post #61 of 64 Old 11-18-2011, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk3030 View Post

In my Miami days, I went from a 21 Catalina up to a 34 Tartan, at another point had a smaller Fountain power boat. But after awhile, I figured I just spent too much time screwing around with the 'boat' part instead of being out on the water. So got rid of all them & bought a windsurfer, I could just grab it, strap to the car and off I went.

Funny, how an afluent yachter and pennyless student ended up in the same place (i.e. on a surfboard). I was an avid windsurfer back in the days on the windy dutch lakes. I was a flat broke student and won my board on a local "complete this slogan" contests.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 11-18-2011, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

I have two kids starting college in 2 years. I'm done with cars for quite a while!

OH, they are the real ratio, children. My little girl is only 3. Just watching "Green Lantern," and saw my sister-in-law. About 135.35 in the movie. She does a lot of extra work and has been in quite a few movies http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4166642/ At seeing the movie, my daughter was distraught that her, "T-nanny" had been eaten by the monster and started screaming "T-nanny!" We had to call and let her talk to her aunt. In New Orleans, the T is short for Aunt as in Auntee and Nanny means that it is her godmother. That's an interesting movie. "Green Lantern." It's filmed in New Orleans. A lot of the scenes are at the Lakefront Airport. Funny, everyone ask me about "Treme" and I know that side of the city but most of what I know is a lot more of the scenery in "Green Lantern" and I am sure I have been in that bar. A lot of what you see in the movies about New Orleans is kind of like, "all Americans are cowboys and ride horses." Perception, but not reality. Funny I have not seen many movies that portray the side of New Orleans I know. Guess that image just does not sell. Just a side note and a dash of real life. Still love movies and my gear. Wonderful stuff but the little one, "priceless,."

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.
post #63 of 64 Old 11-19-2011, 04:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogger View Post

OH, they are the real ratio, children. My little girl is only 3. Just watching "Green Lantern," and saw my sister-in-law. About 135.35 in the movie. She does a lot of extra work and has been in quite a few movies http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4166642/ At seeing the movie, my daughter was distraught that her, "T-nanny" had been eaten by the monster and started screaming "T-nanny!" We had to call and let her talk to her aunt. In New Orleans, the T is short for Aunt as in Auntee and Nanny means that it is her godmother. That's an interesting movie. "Green Lantern." It's filmed in New Orleans. A lot of the scenes are at the Lakefront Airport. Funny, everyone ask me about "Treme" and I know that side of the city but most of what I know is a lot more of the scenery in "Green Lantern" and I am sure I have been in that bar. A lot of what you see in the movies about New Orleans is kind of like, "all Americans are cowboys and ride horses." Perception, but not reality. Funny I have not seen many movies that portray the side of New Orleans I know. Guess that image just does not sell. Just a side note and a dash of real life. Still love movies and my gear. Wonderful stuff but the little one, "priceless,."

I hear you.... kids are what centers your life and provide more excitement (and grief) than one can imagine. I say grief as I have two teenage daughters and adolescence has brought on a bumpy ride.. Great kids, smart but wanting their independence and freedom... and a car! I'm not the daddy that always know everything anymore!!

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #64 of 64 Old 12-29-2011, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For us, hi-fi equipment is the beginning of the music producing chain process. Well engineered and designed audio equipment must have the same connected to it. All the components must have well engineered cables for the speakers and the components. If you own a piece of upper end gear, contact the designer of the piece and ask them what components and cables they use to voice their equipment with. They have tested many and settled on a few. Most will tell you what they like to use with their gear.

It is the synergy of all of these components that when placed in a properly designed and acoustically treated room, will produce an emotional connection to the music that one enjoys. It is for this purpose that the components were created for by the engineers.

Go to a trade show, if you can and talk to the builders of equipment you own or are thinking about purchasing. Look at the ones that are focused on the music and not the box. I think you will meet a designer that thinks and hears like you do.
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page