The Official Quested LT Series Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 41Likes

post #271 of 356 Old 05-23-2016, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
PRETERNATURAL IMMERSOPHIL

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1672 Post(s)
Liked: 914
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
The ZKY is coming 150 DEGREES HEMISPHERICAL DISPERSION COAXIAL FULL RANGE (12 " woofer Plus Z AMT)...Bi amped with filter card.

More details later this week! This could be the ulimate full frequency ATMOS FX SPEAKER, I wonder if it will be used in the British Dubbing Stage Andrew Poulain told me about( with custom questeds)....

To the couple of people I owe system designs, this has been the holdup! plus my fractured arm. and the usa holiday, and..
thxman likes this.

Sincerely, GC*
rAVe Best ATMOS DEMO CEDIA 2016. HOARDS AWARDS, ACCOLADES, 1ST ART CREDS.,WLD. RECORDS, & HI PERFORMANCE 16-24-32-48 CH. MIDI-PLF CINEMAS WW. - CUSTODIAN HIGH END IMMERSIVE CINEMAS TO SMPTE & ADV. IMAGING SOC. HELP Combat Channel Insufficiency with Altitude 48!*GC = GANGSTA C. genus: cineramus maximus. GC Twitter (Now staging Humanitarian Relief Aide to Great Bel-Air Circuit B-chain & 6P/HDR Projection Famine of 2017)

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 05-23-2016 at 08:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 356 Old 05-26-2016, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Really enjoying my LT-10s. Now I need a center. If anyone wants to sell an LT-10, or two LT-20s, let me know.
post #273 of 356 Old 06-13-2016, 05:36 AM - Thread Starter

Really Big News for Quested.

A young well capitalized entrepeneur named Stewart Downs ( which has been a quested friend of the family through mc2 for years, bought out Guy Lewis the managing partner of Roger. The plan is to take Quested to the next level. Congrats guys!
Boonyarat likes this.

Sincerely, GC*
rAVe Best ATMOS DEMO CEDIA 2016. HOARDS AWARDS, ACCOLADES, 1ST ART CREDS.,WLD. RECORDS, & HI PERFORMANCE 16-24-32-48 CH. MIDI-PLF CINEMAS WW. - CUSTODIAN HIGH END IMMERSIVE CINEMAS TO SMPTE & ADV. IMAGING SOC. HELP Combat Channel Insufficiency with Altitude 48!*GC = GANGSTA C. genus: cineramus maximus. GC Twitter (Now staging Humanitarian Relief Aide to Great Bel-Air Circuit B-chain & 6P/HDR Projection Famine of 2017)

post #274 of 356 Old 06-13-2016, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter

z 18 sub in Hyperion cinema in Istanbul

Billybobjimbob likes this.

Sincerely, GC*
post #275 of 356 Old 06-29-2016, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 588 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Ok guys. I have a dilemma. I really want the output of the LT20s and am close to purchasing them but have been told they aren't going to work anywhere near as good as the LT10s in my room (18'x34'x10'). I've been told that the LT20s were designed for much larger spaces and just don't behave as well in our larger home theater rooms.

So anyone that has them set up in a similar or smaller room please report if you have any issues as I would hate to purchase the LT10s and always wonder if the 20s would have been better. I will be adding a sub to each LCR so not so worried about the 40hz claimed output so much as behaving in confined spaces.

Thanks all!
post #276 of 356 Old 06-29-2016, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Bullocks the throw is the same on both models, specially with 35 feet to play. Someone is trying to unload a pair?

Spl is much more though and musicality, walter has a pair and when linearised, a synch with Triinov, he claims they may be better than Alcons...

But yeah the quested z18 he was eyeing to extend the lf plus lfe channel based Managed.

You can see the lt-20s in a smaller room Albiorix.

The lt-10's were subsequently elevated and toed down as much possible.

Sincerely, GC*
post #277 of 356 Old 06-29-2016, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Alex, In this thread 134dabear has a room less deep than yours and mixes the LT10s LCR into LFE of the zubs using an sbc800. I think this is the way Roger recommends. I have a much smaller room with z's and will probably do same with the Alt32. Sorry but have not listened to the LT10 or LT20 to comment on how they behave in a confined space.
audiovideoholic likes this.
post #278 of 356 Old 06-30-2016, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1490 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawat69 View Post
Alex, In this thread 134dabear has a room less deep than yours and mixes the LT10s LCR into LFE of the zubs using an sbc800. I think this is the way Roger recommends. I have a much smaller room with z's and will probably do same with the Alt32. Sorry but have not listened to the LT10 or LT20 to comment on how they behave in a confined space.
I am running my LT-10s actively in my room with Quested amps and a Trinnov Altitude.. MLP is 16' from screen. (28 ft depth). Awesome!

It's back!! Wine of the Week! Clos Martinet Tinto, Priorat DOCa, Spain ~$60. If you've not had a good Priorat, you've not truly tried Spain's smallest, yet most unique terroir.
My Home Theater of the Month- Le Petit Trianon
post #279 of 356 Old 06-30-2016, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
I am running my LT-10s actively in my room with Quested amps and a Trinnov Altitude.. MLP is 16' from screen. (28 ft depth). Awesome!
Hey bland, did you notice much difference going from passive to active on the LT-10s? And which amp are you using. Listening to your old one right now and loving it.
post #280 of 356 Old 06-30-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsow View Post
Hey bland, did you notice much difference going from passive to active on the LT-10s? And which amp are you using. Listening to your old one right now and loving it.
It is so hard to know. Seemingly the dialog is better but I can't honestly say if the improvement was monumental. As a whole, the system has never sounded better. I am also using a QSC Q-SYS Core for DSP and ran it digitally from the Altitude. On top of it all, I had a top notch calibrator dial all in (Adam Pelz). I am using the Quested 750 MK II (bridged for the bass driver and a 4 channel Quested Amp(similar to 750 MK II for the AMT drivers).

Glad you're enjoying! Great stuff. AMTs are the new 'horns'!

It's back!! Wine of the Week! Clos Martinet Tinto, Priorat DOCa, Spain ~$60. If you've not had a good Priorat, you've not truly tried Spain's smallest, yet most unique terroir.
post #281 of 356 Old 07-01-2016, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Quested is particularly happy with the analog crossover in the LT-10, there is little incremental value to bi-amping this unit, the LT-20's on the other hand definitely require extremely deliberate crossover tuning, a cynch with an Altitude crossover part of the system.

Sincerely, GC*
post #282 of 356 Old 07-01-2016, 11:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ok. So here's my situation. My wife has agreed to purchase 3 LT20s for me here within the next few days but I'm thinking of the big picture.

Would I be better of going with the LT20s as LCR with subs for each and then have 2 LT10s with subs for the front base level or go with 5 LT10s with subs? I honestly can't picture 5 LT20s with subs as the base layer. It just seems like they would be too close together. My current screen is 13' wide and wall is 18' wide.

What would be the proper way to set up the base 5 channels out of the three options?

Room is 18'x34'x10'. Seating 3 rows. First row at 12'-12.5'

1. 3 LT20s 2 LT10s 5 21" subs
2. 5 LT20s 5 21" subs
3. 5 LT10s 5 21" subs

I don't know how I will mount the actual speakers yet. Could use the Quested mounts to separate the cabinets from the subs and do away with my baffle wall or could use my current baffle wall which will place them above the subs.

Any and all opinions greatly appreciated. And and far as the LT20s needing more amps and EQ I will be purchasing an Altitude very soon as I'm selling a property which will leave me with some play money.
post #283 of 356 Old 07-01-2016, 12:19 PM

My room isn't much smaller than yours, actually very close to it. When I talked to Roger Quested when I was getting ready to buy my speakers he recommended against the 20s. Too much speaker for too small a space. I was willing to pay, but he thought it a mistake. That said, I'm pleased with the LT-10s running actively.

post #284 of 356 Old 07-01-2016, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Yes Jeff but Roger has not been to Albiorix and had a defective altitude at ISE, Walter has 3 lt-20's in a small room and he says that linearized with acourate it is a contender for the alcons the mid range driver adds musicality to the speaker, so his opinion is patially uniformed.

Had he listened to the 2 setups the lt-20 would mhave been favored simply because the altitude crosspver is seconf to none. If it was by Roger the Z16 is better than the lt-10. So if womone wants a beyma amt with am altitude, do not stop at the lt-10, i trust walter.

Sincerely, GC*
post #285 of 356 Old 07-01-2016, 08:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
Yes Jeff but Roger has not been to Albiorix and had a defective altitude at ISE, Walter has 3 lt-20's in a small room and he says that linearized with acourate it is a contender for the alcons the mid range driver adds musicality to the speaker, so his opinion is patially uniformed.

Had he listened to the 2 setups the lt-20 would mhave been favored simply because the altitude crosspver is seconf to none. If it was by Roger the Z16 is better than the lt-10. So if womone wants a beyma amt with am altitude, do not stop at the lt-10, i trust walter.
But what would you do if this was the size of your demo room which you were going to take advantage of the 5 screen base level outputs? Would you choose option 1 with the mix of 20s and 10s or option 3 with five 10s since I just can't see five 20s working as well as the other two options without more available spacing. I've just been so excited that I'm getting a completely new set up along with the Altitude that I totally didn't think about the left center and right center outputs since I've never even looked into the Altitude until just recently. Now if I could afford the Z16s I know what I would do but that would be Alcon territory.

I know me and once I get the Altitude I will be allocating all my play money funds towards using all its channels so need to plan for the front base set up now. I totally didn't even think about being able to have 5 wide across the front until I was looking at one of your builds yesterday and then the light bulb lit up above my head and then I immediately scratched my head pondering what would be best.
post #286 of 356 Old 07-01-2016, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

If I was going to do my own trinnov xovers the lt-20slcr and lt-10's but quite frankly the z16 andz8's exist for a reason UweW the owner of TRITON did double blind tests, while he was headbopping to the lt-10's saying he liked it, then Roger switched and he all of a sudden smiled and said "these are much better". But I know some of you are inclined to the lt series mains because well there are some forum members with it, and also the diy section is full of speakers with these drivers but i would do 3 z16 and 2 z8, to be sure.

Sincerely, GC*
post #287 of 356 Old 08-01-2016, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

LT-10 replaced by Z10 and new brackets for the lt-24

Heard from Roger today:

This is stuff Ive been asking since 2014.lol.

Attached is a photo of the bracket for the LT-24 mounted horizontally on a beam in the factory. We will have
better photos on the new web-site in the near future.

I am glad that you asked for the bracket, hope that this is what you had in mind, it is a much more elegant way
of mounting the speaker.

Also drawing of the Z10, this is exactly the same size as the LT10. I have mounted the AMT centrally as you asked,
This necessitated using the same ports as the studio monitor V3110 which has the same bass driver.

Performance is identical…stunning…

I have added 2 x input connectors to replace the terminal posts, one on the back the other on the side.

This should be the go to immersive speaker for those wanting big Quested sound at a budget. Jeff swears by them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ubracket for the lt-24.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	1577825  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Z10 LINE DWG Model (1).pdf (31.0 KB, 45 views)

Sincerely, GC*
post #288 of 356 Old 08-01-2016, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Nice that they are doing a Z10! Lol I'm in the club with a Pair of LT10s. Getting somewhere slowly. I like the idea of Z10s as surrounds if the specs are good. They won't be as loud as the LT10s for LCR/screen speakers correct?
post #289 of 356 Old 08-01-2016, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

They are the ideal lt-10 center channel. As per Roger above, they sound Identical the same drivers are just centered.

I'll call tomorrow and see if they are shipping.

Sincerely, GC*
post #290 of 356 Old 08-01-2016, 04:50 PM

Loving the AMTs and Ribbons. Those LT-10s just punch!

Where were these when I was mounting my LT2-4s??? Would've saved some time!!

post #291 of 356 Old 08-01-2016, 08:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Heard from Roger today:

This is stuff Ive been asking since 2014.lol.

Attached is a photo of the bracket for the LT-24 mounted horizontally on a beam in the factory. We will have
better photos on the new web-site in the near future.

I am glad that you asked for the bracket, hope that this is what you had in mind, it is a much more elegant way
of mounting the speaker.

Also drawing of the Z10, this is exactly the same size as the LT10. I have mounted the AMT centrally as you asked,
This necessitated using the same ports as the studio monitor V3110 which has the same bass driver.

Performance is identical…stunning…

I have added 2 x input connectors to replace the terminal posts, one on the back the other on the side.

This should be the go to immersive speaker for those wanting big Quested sound at a budget. Jeff swears by them.
These look like they might work for my setup - on the inner corner of a soffit, like Jeff (The Bland) had originally placed his speakers. It may not be "optimal" but it's probably the best place I can put them. What are the dimensions of the mounting bracket? The only other speaker I've seen with a suitable mounting system is by James. Peter, can you PM me price for 2 pairs of z10s and the mounts? thanks

Design by Rives...dollars by The Bogg

Click for my build thread
post #292 of 356 Old 08-02-2016, 12:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
They are the ideal lt-10 center channel. As per Roger above, they sound Identical the same drivers are just centered.

I'll call tomorrow and see if they are shipping.
Ok. So I would be better off ordering this single as opposed to the LT10 single. If that's the case yes check and that's what I will do Peter.
post #293 of 356 Old 08-02-2016, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bogg View Post
These look like they might work for my setup - on the inner corner of a soffit, like Jeff (The Bland) had originally placed his speakers. It may not be "optimal" but it's probably the best place I can put them. What are the dimensions of the mounting bracket? The only other speaker I've seen with a suitable mounting system is by James. Peter, can you PM me price for 2 pairs of z10s and the mounts? thanks
Sure will ask in a few hours, the z10 is much bigger , you are looking at the z24 (formerly lt-24).

The above pdf for the z10 shows the driver arrangement.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	z 10.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1579137  

Sincerely, GC*
post #294 of 356 Old 08-02-2016, 06:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 119
oh right, I see that now. So please send the prices for z24 and mounts then. thanks

Design by Rives...dollars by The Bogg

Click for my build thread
post #295 of 356 Old 08-02-2016, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic View Post
Ok. So I would be better off ordering this single as opposed to the LT10 single. If that's the case yes check and that's what I will do Peter.
Hi Alex, there are 8 being built, price is the same as for lt-10, I told Roger to hold one.
audiovideoholic likes this.

Sincerely, GC*
post #296 of 356 Old 08-02-2016, 08:44 AM

Hey Peter,

What's the difference with the LT-10 and Z10? Same 10" driver, new AMT, new dimensions??

Thanks!

post #297 of 356 Old 08-02-2016, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
Hey Peter,

What's the difference with the LT-10 and Z10? Same 10" driver, new AMT, new dimensions??

Thanks!
It has a centered driver arrangement but uses 2 smaller portholes to fit it all into the same cabinet. They sound identical (Roger said)Stunning!

Sincerely, GC*
post #298 of 356 Old 08-02-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
It has a centered driver arrangement but uses 2 smaller portholes to fit it all into the same cabinet. They sound identical (Roger said)Stunning!
I wish I could convey all the complements I get on this new system... all my regulars in my theater are just wowed by the new sound!!

post #299 of 356 Old 08-02-2016, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi Alex, there are 8 being built, price is the same as for lt-10, I told Roger to hold one.
Sounds good! Plan came together just in time.
post #300 of 356 Old 08-04-2016, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Really enjoying my LT-10s. Now I need a center. If anyone wants to sell an LT-10, or two LT-20s, let me know.
Dragon_Vibe had a few pairs of LT10's for sale, not too sure if they are still available but you can try contacting him yourself. I have just ordered 3x Z16's and some Z24's from him.

Ill post the reviews once I've got them setup.
thxman likes this.

Last edited by Zkarbani; 08-04-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page