AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraalphahotel View Post

Thanks.

I guess it's best to keep an Oppo around. Pity they disabled the feature in the Oppo that allowed it to stream movie rips from network storage. I'm still happy that I can get a excellent music experience from a pc with a Lynx PCI-E card.

They only disabled the ISO reading not streaming in MKV and other forms so you can still stream DB with lite-menu support.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 04-26-2012, 11:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingtravler View Post

They only disabled the ISO reading not streaming in MKV and other forms so you can still stream DB with lite-menu support.

But doesn't it have to be direct connected storage (i.e. not over network)? I understood that was the case with iso not sure about other formats. Having to load on a drive and physically move it to oppo is a show stopper for me. Too inconvenient.
post #33 of 34 Old 04-27-2012, 11:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGray View Post

But doesn't it have to be direct connected storage (i.e. not over network)? I understood that was the case with iso not sure about other formats. Having to load on a drive and physically move it to oppo is a show stopper for me. Too inconvenient.

Is that related to the bluray association's recent announcement that a system has to have the BD present?

I only read a small snipit about that and it made me wonder if the current crop of media players with blurays would be rendered useless for future disc. Don't know if they can implement the requirement or if they're just posturing.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #34 of 34 Old 04-30-2012, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
You can stream MKV. I have not tried since the last update, but I read that streaming was not affected.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page