Citation 7.3 Surround Speaker Phase/Polarity Problem. In need of Help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-27-2012, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter
els

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Somehow I wound up owning two Right Channel white speakers, and two Left Channel black speakers. These speakers are designed to come in a Right/Left pair, and I want to change one of each color speaker to the opposite channel.

My problem is that there is no way to get inside the speakers to perform what I believe would be a simple change of a couple of wires-however it is impossible to get inside the speakers, or pull out the terminals and gain access to make the change,

I wonder if I were to change the polarity at either the amplifier or at the speaker terminal so that one speaker iis out of phase could solve the problem.

Please give me your thoughts or suggestions, as I have exhausted my brainpower.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, comments or observations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-28-2012, 04:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 166
I used to own these. Could be wrong but i think the L and R are physical driver placement differences and not phase related. Changing the phase is as easy as reversing the wires on one of the speakers.

My Home Theater of the Month- Le Petit Trianon

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #3 of 3 Old 11-29-2012, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter
els

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

I used to own these. Could be wrong but i think the L and R are physical driver placement differences and not phase related. Changing the phase is as easy as reversing the wires on one of the speakers.

Thanks so much for the reply. I was thinking the path of changing one of the wires could address my issue.

Once again, the wisdom, knowledge, and support withing the AVS Forum proves Awesome!!!!
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page