Speaker company in new Comcast Commercial? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 03-02-2012, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all, I'm sorry to saturate this forum with a mundane post like this, but i couldn't find a "chatting" forum..." . I'd really like to know what speaker company is featured in Comcast's new Business Class commercial? The loudspeakers in the background they are making look geometric in shape... no curved corners, just sharp-lined tridinished icosahedron in shape. (refer to the green side of the picture, but rotate 90deg clockwise) . They also reminded me of upside-down coffins? (the traditional ones you see in the old movies.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-02-2012, 04:03 PM

Liked: 32
Prob. just stage props.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-19-2012, 02:46 PM

I'm sure those speakers on the commercial are just stage props but if you like awesome speaker designs like that check out Vision Acoustics. Their site is vision-acoustics .com These guys make their own stuff and you can even design color and style that you want for any part of the speaker. I have half of their line of speakers with ambition to buy one pair of whole line up, I can't get enough of the custom look! I bet if you wanted to get a pair just like the ones on that commercial they can make them.
post #4 of 9 Old 05-19-2012, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcool007 View Post

Hey all, I'm sorry to saturate this forum with a mundane post like this, but i couldn't find a "chatting" forum..." . I'd really like to know what speaker company is featured in Comcast's new Business Class commercial? The loudspeakers in the background they are making look geometric in shape... no curved corners, just sharp-lined tridinished icosahedron in shape. (refer to the green side of the picture, but rotate 90deg clockwise) . They also reminded me of upside-down coffins? (the traditional ones you see in the old movies.

Anything like any of these?

http://www.avalonacoustics.com/
post #5 of 9 Old 05-19-2012, 04:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by VsnAcousticsFAN View Post

I'm sure those speakers on the commercial are just stage props but if you like awesome speaker designs like that check out Vision Acoustics. Their site is vision-acoustics .com These guys make their own stuff and you can even design color and style that you want for any part of the speaker. I have half of their line of speakers with ambition to buy one pair of whole line up, I can't get enough of the custom look! I bet if you wanted to get a pair just like the ones on that commercial they can make them.

How obvious that you are a geeky salesperson for some stupid lousy speaker company that none of us are interested in.

"Doug Winsor" used to troll at some AV Forums as "Steve Bruzonsky"! My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
post #6 of 9 Old 05-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by VsnAcousticsFAN View Post

This is the worst marketing account I've ever seen.

Fail dude. Friggin fail. Get the **** out

Matt

"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live." - George Carlin
post #7 of 9 Old 05-20-2012, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Never heard them, so not making any assumptions, but they do have some funky looking loudspeakers under "Speakers for Rent". Not quite sure of the business model? Speakers for rent?

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
post #8 of 9 Old 05-20-2012, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

I have half of their line of speakers with ambition to buy one pair of whole line up

Couldn't afford to rent the whole set? Listening in mono?

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
post #9 of 9 Old 06-15-2012, 08:36 PM

I was just wondering the same thing, did a google search and found this post. I'm not sure but I was first thinking Avalon Acoustics as another poster had already mentioned. However, I do remember back in the early 90s Sony, believe it or not, had a pair of high end speakers in there ES line. I've never heard them but they look very similar, do a google image search for SONY ES speaker and they should come up. Half way down this page is an example

http://www.agoraquest.com/reply.php?topic=31481&forum=51&post=165656&quote=1&mod=9797

I don't know if Sony still makes them or not but it seems strange that they would make a commercial out of a design that old.

Also, around the same time, a company name artemis had a similar looking design. I believe it was a monitor speaker that was designed to sit on top of a simialar shaped purpose built sub module. A google image search for artemis speakers should show examples.
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page