The Official Quested LT Series Thread - Page 8 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-13-2015, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 38
sounds exciting. But at the same time it's such a moving target with new models coming out before old models have even been made that my head is spinning. Any canucks with Questeds? I'd love to go hear them in someone's ht locally if possible....

Design by Rives...dollars by The Bogg

Click for my build thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2015, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bogg View Post
sounds exciting. But at the same time it's such a moving target with new models coming out before old models have even been made that my head is spinning. Any canucks with Questeds? I'd love to go hear them in someone's ht locally if possible....
Get your passport and take a boat ride to Detroit next Month at Jeff's. See you there, besides you will hear the warmth of the RS-20i and the naturalness of AURO in glorious action.

Right Jeff? the Bogg will be your guest of honor? We have room for another pair of Canadian buddies from the mountains, you know who you are....

We are laying down the thin red line, Le Petit Trianon against the top three CEDIA demos and the top three ISE demos. Tall order.You be the Judge.

If I fail , I promise to go asking for forgiveness to Peter at Steinway after bailing out of a 250k order at Skoll. Word! Steinway or Wisdom however humiliating the prodigal son role demanded of me, i'll crawl the mud. I'm even willing to subject myself to hazing in Jeff's backyard on Youtube.

Let me be your personal Dramamine on the head spin department. For now I'm pazzing on the zzzzz... except the zeiling which I may borrow one to try at Jeff's since it is devoid of the micro amt. The rest I deem (form third party impressions) ideal for diminutive Albionic metropolitan abodes for which reportedly they were designed. Not interested in medium sized sound, like our esteemed colleague clamors for more wood, and yet more wood for the coffered ceilings I clamor for Texas sized wide and deepsound-stages, if I don't hear chunks of Tony Stark's house rearing their heads from the behind the screen heights coming my way overhead then ricocheting on the porthole glass, it flunks muster in the farfield dept.

While I am focusing on bigger than life on the screen 7-8 speaker battery, I'm convinced that for most theaters you need the natural sounding ribbons Lt-8 and Lt-24 for the (speaker group 3: off screen surrounds for those following the new Maxim of 2/11 that partitions the 32 channel layout in Group 1: LCR, Group 2: screen to room transition (1st Heights and first widths). The Maxim then calls for prioritizing assignment of budget equipment allocations based on the same percentages of signal preponderance as psycho-acoustical perceived or through SMPTE standard mixing methods. IE. DAC and Amplification resources need to be assigned in hierarchical fashion to Group 1, Premium amps only for Group 2 with short speaker cable runs for transitional consistency, and group 3 whatever Quested recommends..

So lt-10's are fine by me for 8 fronts unless of course you are in the professional soundstage environ where the Lt-10's are thus used (22 for Proteus) in surround widths and heights and where we go for very very wide (world record for an amt) soundstages and something Atmos can certify as PREMIER RANK due to it's near Utopic directivity.

Im speaking of the C-115 (C it's not for cineramax, it's for coaxial/cinema, Right Roger!) those are to be used for LCR's with a choice of high end filtered 2 channel amps from Q or from D'. Yes C-115 filtered from D' as they fanless class A amps, for when you place your amps correctly next to the speakers and not from noisy 10 meter speaker cable runs.

Logical? Yes class a amps sitting behind the screen cabled with fancy short runs of speaker cable, 2021 dac technology for the LCR, what can you do in the realm of 32 speaker channel Trinnov computer audio. At the risk of sounding as an audiophile I ask like Rodney Dangerfield to give the screen array (7-8 speaker) some respect.

So here you go NAQC "North American Quested-Curious" come and monitor if Jeff's is indeed the best theater sound of CEDIA 2014 and ISE 2015, because neither Jeff nor I take take this stuff lightly and we challenge North America to prove us wrong.

Jeff how is the Ref + 10 experiment going?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Proteus-Atmos-Layout-webFIXSMALL.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	482.2 KB
ID:	543969  

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 02-13-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
Get your passport and take a boat ride to Detroit next Month at Jeff's. See you there, besides you will hear the warmth of the RS-20i and the naturalness of AURO in glorious action.

Right Jeff? the Bogg will be your guest of honor? We have room for another pair of Canadian buddies from the mountains, you know who you are....

We are laying down the thin red line, Le Petit Trianon against the top three CEDIA demos and the top three ISE demos. Tall order.You be the Judge.

If I fail , I promise to go asking for forgiveness to Peter at Steinway after bailing out of a 250k order at Skoll. Word! Steinway or Wisdom however humiliating the prodigal son role demanded of me, i'll crawl the mud. I'm even willing to subject myself to hazing in Jeff's backyard on Youtube.

Let me be your personal Dramamine on the head spin department. For now I'm pazzing on the zzzzz... except the zeiling which I may borrow one to try at Jeff's since it is devoid of the micro amt. The rest I deem (form third party impressions) ideal for diminutive Albionic metropolitan abodes for which reportedly they were designed. Not interested in medium sized sound, like our esteemed colleague clamors for more wood, and yet more wood for the coffered ceilings I clamor for Texas sized wide and deepsound-stages, if I don't hear chunks of Tony Stark's house rearing their heads from the behind the screen heights coming my way overhead then ricocheting on the porthole glass, it flunks muster in the farfield dept.

While I am focusing on bigger than life on the screen 7-8 speaker battery, I'm convinced that for most theaters you need the natural sounding ribbons Lt-8 and Lt-24 for the (speaker group 3: off screen surrounds for those following the new Maxim of 2/11 that partitions the 32 channel layout in Group 1: LCR, Group 2: screen to room transition (1st Heights and first widths). The Maxim then calls for prioritizing assignment of budget equipment allocations based on the same percentages of signal preponderance as psycho-acoustical perceived or through SMPTE standard mixing methods. IE. DAC and Amplification resources need to be assigned in hierarchical fashion to Group 1, Premium amps only for Group 2 with short speaker cable runs for transitional consistency, and group 3 whatever Quested recommends..

So lt-10's are fine by me for 8 fronts unless of course you are in the professional soundstage environ where the Lt-10's are thus used (22 for Proteus) in surround widths and heights and where we go for very very wide (world record for an amt) soundstages and something Atmos can certify as PREMIER RANK due to it's near Utopic directivity.

Im speaking of the C-115 (C it's not for cineramax, it's for coaxial/cinema, Right Roger!) those are to be used for LCR's with a choice of high end filtered 2 channel amps from Q or from D'. Yes C-115 filtered from D' as they fanless class A amps, for when you place your amps correctly next to the speakers and not from noisy 10 meter speaker cable runs.

Logical? Yes class a amps sitting behind the screen cabled with fancy short runs of speaker cable, 2021 dac technology for the LCR, what can you do in the realm of 32 speaker channel Trinnov computer audio. At the risk of sounding as an audiophile I ask like Rodney Dangerfield to give the screen array (7-8 speaker) some respect.

So here you go NAQC "North American Quested-Curious" come and monitor if Jeff's is indeed the best theater sound of CEDIA 2014 and ISE 2015, because neither Jeff nor I take take this stuff lightly and we challenge North America to prove us wrong.

Jeff how is the Ref + 10 experiment going?
Cineramax, are you proposing going digital out from the Trinnov (or Datasat) to the front three channel DACs? How/where is volume being controlled?
Old 02-14-2015, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

In the trinnov is just like the volume going up or down with the content playing ,explosion loud, bedroom scene low. Same thing.

In triton the distance from the projection room is too far so i want to run line level snake, aes snake, and 4 subs analog out of the Altitude.

In my converstaion with different dac manufacturers there seems no need to gang the volume together like in Theta.

So we give importance to the screen channels 1) LCR and 2) the transition screens. We want to test the Mola-Mola dac that seems years ahead for lcr and possibly Vog?

there are * x lt-10 behind screen, 3 lcrLF qsb118 subs, plus a .1 going to STS pair left over from previous wisdom l75 system that moves to Family room.

Besidesthe first 2 heigths and first 3 widths, there are 8 lt-24 in room for surround ceiling because the room MLP is one seat we are spacing together aiming everything at the one seat, there is a quested VOG ceiling above the seat, there are 4 vertical lt-24 on stands (vertical d'appolitos is ok specially if not distanced too far appart to eliminate nulls around 1500 (there is a formula for half the distance in the drivers as long as distance is short there will be smooth HF.

Surround base
8 ceilings plus one vog, 4 perside , 4 per back, 4 monster kevlar subs in two zones back stacked(need to add), 2 .1 front, 3 lcr sub, and 8 speakers behind screen like auro dtsx, with approved Variance by B Crockett to do due to such a large 21 foot wide screen. So all in all 32 channels and 38 speaker subs.

Ceiling speakers are on adjustable track system Y/Z movement.

29 speakers and 9 subs (1 short of the JBL's GOLD WINNING 39 at CEDIA) this is going to Rock too!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TRITON-LAYOUT-VERSION-1=LARGE.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	546601  

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 02-20-2015 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:16 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Will the Mola-Mola dac be available as a stand alone product? I thought it would just be an insert card for their pre amp.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeno View Post
Will the Mola-Mola dac be available as a stand alone product? I thought it would just be an insert card for their pre amp.
Yes READ AGAIN (it has one better spec too than card) but I am initiating several inquiries to make a modular box of 8 or 16 to use in the atmos Neves mixing console they are using 96 24 dacs from 2001!!!!! Going into Meyers ice powered horns.

The idea for HT is you pop 4 channels to take care of LCR and VOG and then you can add 2 more for the screen transition channels later. Then if you can afford the entire 32 well....
Old 02-20-2015, 03:52 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well we finished our install yesterday and Neil from Genesis came along to calibrate.
I can say for sure that the little Quested LT 24 is a incredible little speaker, we crossed over at 80hz with the quested x12
subs and with no problems or the slightest distortion we was hitting 115 + db peaks.
Very clean and detailed sound.
Very happy customer :-)
Old 02-20-2015, 03:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by abone View Post
Well we finished our install yesterday and Neil from Genesis came along to calibrate.
I can say for sure that the little Quested LT 24 is a incredible little speaker, we crossed over at 80hz with the quested x12
subs and with no problems or the slightest distortion we was hitting 115 + db peaks.
The room looked lovely also mate... Very clean and tidy! Top notch.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:51 AM

Thanks Nick,
We are all happy with the finished project it looks and sounds great. In a few more months we will most likely be fitting some hight channels for atmos etc and a Kaleidescape cinema one.
Iceing on the cake :-)
Old 02-20-2015, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Thanks Nick,
We are all happy with the finished project it looks and sounds great. In a few more months we will most likely be fitting some hight channels for atmos etc and a Kaleidescape cinema one.
Iceing on the cake :-)
great to hear.congrats.

Roger appears to have pre-empted the utilization potential of audiophile amps like the D'agostino by doubling the power handling capability of the new LT-10c (centered with x-bow Beyma 200). It now takes 1,550watts @4 , ouch!
Old 02-21-2015, 03:02 AM

I'm sure they sound awesome, I'm quite keen to play around with some of the other models.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It's been a while, but they are finally here !
Unfortunately, it will be at least a month before it is all unpacked.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Q1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	572337   Click image for larger version

Name:	Q2.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	572345  
Old 02-28-2015, 12:58 AM - Thread Starter
Old 03-01-2015, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
You went for one of his Barco Residential set-ups? Or what did you you choose for display?
Old 03-02-2015, 12:07 AM

We installed the little sony HW40 because the guy was on quite a tight budget.
It would have been nice to have used the Barco Orion with the native 2.35 chip set but that could be a future upgrade ;-)
Old 03-18-2015, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I enjoyed my LT20 and did not find the AMT Overpowering as you claim, and found my processor tamed it very well during Dirac optimisation.
I was planning to keep mines for music only as im giving up on HT.

Roger at quested did suggest we can change the tweeter for the LT20 to a shorter throw distance but the bass will be overpowering and will require some form of room optimisation which I don't wish to use anymore. I want to keep a strictly 2 channel music system, I think the New Z Series are designed for having a even shorter throw distance.

3 X Quested LT20 Total: $11,700.00 For all 3!
2 X Quested LT10 Total: $4,800.00 for Pair
4 X Quested LT8 Total: $4,000.00 ALL 4 SOLD!!!
3 X Quested AP1550 Amplifiers with Filter Cards Installed used as Mono Blocks for the LT20 Loudspeaker $5700.00 for all 3 Amplifiers.
2 x Quested AP750 Amplifiers $ $2450.00 for both amplifiers.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassfeen View Post
I enjoyed my LT20 and did not find the AMT Overpowering as you claim, and found my processor tamed it very well during Dirac optimisation.
I was planning to keep mines for music only as im giving up on HT.

Roger at quested did suggest we can change the tweeter for the LT20 to a shorter throw distance but the bass will be overpowering and will require some form of room optimisation which I don't wish to use anymore. I want to keep a strictly 2 channel music system, I think the New Z Series are designed for having a even shorter throw distance.
YOU ARE PREACHING TO THE CHOIR...

FOR 32 SPEAKERS THOUGH...

row 1- the apes mouth...... row 2- the apes nose.... row 3-the apes eye

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 03-19-2015 at 01:09 AM.