Datasat RS20i BETA test and comparison with ADA Rhapsody/Trinnov TEQ-12!!!! - Page 48 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #1411 of 1422 Old 06-10-2014, 05:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
and what about 3D passthrough?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1422 Old 06-10-2014, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanJankovsky View Post

and what about 3D passthrough?

That I don't know. But the fact Datasat are not allowed to retail the ap20 to domestic environments anymore, the reason why they gave existing ap20 users a deal on the rs20i, probably means you'll struggle to get any kind of support for the ap20.
post #1413 of 1422 Old 06-10-2014, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Newer AP20 is hdmi 1.4a and 3D pass through
post #1414 of 1422 Old 06-10-2014, 09:52 AM

thank you very much for answers
post #1415 of 1422 Old 06-11-2014, 06:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1388 Post(s)
Liked: 760
Does the RS-20i allow for IP commands via ethernet port?

Is there a document for serial / IP commands?

It's back!! Wine of the Week! Clos Martinet Tinto, Priorat DOCa, Spain ~$60. If you've not had a good Priorat, you've not truly tried Spain's smallest, yet most unique terroir.
My Home Theater of the Month- Le Petit Trianon
post #1416 of 1422 Old 06-12-2014, 02:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
Does the RS-20i allow for IP commands via ethernet port?

Is there a document for serial / IP commands?
Yes it allows ip and rs232. I'll try and hunt out the codes.

I use the RS232 commands via a Celedon IR to RS232 converter. For $189 I've added the ability to control my unit with my logitech harmony ultimate. So nice to finally have a hard button remote control for the Datasat.
post #1417 of 1422 Old 06-21-2014, 09:42 AM

one more question about new AP20 with HDMI 1.4 - does it support 4K (UHD) passthrough for video?

Last edited by JanJankovsky; 06-21-2014 at 10:14 AM.
post #1418 of 1422 Old 08-01-2014, 03:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1388 Post(s)
Liked: 760
Does anyone a link to RS-232 / IP commands? I saw some in iRule, but they are incomplete.

Thanks!

It's back!! Wine of the Week! Clos Martinet Tinto, Priorat DOCa, Spain ~$60. If you've not had a good Priorat, you've not truly tried Spain's smallest, yet most unique terroir.
My Home Theater of the Month- Le Petit Trianon
post #1419 of 1422 Old 08-01-2014, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Do you have the manual? I have some in the original AP20 manual.
post #1420 of 1422 Old 03-31-2016, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Pizza, spaghetti... and TEQ12

Hi Dan, how are you doing?
My name is Michel Hardy and I am writing you from good old Europe, more exactely from Italy.
Im am living in a wonderful ancient villagge of the italian countryside between tuscany and the sea side and discovered just right now your great work with the TEQ12 in 2011. It'a already more than 4 years ago and it's still stunning reading it in all it's different parts and considerations. I've bought one of these DSD's right now for a very reasonable price here in Europe just because I've got affascinated about it after having read all your testings. It was still much money for me, but the way you had talked about it and the results you are describing on your system had been enthusistic for my ears .
I am upgrading right now for the first time my 5.1 system to a 7.1.4 and that's why I was reading much about all the improvements to do during the last weeks. In this way I found the enormous article about your Trinnov and Dirac efforts... and got stunned by it. At the same time I found a guy in northern Europe who offered a used TEQ12 for sale... and thats the beginning of a new love story. The only problem: I have no experience about all that calibration work and it's the first time I will try to do something like that.
So that's the point: first of all I will try to set it up by my own and get accoustomed to the TEQ. After that I would like to invest some extra money in that for having it calibrated more professionally. Do you do that kind of on-line support, having all the experience after all your testing during the years, or could you help me out with the adress of somebody who could support me in that. I would be very greatful and I hope that this request does not bother you.
Have an happy easter sunday and hope to hear you soon. Hi Dan, how are you doing?
My name is Michel Hardy and I am writing you from good old Europe, more exactely from Italy.
Im am living in a wonderful ancient villagge of the italian countryside between tuscany and the sea side and discovered just right now your great work with the TEQ12 in 2011. It'a already more than 4 years ago and it's still stunning reading it in all it's different parts and considerations. I've bought one of these DSD's right now for a very reasonable price here in Europe just because I've got affascinated about it after having read all your testings. It was still much money for me, but the way you had talked about it and the results you are describing on your system had been enthusistic for my ears .
I am upgrading right now for the first time my 5.1 system to a 7.1.4 and that's why I was reading much about all the improvements to do during the last weeks. In this way I found the enormous article about your Trinnov and Dirac efforts... and got stunned by it. At the same time I found a guy in northern Europe who offered a used TEQ12 for sale... and thats the beginning of a new love story. The only problem: I have no experience about all that calibration work and it's the first time I will try to do something like that.
So that's the point: first of all I will try to set it up by my own and get accoustomed to the TEQ. After that I would like to invest some extra money in that for having it calibrated more professionally. Do you do that kind of on-line support, having all the experience after all your testing during the years, or could you help me out with the adress of somebody who could support me in that. I would be very greatful and I hope that this request does not bother you.
Have an happy easter sunday and hope to hear you soon. My private mail is positivopositivo dot it and it would be great if you could answer me right there
Thanks a lot
Michel
Thanks a lot
Michel
post #1421 of 1422 Old 03-31-2016, 04:18 PM
3D Audio Consultant

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Great fun for you! Remote tuning is certainly possible. Luca is a client of mine in Tuscany- he has an ADA Reference (TEQ+Processor). For several years, we have done remote tuning. His home is quite old- it adds to the sound... if the walls could talk imagine what they would say.

PM me for details.

Cheers, Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivo2 View Post
Have an happy easter sunday and hope to hear you soon. Hi Dan, how are you doing?
Have an happy easter sunday and hope to hear you soon. My private mail is positivopositivo dot it and it would be great if you could answer me right there
Thanks a lot
Michel
Thanks a lot
Michel

Trinnov Audio
USA

post #1422 of 1422 Old 04-03-2016, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by positivo2 View Post
Thanks a lot
Michel
Thanks a lot
Michel

Hello Michel,

Please let me apologize for taking so long to respond; I'm in a position currently that doesn't afford me the time to visit this site like I used to. I'll send you an email and we can take it from there.

Thank you for reaching out.

Dan

Dan Francis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page