Teranex 2D>3D -Not just for Millionaires any More - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

Old 12-12-2015, 01:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
So you are the one that got this. I was going to, but waited too long.
Ouch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2015, 01:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
Do watch return of the king and Thin Red line tell me they are not fantastic, converted.
Honored that you are satisfied by the fruits of my hard labour, believe me the 60k unit was a total pain to integrate.
Cheers!
I will watch these when I have the new JVC projector which is far better for 3D than my current one (brighter, almost never any ghosting). Do you know if there is any intention to develop this tech further to allow negative parallax as well? I don't see why this should be exceedingly difficult to do. Maybe the military just did not need it but it would be an easy extension.
A peculiar detail of the device is that it requires for 2D3D conversion 1080i59.94 input and 4:2:2 colour for output. There is no technical reason why 1080p23.98 and 4:4:4 should not work as well. I guess it's the video broadcast background that caused this.
I watched "Pitch Black" in T-3D last night and very few shots did not look quite right.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter
MESSING WITH YOUR SENSES

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1005 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
Wink teranex 1080p 4:4:4 Support please take the banner for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhafner View Post
I will watch these when I have the new JVC projector which is far better for 3D than my current one (brighter, almost never any ghosting). Do you know if there is any intention to develop this tech further to allow negative parallax as well? I don't see why this should be exceedingly difficult to do. Maybe the military just did not need it but it would be an easy extension.
A peculiar detail of the device is that it requires for 2D3D conversion 1080i59.94 input and 4:2:2 colour for output. There is no technical reason why 1080p23.98 and 4:4:4 should not work as well. I guess it's the video broadcast background that caused this.
I watched "Pitch Black" in T-3D last night and very few shots did not look quite right.
Yeah I remember having watched pitch black and enjoying it converted in Albiorix Kaleidescape 3D dedicated player.

Their nex processors that handle 4k do say 3d support, but there is little motivation in Black Magic's part, please write to Bruce Hinton and follow up on it, tell him I sent ya!
Old 12-12-2015, 06:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Is it an easy "plug and play" device ... as simple as HDMI in and out following my Radiance?

Multiple upstream sources (DircTV, Oppo, AppleTV, etc. all switched by Crestron and/or ADA) entering the Radiance.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucemck2 View Post
Is it an easy "plug and play" device ... as simple as HDMI in and out following my Radiance?

Multiple upstream sources (DircTV, Oppo, AppleTV, etc. all switched by Crestron and/or ADA) entering the Radiance.
The Radiance must output 1080i60 4:2:2 and there can be no HDCP on the signal as the Teranex has no HDCP support since it's a professional device and not a consumer device. I have it before the Radiance but it should work either way.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Liked: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhafner View Post
I have a new JVC projector and I can not get the Teranex to work with it. No problem with my DLP projectors but no luck with the JVC. I tried HDMI 2 and changed it in the JVC's menu so it would work with older non-4K HDMI sources -- still no luck. With the JVC I'm now using the PowerDVD15 2D to 3D conversion (intensity set to 25%). If you find a solution please let me know.
Old 12-19-2015, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
I have a new JVC projector and I can not get the Teranex to work with it. No problem with my DLP projectors but no luck with the JVC. I tried HDMI 2 and changed it in the JVC's menu so it would work with older non-4K HDMI sources -- still no luck. With the JVC I'm now using the PowerDVD15 2D to 3D conversion (intensity set to 25%). If you find a solution please let me know.
I won't have the new projector till January it seems. But I use my old JVC via a LumagenPro so if there is a problem I will ask Lumagen for help. It accepts the Teranex fine and should work with the new JVC as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

taboola here