NYC Installer Recommendation - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 12-07-2011, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sorry for the cross posting, but I thought someone here might be able to help also.
In need of some installation help in NYC - hanging of a screen and projector, running of some ethernet for 12V trigger and IR blaster, and running of power up the wall for the projector and screen in a pre-war apartment in Manhattan. I had someone lined up through a shop here in the city, but their installer went MIA and unfortunately I can't wait around for them - we have a 12' box sitting in the middle of the living room with the screen (that my wife would love to see moved ASAP ) and the painter is ready and waiting for this project to be done. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated -
mjv

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-08-2011, 02:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: From Coconut Grove FL to the rest of the globe with TLC.
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Paul Austi Audio Video Crafts, cedia co-counder and great guy, well staffed.

post #3 of 8 Old 12-13-2011, 11:35 AM
LJG
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigga View Post

Sorry for the cross posting, but I thought someone here might be able to help also.
In need of some installation help in NYC - hanging of a screen and projector, running of some ethernet for 12V trigger and IR blaster, and running of power up the wall for the projector and screen in a pre-war apartment in Manhattan. I had someone lined up through a shop here in the city, but their installer went MIA and unfortunately I can't wait around for them - we have a 12' box sitting in the middle of the living room with the screen (that my wife would love to see moved ASAP ) and the painter is ready and waiting for this project to be done. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated -
mjv

Who did you end up selecting for the job?
post #4 of 8 Old 12-13-2011, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I did talk to Paul Austi - but he's scheduling 3-4 weeks out right now and I think my wife would kill me if this box stayed in the living room for the rest of the year (it's already been there 6 weeks):

(dog and shoe are perspective )

One of our editors referred me to Kevin Millers (isftv.com) who passed me on to one of the installers he's worked with who he thought might be available (Mike Kaiden at Kaiden Home Tech http://kaiden.com/). I'm proud to report that the screen and projector are on the wall as we speak - electrical and additional wiring will be done tomorrow. I'll post some pictures in my current set-up thread when done.

post #5 of 8 Old 12-13-2011, 04:19 PM
LJG
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I Love the Husky
post #6 of 8 Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

That's Samson.

post #7 of 8 Old 02-10-2012, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for an installer also. How did Kaiden work out. What Ethernet cable did you use?

Thanks for your help.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-10-2012, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Terrific - no problem recommending. Quick, efficient, friendly - did exactly what I was looking for and in a time frame that worked. Here is finished product once I was done assembling everything:

Assume you're asking for the HDMI extender? I bought a Cat6 shielded ethernet cable - I think from Cables2Go, but I'm don't remember exactly... Used Cat6 shielded because that is what Jim Peterson from Lumagen suggested to be safe.

PM me your email address - I'm happy to cc you an an email directly to him.

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page