Any educated guesses as to "Ansi" contrast on this top of the line Barco LED wall product? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-21-2012, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
This is the finest line of Barco's LED wall product. The finest pitched resolution and the best blacks. If doing a 1080P 16x9 image it's 30' wide. A sales representative I wanted to ask about the ansi contrast figure said it is spectacular looking at one screen width back. And made another pretty amazing claim as to how close you could actually get and have it look still great .....but I would have to see that in person....sounded almost too good to be true.

But I couldn't get even a conservative estimate from them for the ansi figure. Danced all around it with "no standards for how to measure it"....and so on. But the on / off is 3500:1 I believe at the upper end of its output. And reading below which I copied from their site it says they have a "light trap shader design" and this allows the image to look great even in bright ambient light. I would think that kind of design would also lend itself to greatly preserving ansi contrast. Maybe to an amazing degree in a low ambient light environment? Isn't 1000:1 about the best that can be gotten with light controlled projection and DLP?

Would love anyone's thoughts that might know about this display technology. Over past year I have worked a few times as camera person for some large press events.... and this product mixed with standard projection and amazing sets and budgets is very cool to see at work. I don't think I have seen this finest top of the line product though.

http://www.barco.com/en/products-solutions/led-displays/indoor-led-displays/466mm-pixel-pitch-2000-nits-true-black-surface-mounted-led-tile.aspx

NX4s panels:

Black and bright
Deepest level of black thanks to the use of black silicon resin instead of the traditional white epoxy
Light trap shader design
Phenomenal contrast ratio of 3,500:1
Seamless and lightweight

Consistent uniformity over time
Extremely high brightness levels, thanks to the use of highly efficient LED chips and lower LED temperatures
Slow aging process of the LED and greater degree of reliability in humid operating conditions, thanks to the use of silicon instead of epoxy resin
Exceptional display stability and uniformity over time thanks to 'tri-color' LED calibration
Brilliant colors, breathtaking grayscales

16-bit processing and new “tri-color” calibration on all three colors
New levels of color depth (281 trillion colors), uniformity, and grayscale
Vibrant images with deep, uniform colors across the entire display surface thanks to a tight selection of LEDs and 16- bit processing power - the color triangle of the NX4s is actually wider than the HDTV standard