Official DataSat RS20i thread. (Setup Tips, Questions,General Info, etc) - Page 85 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 104Likes
post #2521 of 2534 Unread 07-24-2015, 03:57 PM
IMMERSION GURU

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2524 of 2534 Unread 07-25-2015, 02:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
THIS IS LINK TO VIDEOS OF CALIBRATION:

I will post plots before that show those LR c4's were sited optimaly in a great acoustically treated room, what surpised me is that I knew it sounded great but the plots are very revelatory of the synergy between dyn c4 speaker siting and Audiophile Torus Room design.

Not bad?
Very interesting, have you any idea when we will have access to Dirac 2? Datasat told me last week they didn't have it running yet and were waiting for Dirac to sort it out.
post #2525 of 2534 Unread 07-25-2015, 09:13 AM
IMMERSION GURU

For DIY it will take longer but if you hire the datasat guy they have it, funny thing the one is completely replaced.

Also and this is a tease by the time UHD Bluray comes out.....contemporary to that time frame you may expect and upgrade for signal compliance right around that time. Say no more say no more.:-)
joerod and HTsHT like this.
post #2526 of 2534 Unread 07-25-2015, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
Awesome! Thanks. Looking forward to the videos.

Any Atmos updates???

Great as usual, Peter.
Hi Guys,

Looking to purchase an RS20i in the UK. If I buy a U.S. model and import it here what's the situation regarding warranty and support(upgrades etc..)?

Thanks in advance
post #2527 of 2534 Unread 07-25-2015, 11:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous247 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
Awesome! Thanks. Looking forward to the videos.

Any Atmos updates???

Great as usual, Peter.
Hi Guys,

Looking to purchase an RS20i in the UK. If I buy a U.S. model and import it here what's the situation regarding warranty and support(upgrades etc..)?

Thanks in advance
I don't know how Datasat handles it but with Lexicon you were even refused to get repairs here in Europe for US models! I know when I asked Datasat for a quote for an LS10 they offered me one ex-works from the states even though I live in Germany. So they might see it differently.
Bottom line is, that I personally would spend a bit more and have a 'local' partner for such an investment. But that is my opinion!

ADDENDUM: I just got confirmation that Datasat has a policy like Lexicon NOT to handle units bought outside the buyers territory!
markrubin and Mr. Integration like this.

Last edited by westmd; Yesterday at 02:00 AM.
post #2528 of 2534 Unread Yesterday, 04:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by westmd View Post
I don't know how Datasat handles it but with Lexicon you were even refused to get repairs here in Europe for US models! I know when I asked Datasat for a quote for an LS10 they offered me one ex-works from the states even though I live in Germany. So they might see it differently.
Bottom line is, that I personally would spend a bit more and have a 'local' partner for such an investment. But that is my opinion!

ADDENDUM: I just got confirmation that Datasat has a policy like Lexicon NOT to handle units bought outside the buyers territory!
Thanks for all the advice guys...I can't PM due to my newbie status, but thanks again for the wise words of advice. I'll purchase here in the UK
joerod likes this.
post #2529 of 2534 Unread Yesterday, 09:58 AM
post #2530 of 2534 Unread Yesterday, 12:35 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Me too !

Considering we have installed and designed theaters and audio rooms all over the world including Dubai, Israel, England and even president Mubarak's palace back in the day.

My vendors know I'm not going to step on another dealers feet.

They really just don't want for instance someone like Cineramax for instance calling on my customers and trying to sell them a Datasat if I was already selling them one.. Otherwise vendors understand this is a big world and there's room for most everyone

Craig
markrubin likes this.
post #2531 of 2534 Unread Today, 01:34 AM
IMMERSION GURU

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGI View Post
Me too !

Considering we have installed and designed theaters and audio rooms all over the world including Dubai, Israel, England and even president Mubarak's palace back in the day.

My vendors know I'm not going to step on another dealers feet.

They really just don't want for instance someone like Cineramax for instance calling on my customers and trying to sell them a Datasat if I was already selling them one.. Otherwise vendors understand this is a big world and there's room for most everyone

Craig
Actually it was the other way around, one of your clients insisted I had sold him his previous Casablanca, and I swore I did not recall, but he insisted. Jeff cleared it up. Sorry to tell ya, but I am the very first Datasat home theater dealer, so in this case .....hope the conflicting client scenario does not play.
Billybobjimbob likes this.
post #2532 of 2534 Unread Today, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked: 128
I think we are talking here about two different things. Obviously if I spend many thosands of Euros, Dollars pr Egyptian pounds to fly in a home cinema designer from another continent I won't mind spending some money for Datasat updated/repairs to be done there too with all inflicting costs like postage, customs, etc.
What I was referring to were people who build everything themselves and want to save some money by importing units either by a good currency exchange rate or different prices due to other economical reasons. Now this savings are easily 'eaten' up if the unit is nimot repaired or updated in my territory and if I have to return it to the States! A Datasat LS10 including Auro has a suggested retail price here in Germany of around 15,500?. The US price is 14,000$. Not long ago the $ to ? exchange rate was somewhere at 1.4 to 1. so even with 20% VAT here in Germany I would have saved over 3,000? if I would have imported a unit. But this would hurt the German distributor as they are most often small stand-alone companies. So if someone comes with a US unit it is understandable for them to say 'No' to prevent others from importing. I once heard from someone who imported a JVC projector. As he found out once returned to Germany the whole operating system was in Japanese. He tried to get a European firmware. JVC refused to provide him that!!
post #2533 of 2534 Unread Today, 03:03 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
Actually it was the other way around, one of your clients insisted I had sold him his previous Casablanca, and I swore I did not recall, but he insisted. Jeff cleared it up. Sorry to tell ya, but I am the very first Datasat home theater dealer, so in this case .....hope the conflicting client scenario does not play.
Peter

Did I just read that you were a casualty of 911 ? Whoa man I had no idea.. I just read some stuff about your wife reported you missing for a year after 911 ?

What happened ? Were you injured ? I read you had passed but unless your back from the afterlife something doesn't add up ?

Craig

Craig Shumer
20 Years of Audio Video Excellence
President of Theatermax LLC
post #2534 of 2534 Unread Today, 03:05 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGI View Post
Peter

Did I just read that you were a casualty of 911 ? Whoa man I had no idea.. I just read some stuff about your wife reported you missing for a year after 911 ?

What happened ? Were you injured ? I read you had passed but unless your back from the afterlife something doesn't add up ?

Craig
Peter , Omg I just read that your name Peter Montoulieu was read for years as deceased in the 911 attack ? How can this be ?

Is this the same Peter Montoulieu or is it another person ?

Craig Shumer
20 Years of Audio Video Excellence
President of Theatermax LLC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)