Sony 4k PROJECTOR at Pflanz. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 11-25-2012, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
All this talk about the Sony 4k TV, and we would just like to remind all you enthusiasts that we have had the Sony 4k Projecter on display for over a year now. The projector obviously has a larger viewing area and is available at less cost to consumers.

Now even better, we actually have 4k Content provided by Sony so you can see the true beauty. Although upscaling is fantastic too.

Don't forget about the projectors! A much better value to us all!

Forgive the poor picture quality, only had time to bust out my cracked smartphone =P

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-26-2012, 07:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 488
A very nice ad. Cleaverly done.

When did Sony provide you with 4K content, what 4K content do you have specifically, and how are you storing it and delivering it to the projector. Do you have the content and delivey package Sony has promised purchasers of its 4K panel?.

Mark Haflich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

call me at: 240 876 2536
post #3 of 11 Old 11-26-2012, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Sony provided certain dealers that have been selling Sony for a long time with some 4k content. They are simple clips like a train roaming the country side and the trailer for The Amazing Spiderman and a few other random things. Storage? A computer hard drive.

Sorry if you took this as an ad but I posted this more as to get the awareness of 4k out there in the future. We just like to inform the public of the newest technology that is available that they might not know about.
post #4 of 11 Old 11-26-2012, 08:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

There are several threads about the Sony 4K projectors and new panel. Your post says your company in Iowa has the projector on display. Nothing wrong with that and hopefully it might get you some business. My question is how are you delivering the sample 4K trailer etc material to your demo. Has Sony given you any info on the 4K content and delivery system they will be giving purchsasers of their 4K panel?

As to the costs, assuming you are in compliace with Sony's sure pricing policy, once you add a suitable 4K quality scren to the projector price, the costs would be about the same.

Mark Haflich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 11 Old 11-27-2012, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Flanzzone has (part of) a very old demoreel, that has been around since 2004/5, when Sony started demoing the SRX-R 105.

Sony is now providing 4K material with its new TV set.

4k native movies pre-loaded provided with the 84XBR900 http://blog.sony.com/sony-4k-content on November 19th.

"In the next couple of weeks, the XBR-84X900 television will ship to customers who placed pre-orders since the product introduction in September. As an extra bonus, included free with the purchase will be the world’s first 4K Ultra HD delivery solution, complete with pre-loaded, native 4K entertainment. Not some goofy 4K content shot as a demo. I’m talking full length feature Hollywood productions, and available exclusively to purchasers of Sony’s 84” 4K Ultra HD TV."
post #6 of 11 Old 11-28-2012, 03:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldk View Post

Flanzzone has (part of) a very old demoreel, that has been around since 2004/5, when Sony started demoing the SRX-R 105.
Sony is now providing 4K material with its new TV set.
4k native movies pre-loaded provided with the 84XBR900 http://blog.sony.com/sony-4k-content on November 19th.
"In the next couple of weeks, the XBR-84X900 television will ship to customers who placed pre-orders since the product introduction in September. As an extra bonus, included free with the purchase will be the world’s first 4K Ultra HD delivery solution, complete with pre-loaded, native 4K entertainment. Not some goofy 4K content shot as a demo. I’m talking full length feature Hollywood productions, and available exclusively to purchasers of Sony’s 84” 4K Ultra HD TV."

Thanks. That info has been and posted for a while but the burning question still remains, what delivery system will Sony be providing and will it also be given or made available for $ to owners or purchasers of the 1000ES. Some have even postulated it could be the Red player and that Red is partnering with Sony as a content provider. But this at this point is entirely speculation. The real situation should be evident on Friday with a major announcement about the Redray player (selling price), content and content distribution.

I love it when a dealer makes a hey I have it on display post put up by a new forum member with only very very minimal posts and then just diisappears. I had so many questions to ask such as how many hours on their bulb what is their lumens out at those hours etc etc.

Mark Haflich

post #7 of 11 Old 11-28-2012, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 16
4 posts, but 'show all posts' only shows three.

Probably low hours.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-30-2012, 08:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I am surprised they haven't been back to tell all about the sony 4K loaner server and the content it will have and that they will have one soon. I am booking my ticket to Iowa right now.

Mark Haflich

post #9 of 11 Old 11-30-2012, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry we can not post every day but we do a lot of buisness for having under 15 employees and I cant log in every day as I have customers to take care of.

To answer some questions we do not look at how many hours are on our bulb every day. We have had it on display since last year and we demo the projector in our $125,000 theater room whenever a customer asks to see 4k. Which isn't every day.

The 4k content that Sony provided us is on what they call a "server", but its actually just an expensive computer tower. We all know 4k has been around for years but is just now making its way into consumer hands. I hope that answer your delivery method question that is so important. Obviously Computers are still way ahead of televisions and probably soon to be outdone by smartphones.
post #10 of 11 Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 102
I think maybe, you are not too familiar with the knowledge base of the posters here in the AVS forum, or you are just trying to promote your businesses (which I thought was not allowed without a deal with the forum owners).

Some of the responses you have gotten is from people that have owned the VW1000 for quite some time.

There are several threads here at AVS for this projector.

The main thread was started 9/7/11, has 3589 posts and 222,776 views. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1359018/sony-vpl-vw1000

You can read through it and see the level of knowledge about this projector from owners here at the AVS forum.

Maybe you learn something new. wink.gif
post #11 of 11 Old 11-30-2012, 10:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Let's take future discussions to the existing threads on this projector.

Thanks everyone

Ron

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Closed Thread Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page