Finally, After Eleven Years ! - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 76 Old 08-01-2011, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Alan looks more like a young Danny Kaye !!
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 76 Old 08-02-2011, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Jeff. You do not need 104 ft lamberts for foot ball. However, HOCKEY is another story.

Yeah, all that green, green grass of home.
post #63 of 76 Old 08-02-2011, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Does it support consumer 3D standards?

Will 3D Bluray movies, PS3, or 3D PC games work over HDCP DVI?

post #64 of 76 Old 08-03-2011, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Alan,

Your room looks FANTASTIC!!!!!! I really hope to see it one day!

Cliffy
post #65 of 76 Old 08-03-2011, 04:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by overclkr View Post

Alan,

Your room looks FANTASTIC!!!!!! I really hope to see it one day!

Cliffy

Well, if you can't get to Rochester, at least you will be at my theater in less than 2 hours!!!@@@

"Doug Winsor" used to troll at some AV Forums as "Steve Bruzonsky"! My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
post #66 of 76 Old 08-03-2011, 08:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Steve. Assuming you ever had it, you are losing it. Just kidding, you have it. Alan moved from Rochester quite some time ago to North West Florida. The new theater is in is home in Florida.

Cliffy. Long time no see, HTFAY? Give us an update on your HT. Still using stacked CRTs? How many?

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
post #67 of 76 Old 08-03-2011, 09:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Steve. Assuming you ever had it, you are losing it.Just kidding, you have it. Alan moved from Rochester quite some time ago to North West Florida. The new theater is in is home in Florida.
I am really out of the loop!!!@@@

Mark, are you moving to Florida too. I heard a birdie sing that you were no longer interested in moving to my neck of the woods in Az?

Hey, Cliff is workin' during the week here in Phoenix so he came over for a bit. The double stack Sony G90 dude actually liked my Sim2 C3X 1080. Liked its black level (for a digital that is) and its brightness. I guess a few years ago Mark you did a great number for me re the projector, screen, price,
and all the drive you crazy figures like distance from screen, lumens and footlamberts calculations, etc!!!

"Doug Winsor" used to troll at some AV Forums as "Steve Bruzonsky"! My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
post #68 of 76 Old 08-03-2011, 09:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Hi Steve. The house we were looking at in Phoenix is still for sale, short sale. Another buyer walked after the inspection I think. My daughter and her husband moved from Mesa back here and my wife is no longer interested in moving to Phoenix.

We are looking ar Florida and Asheville, NC but my wife is still working and really is the instigator of the the move but really isn't ready to move, but we will sooner or later. Our house is way too big now and too expensive. Florida house prices are cheap but property taxes and hurricane insurance is very high, not to mention HOA fees in many places.

Asheville has low taxes and insurance but house prices are much higher. Anyway we really need to sell our house first and we need to get it ready to put in on the market. Probably next summer.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #69 of 76 Old 08-03-2011, 11:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Steve. Assuming you ever had it, you are losing it. Just kidding, you have it. Alan moved from Rochester quite some time ago to North West Florida. The new theater is in is home in Florida.

Cliffy. Long time no see, HTFAY? Give us an update on your HT. Still using stacked CRTs? How many?

Oh FO SHO BIG DOG! The Stack is freshly retubed and ready to go! AMAZING is the final word. Better than ever before! REC 709 BABY!!!!!!!

I even got blessed from the REVEREND OF RASTER KEN! Now that is one SERIOUS ACCOMPLISHMENT! Hope all is well with you bro

Oh and BTW, you really should make a detour north for a couple of hours before you come home so you can see the GOD OF FRONT PROJECTION before you head back east!

Cliffy
post #70 of 76 Old 08-03-2011, 11:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post

I am really out of the loop!!!@@@

Mark, are you moving to Florida too. I heard a birdie sing that you were no longer interested in moving to my neck of the woods in Az?

Hey, Cliff is workin' during the week here in Phoenix so he came over for a bit. The double stack Sony G90 dude actually liked my Sim2 C3X 1080. Liked its black level (for a digital that is) and its brightness. I guess a few years ago Mark you did a great number for me re the projector, screen, price,
and all the drive you crazy figures like distance from screen, lumens and footlamberts calculations, etc!!!

Steve,

Thanks so much for inviting me into your home to scope the setup! Dude you gotz mad mad mad likes like me when it comes to audio! VERY NICE! Oh, and that Sim you have, well, damn, WOW, VERY NICE!!!!!! Now I want to see the LUMIS!!!!!! I was actually SHOCKED how good the blacks were on your setup! Simply awesome!

(disclaimer, I have a stacked G90 setup fully color corrected and with that being said, I WAS IMPRESSED!)

(disclaimer 2, I hear that the RUNCO LED stack is nothing short of amazing SWEET as well!)

Nice setup Steve!

Cliffy
post #71 of 76 Old 08-03-2011, 11:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post

I'm considering it,yes.

Art

Art, I miss you, when do we get to hold hands again?
post #72 of 76 Old 08-04-2011, 02:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Cliffy. I would love to but I am flying and have non refundable tickets already.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #73 of 76 Old 08-04-2011, 09:54 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 54
Quote:
Hi Steve. The house we were looking at in Phoenix is still for sale, short sale. Another buyer walked after the inspection I think. My daughter and her husband moved from Mesa back here and my wife is no longer interested in moving to Phoenix.

We are looking ar Florida and Asheville, NC but my wife is still working and really is the instigator of the the move but really isn't ready to move, but we will sooner or later. Our house is way too big now and too expensive. Florida house prices are cheap but property taxes and hurricane insurance is very high, not to mention HOA fees in many places.

Asheville has low taxes and insurance but house prices are much higher. Anyway we really need to sell our house first and we need to get it ready to put in on the market. Probably next summer.
OT...
Hey Mark: have you considered Palm Springs? A tad expensive, but some good deals to be had. Yes, it's hot in the summer, but when we folks in DC were experiencing heat indexes of 120 last week, PS's heat index was 94 (even though the temp was 98). Love the location, and breathing the desert air clears up my sinuses within 5 hours of arrival.

J.Mike
Those who die with the most toys ... are still dead!
post #74 of 76 Old 08-04-2011, 10:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I love the mid century modern houses that populate that area But I doubt my wife will want to move their. Lookat the Elrod house that John Lautner designed. It was in a Bond movie.

Lots of famous houses their are available for nightly, weekly, monthly rental.

BTW Mike. HTFAY? You really should come over some eweekend and spnd some time in my HT. I would love to see your HT someday. We are about an hour apart at present. This won't always be the case.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #75 of 76 Old 08-04-2011, 01:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 54
Quote:

I love the mid century modern houses that populate that area But I doubt my wife will want to move their. Lookat the Elrod house that John Lautner designed. It was in a Bond movie.

Lots of famous houses their are available for nigtly, weekly, monthly rent.

BTW Mike. HTFAY? You really should come over some eweekend and spnd some time in my HT. I would love to see your HT someday. We are about an hour apart at present. This won't always be the case.

Thx for your kind invitation. I was actually thinking of you last night. I was watching Battle: LA (kinda sucked) and enjoying the quality of the projection on my perfectly calibrated RS25 (that I got from AVS). I thought: Mark should see this. I've come a long way, and its all due to AVS and support from smart guys like yourself. We will connect, and I look forward to it.

As for Palm Springs, I've fallen in love with the place. I too love the mid-century architecture. I've been interested in this home, a legendary 'rat pack' hangout designed by R. Denzil Lee:

J.Mike
Those who die with the most toys ... are still dead!
post #76 of 76 Old 08-07-2011, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by overclkr View Post

Art, I miss you, when do we get to hold hands again?

Whenever you want ,sweetheart.

Art

My HT

iRule rules my theater

"If she's amazing she won't be easy,if she's easy she won't be amazing"

Bob Marley

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page