AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Runco just announced their brand new

LS-12d

list price under 30K
Even comes with 3 pairs of active glasses.

The real kicker here is the new DC-300 outboard video box. This thing has more inputs than you could imagine. EVEN display port! Auto updating firmware via network cable.

Runco’s LS-12d delivers exceptional 3D and 2D performance, sharing many of the technical attributes of the award-winning LightStyle™ projector series. The LS-12d combines a powerful three-chip DLP® engine and a wide array of lens options with Runco’s elegant LightStyle chassis design. With the addition of the LS-12d to Runco’s 3D projection offerings, clients now have a variety of exceptional 3D options to choose from based on their individual needs.

Custom paint and print options with a myriad of color options are available with the LS-12d, including an option to design your own one-of-a-kind projector with Runco FinishPalette™. Beyond beautiful on the outside, the Runco LS-12d is feature rich, including advanced connectivity and the latest-generation video processing and scaling available externally paired with Runco’s Dimension Digital Controller™ DC-300. Rounding out this impressive projector are discrete input source, aspect ratio and power on/off, as well as an RS-232 interface for seamless integration with automation control systems.

Light Output CSMS Specifications: Home Theater Calibration: 1845 ANSI Lumens; 119 Foot-Lamberts (fL); 2,100 ANSI Lumens (uncalibrated)
Contrast Ratio CSMS Contrast Ratio: >250:1 (ANSI); 10,000:1 sequential
Lamp 230/260W (selectable) HPM lamp
Lamp Life 2000/3000 hours typical (Standard/Economy Mode)

http://www.runco.com/products/projec...ghtSyle_LS-12d

http://www.runco.com/products/video-...tal-Controller

Inputs: (8) HDCP-compliant HDMI digital video inputs with CEC and Deep Color; (1) HDCP-compliant DisplayPort 1.1a/1.2 digital video input; (2) female HD15 (VGA) connectors in a stacked configuration; (1) Component/SCART (3 x RCA); (3) Composite

Outputs: (3) HDMI with CEC and Deep Color to display
3 displays at once!

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-30-2012, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I saw this earlier in the day...I am curious as to what, if any, compromises have been made relative to the LS-10d...

Joel
Some people choose to have a pool, I choose to have a home theater!
post #3 of 9 Old 01-31-2012, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Joel,

This should be a LS-10 that is hot rodded with all the new 3d stuff and a new video processor. Otherwise the specs and size look like a LS-10

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #4 of 9 Old 01-31-2012, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingtravler View Post

Joel,

This should be a LS-10 that is hot rodded with all the new 3d stuff and a new vedio processor. Otherwise the specs and size look like a LS-10

I went through an awful lot of growing pains with Runco re: video processor included with my LS-10d and truly hope that this video processor does not have similar issues...

Joel
Some people choose to have a pool, I choose to have a home theater!
post #5 of 9 Old 01-31-2012, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 28
So .65 chips...not .95? Any details on the 3D refresh rate...120?
post #6 of 9 Old 01-31-2012, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Not yet, I have not seen the manual posted yet, but the spec sheet shows it goes up to 120 hz

DTV Compatibility 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p 24/50/60/100/120
so hopefully 2"flashes" per eye.

This is new from the ground up vid eq so only time will.

David

post #7 of 9 Old 01-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
119fL on what size screen? I'm assuming their 76" that they are using for reference?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Website)

Video Contributor

post #8 of 9 Old 01-31-2012, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I didn't think it was particularly bright today, of course it was shown at a reasonably large screen I guess somewhere between 4 and 5 meters wide.

120 Hz, it was shown using a bit of Kungfu Panda in Active 3D.

It is to start shipping in april, but that will be with the old processor, the new DC-300 controller will not ship until in May.

The most likely Planar derived mirror ultra short throw LED projector the VC-100d, was the most intruiging new projector in the line-up, something that has been done by tinkerers, with office/eduction machines, but not 1080P and with a long lifetime and saturated colours due to the LED engine.

LED still needs more power though. The Sim2 1000 lumens projectors is a nice projector, but I would say the 2.5 meter wide Black Diamond 2 screen with 1.4 gain is a bit too large for my taste. At least in combination with the €20K +VAT LED projector. But I like me a bit of ambient light (reserve). In the dark the still of the Strawberry was plenty bright , especially in the Adobe colourspace.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-02-2012, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

They list the CMCS standards in another part of the website. It is very helpful coming Runco to Runco for relative brightness.

David

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page