Kaleidescape and irule? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 02-18-2012, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
has anyone tried to integrate kaleidescape into irule remote. I know there are IP commands in database to control the player. What I mean is , that is there a way to browse through the collection in irule, where you can see cover art etc? In irule user area there are IP commands for media manager- what does that do?
If not , between 1remote and remotescape which is better for iPAD?

Thanks
Mani
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 02-18-2012, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Try Kaleidescape's App, it's free (at the App Store).

Jim
post #3 of 16 Old 02-18-2012, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I did download that app, but it only has a
Barcode scanner to see if u already own the movie. I don't see any control feature in that . Can you send me a link if there is another app?

Mani
post #4 of 16 Old 02-18-2012, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Sorry , I was looking on my iPhone for the app and only iPhone app shows up on it which just does bar code scanning . I will download the iPad app and see how it works.
post #5 of 16 Old 02-18-2012, 02:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 527
Here you go: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kalei...487056316?mt=8

Amir
Retired Technology Insider
Founder, Madrona Digital
"Insist on Quality Engineering"
post #6 of 16 Old 02-18-2012, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Hi Amir

I just loaded 320 CD's in M700 yesterday. I have mix of various englis and Indian/bollywood CD,s DVD,s and Blu rays. So far with CD's , I have been quite disappointed as kscape didnt recognise more than 100 out for 300 CD's that I loaded. I ripped the same CD's for my Bryston BDP-1 using dbpoweramp and it got the metadata automatically for more than 90-95% of the same CD's. Out of 320 CD's that I have loaded so far , M700 has ejected 10 CD's which it cant even import, although they are commercially released and scratchfree indian CD's ( which I had no problem ripping with dbpoweramp . And there is no manual override in kscape. I hope DVD's, Blu rays will have better support for Bollywood movies. Does anyone else has experience with foreign movies/CD's on kscape.

Mani
post #7 of 16 Old 02-18-2012, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 24
use the kscape ipad app; it does exactly what you're asking.

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
C'SEED Entertainment Systems GMBH
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #8 of 16 Old 02-18-2012, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I have basic player functions working through my control4 system. But is there a way to get cover art view , like in remotescape to be integrated in conrol4 app and touch panels?
post #9 of 16 Old 02-18-2012, 07:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post

Hi Amir

I just loaded 320 CD's in M700 yesterday. I have mix of various englis and Indian/bollywood CD,s DVD,s and Blu rays. So far with CD's , I have been quite disappointed as kscape didnt recognise more than 100 out for 300 CD's that I loaded. I ripped the same CD's for my Bryston BDP-1 using dbpoweramp and it got the metadata automatically for more than 90-95% of the same CD's. Out of 320 CD's that I have loaded so far , M700 has ejected 10 CD's which it cant even import, although they are commercially released and scratchfree indian CD's ( which I had no problem ripping with dbpoweramp . And there is no manual override in kscape. I hope DVD's, Blu rays will have better support for Bollywood movies. Does anyone else has experience with foreign movies/CD's on kscape.

Mani

Hi Mani. That is unfortunate but sadly, the state of the world. There are different metadata providers and some have pretty incomplete database. At Microsoft, we started with AMG and got hit hard initially as you mention. But over time we filled the gap and got past it. Others use CDDB but we did not like the low quality of that given that it is user driven (and for us the licensing cost was very high).

Good news is that the opposite is true for DVD/BD. They have index 270,000 titles. That is a huge library. There maybe something out there that they don't have. In which case it can be sent to them and they populate and give it back to you. I created my own BD and they offered to do the same even with that! Not sure they do this for everyone though (we have a special relationship with them).

Amir
Retired Technology Insider
Founder, Madrona Digital
"Insist on Quality Engineering"
post #10 of 16 Old 02-27-2012, 04:58 PM

Liked: 10
You can loan the unrecognized CDs to Kaleidescape, and they'll fix the metadata in the database for you for free. See the details at kaleidescape dot com slash loan.
post #11 of 16 Old 03-02-2012, 12:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: From Coconut Grove FL to the rest of the globe with TLC.
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post

I hope DVD's, Blu rays will have better support for Bollywood movies. Does anyone else has experience with foreign movies/CD's on kscape.

Mani

On the One Hyde Park job: Out of 300 international BD's selected for best teranex converted 3d presentation we had 65 exception reports with japanese, english, australian and german bd's. I imagine region c would be a nightmare scenario.

In the past the loaner program worked fine with dvd's but in the vault age the loaner program is completely impractical to the custom installer who has to ship these systems loaded and debugged for missing metadata.
post #12 of 16 Old 09-02-2012, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to share that I have integrated Kaleidescape into my irule setup. I have shared the devices and panels on irule. If anyone needs any help setting up gateway please feel free to post here. There is a command that I saw in irule community forum with which you can launch Kscape app from within irule and it generates a link in Kscape app to come back to irule page....works like a charm!!! And I have made my home page to run Kscape instead of Oppo as I hardly end up using Oppo anymore. I have made separate page for Oppo now. Someone had already shared IP commands for Kscape. I have added some of my own, including A-Z keyboard characters do search by name and also to directly launch your collections instead of going through menu. I have also been able to configure feedback from Kscape and spent some time cleaning out feedback commands responses , so I can get exactly what I want on iPAD screen. I am able to get name of title playing, Media type, detailed play staus inlcuding , chapter, location in chapter, total duration etc etc. I will add some buttons to run custom scripts, once I have decided upon them. Here is a screen shot......

Mani
post #13 of 16 Old 09-04-2012, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Added the feedback for video format
I have also added the cue commands and feedback commands in the entrance so all feedbacks are constantly updated...
post #14 of 16 Old 03-07-2014, 07:21 AM

what is the name of shared panels and devices

post #15 of 16 Old 03-07-2014, 07:50 AM

what is the name of shared panels and devices

post #16 of 16 Old 03-08-2014, 09:03 AM

Liked: 13
For the device, search Community for Kaleidescape. You want 'Kaleidescape TCP/IP Mani'

For the feedback, look through ALL of the community feedback. You want 'Kscape feedback'
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page