Official DataSat RS20i thread. (Setup Tips, Questions,General Info, etc) - Page 84 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 79Likes

post #2491 of 2494 Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM
IMMERSION GURU

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasalle View Post
Does anyone know if Datasat has committed to supporting Dirac Unison? I understand Dirac Unison is do to be released in the next year and unlike Dirac live it will optimize multiple subs discretely on separate channels. The challenge with that is it takes channels so a Atmos 9.1.6 becomes a 7.4.4. The current base management on the RS20i will mix the LFE into the L,R,Ls,Rs if they are set to large and base management is set to no subs. If you crossed over 4 subs with full range speakers on those channels would Dirac Unison's bass management handle them optimally
(and effectively change the channel capability from 15.1 to 16.4)?
Hi Brad, good questions, will ask their techs. If it has to treat each 4 as a channel quite a trade-off. If by adding an expansion card just for the bass I would be happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2492 of 2494 Old Today, 12:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
That was my original idea but alas wrong for 1 (for 2 should be right.:-)). For 1 You need to net furthest distance MINUS closest speaker distance differential to plug figure.
The farthest speaker has 0 delay. The others according to difference to farthest relative to listening position. Should work correctly.
post #2493 of 2494 Old Today, 01:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhafner View Post
The farthest speaker has 0 delay. The others according to difference to farthest relative to listening position. Should work correctly.
Just be aware physical distances don't work for subs generally, measured distances using REW are best.
post #2494 of 2494 Old Today, 02:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookii View Post
Just be aware physical distances don't work for subs generally, measured distances using REW are best.
(Very) Low frequencies are not delay sensitive, are they?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)