Official DataSat RS20i thread. (Setup Tips, Questions,General Info, etc) - Page 127 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 433Likes

post #3781 of 3785 Old Today, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkale View Post
.... and nothing is better or better designed.
It is a poorly kept secret that the hardware designer of the RS20i is the same fella that crafted the highly regarded and coveted Theta Casablanca some 12 years before he crafted the AP20/RS20i. You can buy into the 'flash in the pan' marketing spin of Cinemike if you like, but evidence and history is on my side.

Last edited by Carl_Huff; Today at 12:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3782 of 3785 Old Today, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_Huff View Post
It is a poorly kept secret that the hardware designer behind the RS20i is the same fella that crafted the highly regarded and coveted Theta Casablanca some 12 years before he crafted the AP20/RS20i. You can buy into 'flash in the pan' marketing spin if you like, but history is on my side.
post #3783 of 3785 Old Today, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Without assuming anything about the work that Cinemike does (I have no personal experience) I do accept the analogy provided by masterkale in respect to the benefits to performance that careful and considered aftermarket modifications can achieve. I am probably equal parts open minded to the possible improvements that a Cinemike modification can provide while also somewhat wary/sceptical (noting Carl's expertise around the RS20i and relevant parts used).

The price asked for the Cinemike modifications is high but if the end user thinks it is worth it then I expect only that is what matters to them.

I do appreciate masterkale sharing his thoughts on his unit while also valuing the corresponding different perspectives etc provided by any other member.
post #3784 of 3785 Old Today, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1579 Post(s)
Liked: 1007
[QUOTE=Masterkale;46260137I will stop the discussion because you think you got the best equipment anyway.... and nothing is better or better designed.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I have no clue if I have the "best equipment" nor did I say I did. But I am very comfortable saying it is one of the best. But, that is not what we are discussing. Enjoy your meds. If you are happy with them that is all that really counts.
post #3785 of 3785 Old Today, 05:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
I have no clue if I have the "best equipment" nor did I say I did. But I am very comfortable saying it is one of the best. But, that is not what we are discussing. Enjoy your meds. If you are happy with them that is all that really counts.

I got a good laugh when I read "enjoy your meds". Then I realized you meant "mods"....

I agree 100%. The CB has its strengths; but it also has its weaknesses. The Datasat may not be "the best equipment" to everyone, but it sure is not second class compared to the Theta.

Current Equipment: Datasat LS10 w/ Atmos and DIRAC. Datasat RA7300, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), Aerial Acoustics LR3's (sides), RBH in-walls (rears), Seaton Submersive, Marantz VP15s1, 106" Carada BW screen, Oppo BDP-103.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page