppo. Did you set any feedback settings on the ADA? Thanks!
post #184 of 250 Old 09-17-2011, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mani,

I can't get anything to show on my iphone:

Here's a couple screen shots (Volume and Mode - stereo).

Any suggestions??

See the buttons but all is blank on the bottom half of my iphone... (green light is there so I know I'm communicating and can control Volume. When I check the iPhone, under ADA, it says 'no feedbacks attached' - do you ENABLE feedbacks somewhere??

For mode, I added the one textual code and dragged it in and added 4 values under it (Stereo, PL IIx, etc). But nothing.

For volume, I cimply dragged in the numeric but don't see anything.
LL
LL

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #185 of 250 Old 09-17-2011, 06:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

**I have a Lumis HOST as well... Are you controlling it via IP from iRule are you?? I didn't think that was possible with the SIM2. I'm using serial control. I recall trying to go into the service menu to set up IP control from the ethernet port but couldn't do it and SIM2 support said it wasn't possible..

You never got this to work?

This is how I originally set up my network in the Lumis. Been working fine for a year and a half.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...e#post18295242

Besides that, I changed it from DHCP to a fixed IP address.
post #186 of 250 Old 09-17-2011, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Hi Jeff

In volume you need to have prefix : ALL
And suffix : dB ( try combinations of upper /lower case letters in dB if it doesn't work- I am going from memory right now)
I will be home late evening an reply more.
For textual code prefix and suffix need to be blank
Sim2 works fine with IP. Change to fixed IP and I changed one of the ports to 10001 and entered that in global cache network gateway settings as well. There are two port settings on sim2 . The first one I left at 80 . Then at the bottom there are two more port setti gs , I changed one of them to 10001.
post #187 of 250 Old 09-17-2011, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Thanks Mani. I did this but no go.. I'll keep at it!

See anything I am missing. I dragged 'numeric'.

Thanks for the spoon feeding!
LL

post #188 of 250 Old 09-17-2011, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks Mani. I did this but no go.. I'll keep at it!

See anything I am missing. I dragged 'numeric'.

Thanks for the spoon feeding!

You probably have not attached the feedback to a device in the properties panel.

Steve Goff
post #189 of 250 Old 09-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Good point. Make sure feedback is attached to device - ada
post #190 of 250 Old 09-17-2011, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Partial Success

Still no Volume. I changed it in properties to enable feedback for 'ADA'. I am using ALL the dB. Should there be a space somewhere??

I dragged over 'Textual' which included all the textual 1,2,3 subsets and I do see Feedback for my SOURCE. Added Surround modes under values but cannot see them.

This is really making me crazy... seems so easy!

I posted three screen shots.

the first is VOLUME,
the second shows the value under numeric,
the third is for textuals (Stereo). Trying to get surround modes.

Thanks for all the help guys!
LL
LL
LL

post #191 of 250 Old 09-17-2011, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Or do I need to fill out anything here in ADA feedback properties??
LL

post #192 of 250 Old 09-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member

Hi Jeff

For numeric volume settings:

prefix is : "ALL"
suffix is space and then DB ( both upper case): " DB"
of course no quotes ...

For textual codes:
leave description, suffix, prefix blank.
Make sure the target field exactly matches whats displyed on ADA display when you press the mode button., When you scroll while turning the mode button the characters on display are different than when you press the mode button to select particular mode. E.g: AGL enhanced become AGL ENH etc.

See if it works
Also I did enter "volume " in the description field for numeric volume code , although I dont think it should make a difference
post #193 of 250 Old 09-18-2011, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Hi Jeff

For numeric volume settings:

prefix is : "ALL"
suffix is space and then DB ( both upper case): " DB"
of course no quotes ...

For textual codes:
leave description, suffix, prefix blank.
Make sure the target field exactly matches whats displyed on ADA display when you press the mode button., When you scroll while turning the mode button the characters on display are different than when you press the mode button to select particular mode. E.g: AGL enhanced become AGL ENH etc.

See if it works
Also I did enter "volume " in the description field for numeric volume code , although I dont think it should make a difference

Mani,

You da man!! Got volume the " DB" was the answer. I haven't tried the other modes yet but hope to get them later!~ Thanks so much for your help on this.

I assume for the TEXTUAL codes, I'll use TEXTUAL CODE (2) as TEXTUAL CODE (1) has the sources already loaded.

So surround modes for TEXTUAL 2? Correct?

Thanks!!

**Oh, and has anyone have an OPPO BD player working?

post #194 of 250 Old 09-18-2011, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal87 View Post

You never got this to work?

This is how I originally set up my network in the Lumis. Been working fine for a year and a half.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...e#post18295242

Besides that, I changed it from DHCP to a fixed IP address.

Hey thanks! I must have forgotten about it. I'll try it.

Have you seen any advantages in SIM2 IP vs serial control??

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

post #195 of 250 Old 09-18-2011, 08:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Hey thanks! I must have forgotten about it. I'll try it.

Have you seen any advantages in SIM2 IP vs serial control??

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

The commands are exactly the same. The advantage of IP control is to be able to get rid of the RS232 gateways (i.e. Digi PortServer). I am down to 2 devices requiring the actual RS232 cables. My HOST unit is mounted near my projector where I did not have a RS232 cable pre-wired. I was able to get a network connection via a powerline connection or wireless bridge, so IP was easier for me.
post #196 of 250 Old 09-18-2011, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Thanks Cal.
I'm going to try it.

post #197 of 250 Old 09-18-2011, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mani,

GOT MODES WORKING!!

For some odd reason, they wouldn't work with TEXTUAL(2) but did with TEXTUAL(3)...

Now on the the OPPO! DId you figure those out!

Thanks so much for all the help! I'm in business!

post #198 of 250 Old 09-18-2011, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

ALSO<<br />
After I power down my system, if I open up iRule, I can still see the last feedbacks (e.g. mode and volume level). Is there a way to have these disappear after things are powered down??

Thanks!

post #199 of 250 Old 09-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Even when Ada is powered down from remote , it still maintains 2 way communication through it's RJ45 port . You can connect to Ada with hd suite from your laptop and when you click update all the settings are sent to your laptop although Ada is off . I think unless you do hard turn off from te power button in front of Ada , I doubt you can get rid of feedback . If the feedback stays even after that , then maybe itai can help.
post #200 of 250 Old 09-18-2011, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Even when Ada is powered down from remote , it still maintains 2 way communication through it's RJ45 port . You can connect to Ada with hd suite from your laptop and when you click update all the settings are sent to your laptop although Ada is off . I think unless you do hard turn off from te power button in front of Ada , I doubt you can get rid of feedback . If the feedback stays even after that , then maybe itai can help.
OK. I'll try that.

You know, I dragged over the TEXTUAL feedback on the Oppo (with 5 defined values - power, chapter, audio, etc) but I only see time elapsed (but want to see power status). Any idea of how to accomplish this?

Thanks Mani.

post #201 of 250 Old 09-18-2011, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
You know, I dragged over the TEXTUAL feedback on the Oppo (with 5 defined values - power, chapter, audio, etc) but I only see time elapsed (but want to see power status). Any idea of how to accomplish this?
I always drag the individual codes, I'm not sure what happens if you drag the top level textual item.

Also, last time I checked the BDP-83 feedback in the database some of the items were defined incorrectly. Check this post and see if you have the proper definitions.
post #202 of 250 Old 09-20-2011, 08:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

There is pre-canned Oppo feedback in the iRule database (browse for feedbacks). However, it won't work until you send the Oppo a command to use "verbose mode" for RS-232 responses. So (one time only) you need to send

#SVM 3\\x0d

to make sure the Oppo is sending everything that iRule needs.

Hi Jeff
I will try to get OPPO feedback this week., I was working this last weekend so didnt have much time to post here or work on anything new. Does any one knop how do you send the above command ? from where?

- And regarding dragging the individual values instead of top textual folder , I dont know how will it work if you have multiple values that need to be displayed in same location- like modes. Will you drag and drop each value in exact same location? It is easier to just drag the whole textual feedback command with multiple values under it in one location on iPAD and the values change in same screen as you change the modes.

Thanks
Mani
post #203 of 250 Old 09-20-2011, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Normally I would drag an individual "Code" item (e.g. Audio Type), under which a list of individual values (Dolby, DTS, etc.) might be defined. But Builder will also let you drag a top level textual item which can contain a list of codes, each with their own list of values.

It's this top level that I've never tried using, because it seems like it would have to display multiple unrelated feedback items in the same space.
post #204 of 250 Old 09-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Then we are doing the same thing . Ada feed back Jeff shares has different textual codes and each can have set of values . We have been dragging one textual field with related set of values in one field on iPad . We are not using top level folder
post #205 of 250 Old 09-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

There is pre-canned Oppo feedback in the iRule database (browse for feedbacks). However, it won't work until you send the Oppo a command to use "verbose mode" for RS-232 responses. So (one time only) you need to send

#SVM 3\\x0d

to make sure the Oppo is sending everything that iRule needs.

Any ideas how to achieve this ? How do we send this command?
post #206 of 250 Old 09-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Advanced Member

Looking at Oppo RS232 control document - it has three verbose modes- with mode 3 giving most detailed feedback with second by second elapsed time status . Any one know how to change to verbose mode and specifically ti mode 3????

Thanks
Mani
post #207 of 250 Old 09-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

Ok

Seems like I am talking to myself..... But I added the verbose 3 command in the macro cammands on watch Blu ray button. So whenever I click that button on i pad....ADA, Speakers, Oppo, projector turn on and after 3 second delay , the verbose command is sent. I hope this will work..
Mani

I tried this and I am getting second by second time elapsed feed back but no feedback for audio type, title etc,. Those windows are blank?
post #208 of 250 Old 09-20-2011, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

... I added the verbose 3 command in the macro cammands on watch Blu ray button. So whenever I click that button on i pad....ADA, Speakers, Oppo, projector turn on and after 3 second delay , the verbose command is sent. I hope this will work..

I use mode 3 (entered by sending the command #SVM 3\\x0d). I don't really see any use for the other modes, as mode 3 is needed to have the elapsed time constantly updated.

The verbose mode sticks and you don't have to re-send the command every time you turn on the player, although it won't do any harm if you do (and if you do that you won't have to remember to turn it back if you ever do a factory reset).

I think the only reason the SVM command exists is that the first version of the Oppo protocol was poorly designed and didn't return enough information in the feedback to figure out which command the feedback was for. So they decided to address this in a way that retained the old mode as default, with the option of enabling verbose mode.
post #209 of 250 Old 09-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ok

Seems like I am talking to myself..... But I added the verbose 3 command in the macro cammands on watch Blu ray button. So whenever I click that button on i pad....ADA, Speakers, Oppo, projector turn on and after 3 second delay , the verbose command is sent. I hope this will work..
Mani

I tried this and I am getting second by second time elapsed feed back but no feedback for audio type, title etc,. Those windows are blank?

see above please
post #210 of 250 Old 09-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Advanced Member

Ok I saw your previous post regarding adding space in the prefix.
Funny thing is that Title elapsed time is working fine without adding any space . Chapter/track elapsed time doesnt work with or without space. Power status is working and playback state is working.
Audio type doesnt work with or without space??? Any help....

Mani
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page