Official DataSat RS20i thread. (Setup Tips, Questions,General Info, etc) - Page 76 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 57Likes

post #2251 of 2251 Old Today, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All

I need some advice. Since the last software update on the Datasat RS20i, I have been having a lot of HDMI handshake issues between my Oppo 103D and the Datasat. I only pass the audio signal from the second Oppo output suing the spit A/v function. The Datasat does no video processing at all and has nothing connected to the HDMI output connection.

In order to establish the handshake I have had to turn off and on the Datasat a couple of time and then the handshake occurs. I change input to say Apple TV and then go back to the Oppo input it will not switch sound back I have turn the Datasat off again. Since last night its got even worse, I am not getting any sound through the HDMI inputs. The GUI shows No Audio on the upper right hand corner.

I have tried different cables and different sources to no avail. The Optical (Toslink) and Coaxial inputs seem to be unaffected. My delaer commented that the HDMI card is very sensitive to the current being carried via HDMI cables. The dealer thinks the HDMI card will need to be replaced.

I would appreciate any suggestions on things to double check or try to get this working in case its not the HDMI card

Thanks for your help

yapota
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page