post #31 of 58 Old 01-24-2012, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm View Post

Jim, please contact Sim2 again as your information is not accurate. As a matter of fact, I got email *today* with pricing for 150 and encouragement to sell them to the customers. I am told production has started in Italy and inventory will become available in US soon.

Of course, as always, folks need to be cautious about products until they are on hand . But indicates are positive regarding the Mico 150 shipping based on latest and current data.

I encourage people interested in the unit to contact their dealers and place their orders as quantities may be limited initially given the anticipation for the unit.

Thanks Amir, I did, and got the same info. I'm starting to wonder if there isn't some parallel universe that we are wandering through with Sim2. It's sad when you can't even call up the person that processes the orders and trust what they are telling you.

To be clear, until a week ago, I believed the 150 was being produced and could be ordered, in fact, I believed that up until yesterday, and I can only base my comments on what I was told by Sim2. That's what I posted. I do not doubt that you and others were told the unit is coming, and it probably is. I hope so, there is a lot of interest. I don't need to be correct here, I'm fine with having gotten bad intel, just sorry it comes directly from the company. To me, that's the bigger issue related to these products. I'm also unconcerned about the "dealer level" comment. All dealer's are treated the same, but if for any reason their treatment were based on sales, I'd be unconcerned matched up against anyone posting here.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 58 Old 01-24-2012, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm View Post

As I said, the Mico 150 had already started production and dealers can take orders on them. Indeed, there may be a shortage of them in the short term due to demand. This is all direct from Sim2 in writing. In my book, this is far stronger than "strong likelihood."

Are you not a dealer for Sim2 and have not received their communications on this front??? I don't think Sim2 has multiple tiers of dealers and some are not privy to all the information but maybe that is the case?

We are supplied a lot of info on a confidential basis that I can not post here. It would be childish to discuss what they supplied us with re the 150, what they asked us to do in reviewing documentation, specs we have, etc but we do not breath a word until its officially announced by Sim2. Lots of things can prevent a new model from happening and the last thing any dealer who knows something should do is to announce something prematurely. In the last day or so they may have said go ahead, discuss it, take orders etc but until we get the word officially from Sim2 my mouth and the rest of AV Science Sales mouths ares shut, indeed a rather unnatural state for me.

As Jim knows, I have spent a week in Italy as a guest of Sim2, visiting their facility etc, and Jim was supposed to go with us but had to cancel at the last minute. I have been to the Sim2 facility in Florida many times. I am sure all the dealers posting here are good dealers, important to Sim2, but I don't think Sim2 communicates to all of us at once by blast emails. Its much more on a personal basis and some infomation may be given earlier to some based on how they might contribute to the process based on special skills a dealer might posess. The 150 was deliberately left off the latest price list because they didn't want to announce it until everything was certain. Dealers and a manufacturer are a team and every team member has roles. A good manufacturer will make every dealer feel he is their best and most important just as any dealer must treat each customer as its most important. And I am sure the good folks at Sim2 will be contacting all their dealers with official pricing etc. We have had it but we haven't yet received any official word to start our engines. I will be gl;ad to post MSRP and the specs as soon as Sim2 says go ahead.
post #33 of 58 Old 01-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
When you do get some info Mark, I would be interested in seeing what the current prices are

post #34 of 58 Old 01-25-2012, 09:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieledmunds View Post

When you do get some info Mark, I would be interested in seeing what the current prices are

The data I have as of a couple of days ago is MSRP of $28,000 for Mico 150. Price is the same for either short or long throw lens choices.

Amir
Founder,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Insist on Quality Engineering"

post #35 of 58 Old 01-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

Thankyou! So I wasn't far off, hopefully we'll see some early adopters on here soon

post #36 of 58 Old 01-25-2012, 09:43 AM

Its called the M 150 and the MSRP s $28,000. The rated output is 1100 ANSI Lumens and the contrast specification is up to 100,000 to one using Dynamic Black. LED life is estimated at 30,000 hours. It uses the DC4 chip 0.95 size. It is on the Lumis Solo 3D electronic latform. Available with either the T1 or T2 lenses. It is supposed to be really bright in 3D based on the glasses they are using and how they are driven. Very very small blanking times compared to the competion done in a manner not to induce the appearance of ghosts. Very interesting white paper, rather a long read and I haven't digested it all.
post #37 of 58 Old 01-25-2012, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Will it be on show at ISE next week?

Sim does have a booth, so...

SIM2 MULTIMEDIA
Booth Number: #11F84
post #38 of 58 Old 01-25-2012, 10:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldk View Post

Will it be on show at ISE next week?

Sim does have a booth, so...

SIM2 MULTIMEDIA
Booth Number: #11F84

I don't know but unit was on display at CES (although not on -- the booht was small and the Solo was driving the only screen). So perhaps they show it there.

Amir
Founder,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #39 of 58 Old 01-25-2012, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Last year they had a room instead of an booth. Major problem with the LED projectors has been the very limited screen size (160 x 90 centimeter max. in my opinion), due to the limited lightoutput.

The budget units (small chip dlp) also perform at only 35-60% of stated spec. so that doesn't speak well for LED performance, in general;-). Good to see people breaking established barriers.

The SIM2 UK rep usually hangs out here, doesn't he, so I thought better ask,than spend time at the show looking for it, in case it isn't there to begin with. Sim2 wasn't at their assigned booth number when they released the Mico 50, later I found out that it was at the Stewart Booth, but Sim2 wasn't even at the show.
post #40 of 58 Old 01-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Here is some news about the M 150, confirming the price and specs:
http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics...ew/702284.html
http://www.twice.com/article/479380-...eils_M_150.php

I find it interesting that they mention using a 'New High efficiency' PT-120 chipset. I wonder if we will also see updated models from other manufacturers. Not sure about all this 'interior design' marketing, I guess its worth exploring... cheaper than a Van Gogh I suppose

post #41 of 58 Old 01-26-2012, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

So it is not even doing 3D;-).
post #42 of 58 Old 01-26-2012, 02:17 PM

It is fully 3D enabled and comes with glasses etc. Sim2 is quite proud of the innovative work they have done to enable higher 3D light levels to ones eyes without high levels of visual crosstalk, the effects of high crossalk is visable ghosting.
post #43 of 58 Old 01-26-2012, 02:50 PM

Liked: 10
I can confirm that the M150 does indeed exist, and we are now shipping. It is brighter because of improved efficiency of the LED's plus the inclusion of LUMIS electronics and improved CMS has resulted in a significant improvement. Of course the other plus is that it is 3D enabled and I have to say that it does perform extremely well.

The projector can be seen at next weeks ISE.

A number of models announced at CEDIA have been put on the back burner for the time being.

Regards

Alan Roser
SIM2 UK Ltd

Regards

Alan Roser
SIM2 UK Ltd
post #44 of 58 Old 01-26-2012, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mark it requires an additional box for 3D, according to the re-written announcement, linked above, hence the ;-). Was poking fun;-).

Alan, at the booth or in one of the rooms?
post #45 of 58 Old 01-26-2012, 04:07 PM

Liked: 10
Room E104. Entrance E Congress Centre

Regards

Alan Roser
SIM2 UK Ltd
post #46 of 58 Old 01-27-2012, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieledmunds View Post

Here is some news about the M 150, confirming the price and specs:
http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics...ew/702284.html
http://www.twice.com/article/479380-...eils_M_150.php

I find it interesting that they mention using a 'New High efficiency' PT-120 chipset. I wonder if we will also see updated models from other manufacturers. Not sure about all this 'interior design' marketing, I guess its worth exploring... cheaper than a Van Gogh I suppose

I'm wondering about this as well. Is it a running up-date to the chipset? I ask because Jim McGall commented on an improvement to the Wolf Cinema DCL-200FD version of this Chilin based machine having a +10% improvement over recent production runs pushing the "ANSI numbers in the 1000-1150 range". He posted this on August 2011.

Here's the link to Jim's comment: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post20765691
post #47 of 58 Old 01-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

I just wonder if it is more than Luminus making the chipset better as there is the different case design. I suppose it could be designed differently to set it apart from previous models or to incorporate bits to make 3D possible.

post #48 of 58 Old 02-06-2012, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
All I can say Sim2 is introducing a lot of product choices to the market. Migrating from my "dated" C3xe confuses me on whih path to take. Each path seems to start at the mid 20's
post #49 of 58 Old 02-11-2012, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 4 View Post

Its called the M 150 and the MSRP s $28,000. The rated output is 1100 ANSI Lumens and the contrast specification is up to 100,000 to one using Dynamic Black. LED life is estimated at 30,000 hours. It uses the DC4 chip 0.95 size. It is on the Lumis Solo 3D electronic latform. Available with either the T1 or T2 lenses. It is supposed to be really bright in 3D based on the glasses they are using and how they are driven. Very very small blanking times compared to the competion done in a manner not to induce the appearance of ghosts. Very interesting white paper, rather a long read and I haven't digested it all.

Mark, is the white paper you mention available to end users? I would really like to read it!

Mike Kobb
(Formerly "ReplayMike". These opinions are mine alone, and in no way reflect the opinions of employers past or present!)

post #50 of 58 Old 02-11-2012, 12:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike View Post

Mark, is the white paper you mention available to end users? I would really like to read it!

The paper says "Dealer Confidential" so unfortunately cannot be shared. The issue with it is that it ends with the dealer price list and I think that is the reason they marked it this way.

Amir
Founder,

post #51 of 58 Old 02-11-2012, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Amir,

You can always not share the prices

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #52 of 58 Old 02-11-2012, 01:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingtravler View Post

Amir,

You can always not share the prices

I realize that . But every page of the paper has that footnote on it. Let me see if I can get Sim2 to release the info separately.

Amir
Founder,

post #53 of 58 Old 02-11-2012, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

All these tech folks can not take a few pages out of a pdf, we know you guys get good margin with Sim2;-).
post #54 of 58 Old 02-11-2012, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks, Amir!

Mike Kobb
(Formerly "ReplayMike". These opinions are mine alone, and in no way reflect the opinions of employers past or present!)

post #55 of 58 Old 03-02-2012, 01:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialsound View Post

All I can say Sim2 is introducing a lot of product choices to the market. Migrating from my "dated" C3xe confuses me on whih path to take. Each path seems to start at the mid 20's

Not necessarily...sort of depends on your thought process. Also they have some programs for older 720 units you might consider... Would greatly drop your effective out of pocket.

Jason C. Turk
Technical Support, Customer Service, Sales and Installations
A/V Science, Inc.
Direct Line: 585-645-1004
Email:

Don't forget my nearly 13,000 posts under my old ID!

post #56 of 58 Old 04-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Has anyone who has demoed the Nero seen RBE. I'm sure some who are quite sensitive to such might notice them on most any single chip DLP, but this question is more for the 'average' sensitive viewer of single chip DLPs. It appears the Nero is closest in performance, except light output, to the 3 chip Sim2 models.

I have an opportunity to demo a Crystal 45, are the spinning color discs and motors the same on both, so that one could conclude that if I see/don't see the RBE, that I would conclude the same viewing the Nero?

I currently have the Sony VW95, and have been intrigued by reports of owners of the 3 chip Sim2 to say they prefer them still over the new Sony 4K, at least with 2K material. I guess that might change when 4K sources and source players become available, at least until 4K DLP 3 chip pj are introduced, but they are not likely to be any less expensive than 2K 3 chippers,which are already beyond my budget.
post #57 of 58 Old 04-10-2012, 07:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlanzy View Post

Has anyone who has demoed the Nero seen RBE. I'm sure some who are quite sensitive to such might notice them on most any single chip DLP, but this question is more for the 'average' sensitive viewer of single chip DLPs.

As I noted in my quick review of the Sim2 Nero projector, I am exceptionally sensitive to RBE. Yet I hardly could see it and when it did occur its duration is very brief. I plan to use this projector for my own theater.

Quote:

I have an opportunity to demo a Crystal 45, are the spinning color discs and motors the same on both, so that one could conclude that if I see/don't see the RBE, that I would conclude the same viewing the Nero?

Oh for sure. I can readily see it in the 45 although it is only in very brightly lit scenes. So in that regard, you are not that sensitive at all and I would be shocked if you saw any with the Nero.

If you don't see RBE, this is really an ideal projector. It is extremely sharp, besting even its 3-chip brothers.

By the way, there is now only one version of Nero.

Amir
Founder,

post #58 of 58 Old 04-11-2012, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlanzy View Post

Has anyone who has demoed the Nero seen RBE. I'm sure some who are quite sensitive to such might notice them on most any single chip DLP, but this question is more for the 'average' sensitive viewer of single chip DLPs. It appears the Nero is closest in performance, except light output, to the 3 chip Sim2 models.

I saw RBE on the Nero within about five seconds of walking into the demo room, but I am extremely flicker and RBE sensitive. I really encourage you to check for yourself if you can! For example, I see RBE on some LED projectors but not others, so this is why I'm still trying to see the M.150 in person.

Mike Kobb

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page