Krell Evolution 600e mono amp vs 600? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-30-2012, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a set of Krell Evolution 600 mono blocks. Krell offers an upgrade path to their new 600e model for $5k per amp (not cheap but a lot less than their $18,500 MSRP).

The question is has anyone compared the 600e to the 600? Is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks,

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-30-2012, 01:28 PM

Liked: 10
Yes, I did the 600e upgrade last year. I think it's worth it (though some had commented in the past that the upgrade was 'subtle'). I found marked improvement in soundstaging, clarity (if you can imagine!) and on highs. I am running these via CAST Cables from EVO 707 (after upgrading from EVO 202 running on processor loop off of MC-12 v5 EQ). My source is Esoteric UX-1 Limited and speakers are Maxx3, with Opus MM2 speaker cables and PowerLink MM2X power cables for the amps. The two amps are each on a dedicated 20A line, the 707 and UX-1 Ltd are also on a 20 A dedicated line, though I use Shunyata Hydra as power conditioner for these two; both the 707 and the UX-1 Ltd also have PowerLink MM2 power cable (though 15A). Hope this helps. All three linies (in fact I have 6 such dedicated lines in all in my AV room) are all in the same phase, my meas voltage runs around 122V+/-2 or3V.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-04-2013, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschamis View Post

I have a set of Krell Evolution 600 mono blocks. Krell offers an upgrade path to their new 600e model for $5k per amp (not cheap but a lot less than their $18,500 MSRP).

The question is has anyone compared the 600e to the 600? Is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks,

David

I know its been a while but I'm still thinking about this - anyone else have any comments to add?
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page