Christie Entero LED - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 07-01-2012, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all, Im thinking of building my HT next year and at the moment Im not sure if I'll be going with front or rear projector. However I have the opportunity to grab a Christie WUXGA LED illuminated DLP® rear screen tiling projector. I know the projector is mainly for room controls but I cant see why it wouldn't work as a HT projector. I have a few Qs to ask:

Given the lumen out put of 600 ANSI will it be adequate as a HT PJ? and will the light output be enough to be used as a front PJ?
Does any one has any experience with this particular projector?

Any comments are welcome. Thank you all.

more info:http://www.christiedigital.com/en-us/video-walls/video-wall-solutions/rear-screen-projectors/led-based-projection/pages/wuxga-dlp-led-based-projection.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 04:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by exomoons View Post

Hi all, Im thinking of building my HT next year and at the moment Im not sure if I'll be going with front or rear projector. However I have the opportunity to grab a Christie WUXGA LED illuminated DLP® rear screen tiling projector. I know the projector is mainly for room controls but I cant see why it wouldn't work as a HT projector. I have a few Qs to ask:
Given the lumen out put of 600 ANSI will it be adequate as a HT PJ? and will the light output be enough to be used as a front PJ?
Does any one has any experience with this particular projector?
Any comments are welcome. Thank you all.
more info:http://www.christiedigital.com/en-us/video-walls/video-wall-solutions/rear-screen-projectors/led-based-projection/pages/wuxga-dlp-led-based-projection.aspx

Jim Burns rebrands these things for front projection , so the answer is yes, I guess.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

That's certainly good to hear, thanks for the reply. Since this projector is somewhat not intended for HT I dont expect many replies but please do leave your comments if anything pops into mind.
post #4 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Use a high gain screen, say 2.0

Mike Miles

ICR [ Sales Consulting and Small Part-Time AV shop, very small...  ]

Process Integration, Inc. [ contract sales consultant ]

Eastern Shore of Maryland

post #5 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
why not use the readily-available Runco,DPI, or Sim2 LED projectors?

Is there a special install circumstance?

Dan

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
C'SEED Entertainment Systems GMBH
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #6 of 9 Old 07-03-2012, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Well the reason is I can get it for a good price...since the lens throw is quite short at 0.64 Im planning to have it setup as rear projection and eliminate all the hardware out of sight. But if it had to be installed as front projection I just want to make sure there's enough brightness and the room will be light controlled. Thanks for the suggestions I'll look into high gain screen.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-03-2012, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Ah did they actually manage to bring it up to spec? Last time I saw it it was still at 450 lumens max. A new firmware was scheduled to offer (full) control over the sequential RGB overlap times allowing the output to be raised, that was the small cubes (not microtiles, but regular small cubes). I see you are looking at the seperate projection module/unit. If you are looking at the 1080P version it is only specced at 540 lumens max. http://www.christiedigital.com/en-us/video-walls/video-wall-solutions/rear-screen-projectors/led-based-projection/pages/hd-dlp-led.aspx.

I found the 400/450 actual lumens cube rather dim at ISE (two years ago?).

There's an AVS forum member here that got his demo Runco at under $5K. Considerably below list or going price, but an acquaintance of mine was quoted $5K for the base model and 2K more, as being the dealer price, when these were first launched, so they quickly started to go halfway between msrp and dealer price around 10K in the US.

So it all depends on that good price of yours and indeed nothing beats getting an actual rear-pro unit on a rear projection, set-up so if you consider it bright enough, go for it.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-03-2012, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Yes this is the WUXGA model, which I think is the top of the Entero series. Ive never done a rear projection setup before so this should be exciting. I'm getting it for below 5K, considering MSRP is 25K+ I think Im not doing too bad.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-24-2012, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Just wondering if any one knows what is DIPC. It says in the manual "Pixel rates above 150 MHz require DIPC" and I dont know what they mean by DIPC.
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page