Lexicon MC12 & other high end processors Vs Onkyo with Audessy - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #121 of 124 Old 10-07-2013, 08:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

However, correction filters for the sub-critical range and more broad-band tonal adjustments above that is a useful functional arrangement.
That's essentially how XT32 works (the big change from all previous versions of Audyssey room correction).

Sanjay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 124 Old 07-09-2014, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Lexicon vs Integra

Hi all, I have a Lexicon MV5 and an Integra DHC 40.2 used as the hearts of 2 systems. The Lexicon is by far the better sounding unit for music and its a toss up for Theater between the two. The big factor for me is the Integra has been in the shop 4 times for repairs for no sound, no hdmi switching, no video etc and the Lexicon has been flawless.
Have a look at the forum threads regarding the reliability of the Integra/Onkyo stuff.
BTW, Integra is just rebadged Onkyo with a higher price tag....IMHO only of course.
amirm likes this.
post #123 of 124 Old 07-19-2014, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i do owned 5507 before .....after u try krell , lexicon or meridian, even over 15 years proccessor .....i can tell i rather use old machine since my buget was limited . its no comparison honestly nomatter how fantatic the eq was (i dont think its great anyway ). the basic important needs was sound quality and control , onkyo have niether one . but interms of money , its a great machine that have erverything inside since the second hand price of meridian may still more expensive than a new onkyo 5509 .
post #124 of 124 Old 07-22-2014, 01:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

I have had a Lexicon DC2, MC1 and a MC12HDEQ. When i had a problem with the MC12 in a moment of madness I decided to do the smart thing and buy an Onkyo Processor.

Big mistake. The Onkyo processor even with the latest Audessy never came close to matching the DC2 let alone the MC12. the Onkyo lasted 1 month in my system and I paid to get the MC12 repaired. There is simply no comparison and this after the MC12 had been out for 8 years!!!
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page