Aerial Acoustics' 20T 2V & CC5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 02-26-2012, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Has anyone heard or better yet have the Aerial Acoustics' 20T 2V speakers working along side the CC5 center speaker? I am looking for anyone who has personally experienced this set up. I am on the fence for this purchase and could use your valuable input. Thanks!

Cheers,
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-26-2012, 07:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek737 View Post

Has anyone heard or better yet have the Aerial Acoustics' 20T 2V speakers working along side the CC5 center speaker? I am looking for anyone who has personally experienced this set up. I am on the fence for this purchase and could use your valuable input. Thanks!

Cheers,
Jim

If you use an acoustic transparent screen for your front projector, and you have plenty of bucks, you could use three 20Ts - one for center.

I have four Aerial 9s and a CC5 center - another 9 for center would be cool, but I don't use an acoustically transparent screen and even with my 12 foot high ceiling, the screen would be placed too high on the wall if I tried another 9 at center.

I'm sure we've had a few folks posting here at times with 20Ts up front and a CC5 who were very happy.

"Doug Winsor" used to troll at some AV Forums as "Steve Bruzonsky"! My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
post #3 of 8 Old 02-27-2012, 03:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post

If you use an acoustic transparent screen for your front projector, and you have plenty of bucks, you could use three 20Ts - one for center.

I have four Aerial 9s and a CC5 center - another 9 for center would be cool, but I don't use an acoustically transparent screen and even with my 12 foot high ceiling, the screen would be placed too high on the wall if I tried another 9 at center.

I'm sure we've had a few folks posting here at times with 20Ts up front and a CC5 who were very happy.

Wish I had a AT screen but I am afraid I do not. Steve thanks for your comments. I hope we have some 20T 2V / CC5 listeners chime in on their thoughts on this combo.
post #4 of 8 Old 03-05-2012, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Wish I had a AT screen but I am afraid I do not. Steve thanks for your comments. I hope we have some 20T 2V / CC5 listeners chime in on their thoughts on this combo.

I have had this combo. I think with the CC5 as center model 9 would be a better choice for mains in Home Theater.

In my room the 20Ts were just too much, they need a lot of space. I have line sources + subwoofers today and all my room integration issues are gone.

If you want to combine audiophile speakers with a top notch center channel and cannot go with 3 x 20Ts I would have considered other brands, like Wilson or JM Lab.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-05-2012, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand07 View Post

If you want to combine audiophile speakers with a top notch center channel and cannot go with 3 x 20Ts I would have considered other brands, like Wilson or JM Lab.

That's my opinion as well. I posted that on his other, hijacked, thread, but am not sure he saw it. B&W does a very good job with their centers.

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-05-2012, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I have had this combo. I think with the CC5 as center model 9 would be a better choice for mains in Home Theater.

In my room the 20Ts were just too much, they need a lot of space. I have line sources + subwoofers today and all my room integration issues are gone.

How big is your room that held the 20T's? Others that I have spoked with are very happy with their 20T's and CC5 combo. I will mark you down as the first one not happy with it.

Care to elaborate on what you didn't like about it?

Thanks,
Jim

Bulldogger check the other thread. I did comment on ur response, check on page three. Thanks again for chiming in.

Looks like I will be closing in on buying these speakers very soon, like maybe today.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-05-2012, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

How big is your room that held the 20T's? Others that I have spoked with are very happy with their 20T's and CC5 combo. I will mark you down as the first one not happy with it.

Care to elaborate on what you didn't like about it?

Thanks,
Jim

Bulldogger check the other thread. I did comment on ur response, check on page three. Thanks again for chiming in.

Looks like I will be closing in on buying these speakers very soon, like maybe today.

My room is 14 x 20 (14 is the width of the front wall). I was able to move the 20Ts away from the front wall and corner, but still they overloaded my room with bass. I found them to be very difficult to setup, especially with limited placement options that I had. The treble and midrange is very good though.

ps. I have heard the 20Ts in a much bigger room than mine and that sounded as completely different speakers...
post #8 of 8 Old 03-05-2012, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

My room is 14 x 20 (14 is the width of the front wall). I was able to move the 20Ts away from the front wall and corner, but still they overloaded my room with bass. I found them to be very difficult to setup, especially with limited placement options that I had. The treble and midrange is very good though.

ps. I have heard the 20Ts in a much bigger room than mine and that sounded as completely different speakers...

Thanks for sharing your past experience. My room is 23'L X 18"W X 9"H with a 10'.6" tray in the middle of the room. Hopefully that will do the trick...

Cheers,
Jim
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page