Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by yin View Post

Hi
has anyone here programmed a RTI xp-8?

Via iRule?? Yes. Requires creating a new remote in ID. As far as I know, you can only control via IR and not use serial commands with the serial cables connected to the XP-8.

I do not know how to have iRUle find the XP-8 on the network and control it completely. Not sure it can be done.

Mark Rubin here is the XP-8 expert. PErhaps he can chime in.

My Home Theater of the Month- Le Petit Trianon

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #243 of 253 Old 12-06-2011, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

Via iRule?? Yes. Requires creating a new remote in ID. As far as I know, you can only control via IR and not use serial commands with the serial cables connected to the XP-8.

I do not know how to have iRUle find the XP-8 on the network and control it completely. Not sure it can be done.

Mark Rubin here is the XP-8 expert. PErhaps he can chime in.

I think IR control of the XP-8 is the only option

I think iRule is a great program but the iPanel app from RTI is superb

my opinion only!

please take the high road in every post
if you see a problematic post, please do not quote it or respond to it: report it to the mods to handle
post #244 of 253 Old 12-08-2011, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have you guys seen the iPod Touch remote device from Savant or the iPanel from Crestron? Is it possible to make these hard button add on's work with iRule?

My First Home Theater

300 Blu-Rays, 150 DVD's loaded in my Movie Server!

Thanks AVS for making me addicted to this hobby!
post #245 of 253 Old 01-09-2012, 02:30 AM

Liked: 12
Mani or Jeff,

Can you please share your panel(s) in iRule that contain Feedback? I believe they were available for a time but they no longer seem to be there. As Jeff suggested earlier it would be quicker if others can see how it was done and reverse engineer it from there for their specific application.

Many thanks indeed

Blade
post #246 of 253 Old 10-18-2012, 05:14 PM

Has anyone managed to integrate iRule into a Landmark system using the existing systems IR cards serial controllers? Ir there a way to capture the commands that the landmark system using and send it with the iRule? I have quite a few devices etc. to control, so it would be a lot easier to use the existing IR, Serial etc controllers that are part of the original system. Thanks, for any help!

post #247 of 253 Old 10-23-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George7806 View Post

Has anyone managed to integrate iRule into a Landmark system using the existing systems IR cards serial controllers? Ir there a way to capture the commands that the landmark system using and send it with the iRule? I have quite a few devices etc. to control, so it would be a lot easier to use the existing IR, Serial etc controllers that are part of the original system. Thanks, for any help!

I haven't researched iRule much. However, if iRule has the capacity to create custom device modules, then in theory it should work fine. If iRule can do custom modules, and/or custom serial strings, then I would do the following:

- Create a custom device module in iRule, using distinct serial commands (i.e. button 1 = "btn001", button 2 = "btn002", feedback event = "fdbck001", etc...)
- Create a "GenCombo" device in Landmark. Do this by going to the "Inventory page" in Landmark. Under "equipment types", click the "ADD" button. A dialogue window will appear, then select "Combination", then click next. Give it a identifiable name, and toolbar location (so you can locate it to drag into your project). Click next. Click "Add RS-232", leave the name Serial 232 on popup, then click "Ok". Then click next. You can click "Next" on the bitmap page without assigning one. You'll see a status page "assigning serial rs-232 attributes", then click next. The next page is for your "Commands" (i.e. the strings you'll be sending to iRule). Select the desired baud rate & serial parameters. Enter any command names and associated serial strings here. Click next. The next page is the "Event" page. This is where Landmark looks for incoming serial strings from iRule. Enter event names and associated strings here. Click next, and then click "Finish". You've just created the link between Landmark and iRule.
- Now go to the tab in which you created your "Gencombo" device on the Landmark "Design" page. Drag and drop into the desired room/page. Hit "F5" to spec hardware. This will populate the new GenCombo device onto a RS-232 card in your cardframe view.
- On the "program" page, under the room in which your placed your GenCombo device. Select the device and you will see the "Event" strings for the device you just created. This is where you add the programming. Whenever Landmark Gencombo device sees "feedback event 1", then do XYZ.
- If you need to add more Gencombo commands or feedback events, you can go back to the inventory page, find the device, and click "Edit". Make sure you save your work. smile.gif This is a laborious process, but it should work just fine.

Thanks for the fun memory of creating Landmark Gencombo devices. Brings me back to my days at PHAST/AMX.

Good luck!

Michael
post #248 of 253 Old 10-30-2012, 01:35 AM

Liked: 11
Anyone here use irule with Kindle Fire HD? I'm thinking of switching to this.
post #249 of 253 Old 02-19-2013, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Digging up an old thread as I've been fiddling a fair bit with feedback from my Oppo.

Using all the advice above I've got feedback working pretty well but Audio Type seems to have some issues. Based on my testing it seems that some audio types aren't reported correctly. First problem was with SACD passing DSD direct to my processor. The audio type feedback display doesn't change from whatever it was previously. This makes me think that the Oppo either isn't returning any update or is returning a code that isn't in the manual. Playing MLP from DVD-A returns "Unknown" so that's not the problem. DTS encoded CDs do the same thing and most bizarrely so does plain old red book CD.

Is anyone able to test this and confirm ?

Also parsing the feedback using prefix "UAT " and suffix " *" returns just the two letter code for audio type which can be replaced with the full name. Using prefix "UAT * * * " gives the channels ie 2.0, 5.1 etc. So two iRule feedbacks can be used on the same Oppo response to show something like "Dolby True-HD 5.1".

Cheers,
post #250 of 253 Old 02-23-2013, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post

. This makes me think that the Oppo either isn't returning any update or is returning a code that isn't in the manual.
I had to use Docklight scripting to see exactly what codes were being returned with Irule.

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.
post #251 of 253 Old 10-02-2014, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Thumbs up Update

Just wanted to update a post that after originally posting this thread, I switched over my whole theater, and various TVs around the house to iRule after my theater renovation.

I had been using it for a couple TVs but nothing serious.

I put it on my iPhone 6 PLUS and the size seems ideal. My older, smaller iphone was so small, I just didn't like it or use it much. I also have the same program on an old iPad I keep in the theater. I put it also on my phone as it is convenient is it to power on the theater, set lighting, etc without going into the room to do so, like when guests are over or we are finishing up dinner. Very convenient package and so responsive. Also, feedback on most components.

My RTI XP8 control processor and remotes are about to be packaged up and sold. Way more costly, too!!

Here's a few screen shots from my iPhone and iPad (note the 'drawer' pull out on a couple screenshots). Also, SYSTEM POWER ON Macro.

I use one 8-input Port Server and one iTach.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7466.PNG
Views:	166
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	290929   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7467.PNG
Views:	163
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	290937   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7468.PNG
Views:	163
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	290945   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 9.04.02 AM.jpg
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	290953   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 10.29.39 AM.png
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	291033  

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009

Last edited by thebland; 10-02-2014 at 08:32 AM.
post #252 of 253 Old 10-02-2014, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 38
So Jeff ... you've finally caught up to the rest of us !!

Did Theta do your iRule programming ?!

Cheers,
post #253 of 253 Old 10-03-2014, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
So Jeff ... you've finally caught up to the rest of us !!

Did Theta do your iRule programming ?!

Cheers,
Ha!! Actually, i had Itai from iRule come over and do initial set up and a basic remote. Now that's service!!! *But he he's a buddy of mine. I've known him far before he started iRule).

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page