Trinnov MC set up guide with SSP and JVB modded Oppo! - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #241 of 269 Old 01-26-2016, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Liked: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCapitalism View Post
So you go through an entire extra device just to upmix? What about downmixing?
All high end processor manufactures had their niche. Lexicon was about surround modes. Just last night I watched an old George Carlin show. I used "Mono Logic 5.1". For most 5.1 and old Dolby Surround I use "Logic 7".

Again if I am playing a BluRay rip, that uses the Lynx card and the best BluRay CODEC available. True HD is the top of the list but most BluRays top out with DTS-MA. Now I can also play BluRays out through the motherboard SPDIF as AC3. I never thought I would do that but last week I got the Criterion release of "Dressed to Kill". Well the audio was simple Dolby Surround. I guess Criterion will not enhance the audio with remixes as they are all about the pristine directors cut. So in this case I went AC3 into the Lexicon and ran "Logic 7 5.1". Made an improvement to my ears.

Also keep in mind my Lexicon MC8 is modified for 8 channel AES output - similar to what JVB does with BluRay players.. Therefore none of the analog circuits in the MC8 are being used. Just AC3 into one of the SPDIF inputs and four stereo AES streams out.

As for down-mixing, I have a separate tube based music only system so I don't listen to CD's in the HT.

Here's my Lexicon page on Irule:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lexicon Control.PNG
Views:	152
Size:	848.7 KB
ID:	1212330  

Last edited by Glimmie; 01-26-2016 at 12:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 269 Old 01-26-2016, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Anyway the cable company owner thought it made no sense. The very first thing he said was: RCA is 55 ohms.
I told him I said that!

I was hoping 2 * 55 = 110 ohms…
JVB insists it will be 110ohms if the specs are followed - and we do plan on following.
My guess is that the Vanity uses an isolated RCA jack and has the balanced signal on it lacking the ground or shield. That's perfectly OK for a small system. Connector impedance is not critical up to 96khz and even at 192khz, there is little harm done with a mismatched connector impedance. If the stream is received error free, than that's as good as it gets. After all an XLR is not 110ohms either. 75ohm BNC connectors are impedance controlled but remember they are for digital video. AES just gets a free ride as 75ohm BNC connectors these days are cheap due to supply and demand.

Again I would just do what JVB says and not worry about connector impedance. I once read that an RCA connector is 27ohms. But then there are so many different designs, there really is no official RCA connector impedance. And as I said above, no competent engineer is going to use an RCA connector if controlled impedance is necessary. So it really doesn't matter what an RCA connector is impedance wise.
Curt_Trinnov likes this.

Last edited by Glimmie; 01-26-2016 at 12:06 PM.
post #243 of 269 Old 01-27-2016, 10:52 AM
wse
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1802 Post(s)
Liked: 700
post #244 of 269 Old 01-28-2016, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 13
In case there are future people considering Demon 6/Vanity AES EBU, I’ll keep you posted on the details. I know my research was not easy.
It is awesome that the Trinnov can be this affordable.

Hopefully I should be up & running in a couple of weeks. I’m going to move my Mean, Mean PCM Machine to be on top of the Demon. I have 2 racks so rewiring is going to take time. Maybe even get an optical HDMI between my VP & Vanity so the Demon/Vanity will be galvanically isolated from all the sources.

This is not so plug & play so I am a little nervous. And the fact my last EQ was a complete disaster. The Dirac Live HDMI wasn’t compatible with my Krell. So hopefully I can help alleviate concerns when all is installed. A Demon 6 is an awesome deal if this all works.

I have all the normal connections ready: 2 * SPDIF, 4 * HDMI.

My Vanity is currently being installed by a pro that works in my CEDIA dealer’s basement. When it comes to hardware I’m like the 3 stooges: when I turn on the shower the toilet flushes.

Waiting on my XLR cables. I was all RCA because of Audyssey so need all new interconnects.

The very funky mike is terminated with XLR male. So need to order DB25 -> XLR Female to connect to the funky mike’s male.

I think I’ll do the dealer calibration/training with the analog because the custom cable looks like it will come last.

Oh & the Demon 6 has an Intel Dual Core Celeron according to Trinnov. Guess they used their resources on the DAC. Just kidding. To run just one software, I'm sure the Celeron is fine.

Revel: 3 x F206, 2 x M105 | Fathom e112|3 x Krell S-150m| Emerald Physics EP 100.2 | Trinnov Demon 6| XTZ Pro | Oppo BDP-103 & Vanity HD| Tivo Roamio+ | Furman SPR-20i | Radiance 2021 & ChromaPure Auto-Calibrate | JVC DILA X3 | Stewart Studiotek 130 | Apple TV | Salamander Matteo | Jensen Transformer (PC-2XR)
post #245 of 269 Old 01-29-2016, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Maybe even get an optical HDMI between my VP & Vanity so the Demon/Vanity will be galvanically isolated from all the sources.
Waste of time and money, and furthermore this invites HDMI connection issues. Optical HDMI only makes sense over 100 feet.

Does either of these boxes have a three prong power plug?
Are they touching a metal rack?
Are there any other cables connected such as USB?

Any of these will defeat any isolation on the HDMI side which is unnecessary in the first place. Remember up to the DACs, digital interfaces are generally immune from ground loops.
post #246 of 269 Old 01-29-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glimmie View Post
Does either of these boxes have a three prong power plug?
Are they touching a metal rack?
Are there any other cables connected such as USB?
Only the oppo. No & No - wood.
My entire system is split in half only connected with 1 HDMI. Between oppo & VP & all other sources. Thought it made sense to isolate them now some how?
Although they both happen to share the same power cond. But that will probably change soon mainly out of convenience. 2 racks / 1 power cond = PITA.

Quote:
Waste of time and money, and furthermore this invites HDMI connection issues. Optical HDMI only makes sense over 100 feet.
Thanks so much for the warning. I'm so glad I brought it up. So no way to isolate? Was wondering why I'm having hard time finding short optical HDMI.

Revel: 3 x F206, 2 x M105 | Fathom e112|3 x Krell S-150m| Emerald Physics EP 100.2 | Trinnov Demon 6| XTZ Pro | Oppo BDP-103 & Vanity HD| Tivo Roamio+ | Furman SPR-20i | Radiance 2021 & ChromaPure Auto-Calibrate | JVC DILA X3 | Stewart Studiotek 130 | Apple TV | Salamander Matteo | Jensen Transformer (PC-2XR)
post #247 of 269 Old 01-29-2016, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Only the oppo. No & No - wood.
My entire system is split in half only connected with 1 HDMI. Between oppo & VP & all other sources. Thought it made sense to isolate them now some how?
Although they both happen to share the same power cond. But that will probably change soon mainly out of convenience. 2 racks / 1 power cond = PITA.

Thanks so much for the warning. I'm so glad I brought it up. So no way to isolate? Was wondering why I'm having hard time finding short optical HDMI.
I would suggest just hooking up the system using the standard configuration discussed in the thread above. Then if you have issues they can be addressed at that time. If you keep waiting based on theoretical problems, you will never get the system finished. Many of the problems you speak of are not even an issue in professional installations with thousands of AES sources and destinations.

Friendly advice:
Take audiophile magazines with a grain of salt when it comes to electrical engineering advice. Most of what you read in that respect is typically either dead wrong or absurdly exaggerated based on lack of deeper subject understanding.
post #248 of 269 Old 02-01-2016, 08:45 PM

What Tripod would work?

Since this is a very heavy mike and it must be vertical, it was little bit of challenge finding a tripod that would hold the mike & would work for sitting all the back on a reclining chair like I normally do:
These are the best 2 solutions that I found. What has other people used as the tripod?
Option 1 (Manfrotto 237HD ):

Option 1 is Very heavy duty, saw a u tube review where guy had it hooked on to motorcycle. And the threading looks correct. Worse comes to worse I might need to experiment with some adapters. Also the Manfrotto says it's suppose to work with a super clamp, but the threading looks like standard?

Option 2 (JOBY Gorillapod):

This seems perfect. I can probably get it to my exact sitting position. However the tripod will be on furniture. Won't cushion vibrations interfere? Audyssey warned of that. And I think I read that Trinnov warned of that? Although the 6moons review had a regular mini tripod on the couch...

Last edited by CaptCapitalism; 02-01-2016 at 08:49 PM.
post #249 of 269 Old 02-01-2016, 09:03 PM

BTW: Future people considering this set up.
I just realized that I need a new way to trigger. You might also.

I've concluded the easiest plug & play is to get the Emotiva et-3 & a Wemo outlet.

The ET-3 has an always on option. Just need to turn on/off the power. 3 trigger outputs. No custom wiring.

post #250 of 269 Old 02-01-2016, 09:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
Since this is a very heavy mike and it must be vertical, it was little bit of challenge finding a tripod that would hold the mike & would work for sitting all the back on a reclining chair like I normally do:
These are the best 2 solutions that I found. What has other people used as the tripod?
Option 1 (Manfrotto 237HD ):
Option 1 is Very heavy duty, saw a u tube review where guy had it hooked on to motorcycle. And the threading looks correct. Worse comes to worse I might need to experiment with some adapters. Also the Manfrotto says it's suppose to work with a super clamp, but the threading looks like standard?

Option 2 (JOBY Gorillapod):
This seems perfect. I can probably get it to my exact sitting position. However the tripod will be on furniture. Won't cushion vibrations interfere? Audyssey warned of that. And I think I read that Trinnov warned of that? Although the 6moons review had a regular mini tripod on the couch...
Right. You do not want the tripod on the furniture. My recommendation is a standard mic stand with a boom. On top, use an adapter like this:http://www.sweetwater.com/images/ite...dapt-large.jpg

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #251 of 269 Old 02-01-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:
If you keep waiting based on theoretical problems, you will never get the system finished.
I'm waiting on my cable order. I have rewire all my interconnects. I was RCA (because my old EQ only had RCA), now I must switch to XLR.

I'm taking advantage of this time to research & be prepared.

Also I have 2 revolving racks making rewiring not easy. If I can think of anything that should go in it has to be now. In fact, I always keep in mind a wish list of things to go in my rack for the next maintenance/rewiring.

I'm toying with the idea of grounding. That is measurable. Maybe Granite Audio's Ground Zero. If I ever want to get anything in there, I have to decide now.
post #252 of 269 Old 02-01-2016, 09:56 PM

A slight quibble

The Trinnov 3D microphone is not really compatible with the Demon 6, or for that matter any of their products except the Altitude & ST2.
The microphone has XLR Male terminations as oppose to db25, the only analog input. So now there will need to be an extra 2 terminations & 2 different wires to attach the microphone to the Trinnovs.

(Unless they make DB25 terminated microphones & my sales guy messed up?)

I went the extra step to find the same make & corresponding XLR female connectors when I ordered then analog DB25 -> XLR female "snake" cable. The mike is a neutrik xlr with Nickel housing & silver tips. So don't get gold tipped Neutrik XLR's.
It will be different than the mike's. Most are gold tipped when I google shopped.
I found one a Custom Brand called Half baked or Half Normal, can't remember now that make the db25 snake with the nickel/silver Neutrik
post #253 of 269 Old 02-03-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
My recommendation is a standard mic stand with a boom. On top, use an adapter like this:
That is perfect. Thanks. Good to have good options.

Audyssey had a gooseneck & made calibration a breeze moving the mic around and around.
The Manfrotto/gooseneck is less work & wouldn't have to keep unscrewing/screwing so I feel it is worth a try. The Manfrotto also fits on top of a mic boom stand. If I fail miserably I'll let you/everyone know.

Are you worried the Manfrotto would interfere with the readings? Should I ask Trinnov support?

Every time I calibrate I'm going to have to keep moving the mic. With presets now, I'm going to have a Just Me vs. Full House.
And I'm experimenting with treatments. So lots of screwing/unscrewing in future with the other adapter.
post #254 of 269 Old 02-03-2016, 08:37 PM

Uh Oh! I just realized my sub only has RCA

I guess I need a transformer for that. I am now appreciating what a Pre Pro brings to the table in terms of compatibility.

For me it is actually a blessing in disguise. Since I have long 25' run. Now the long run will be balanced to the transformer. And I'll do .5 meter RCA from transformer.

If anyone else has analog XLR issues I found these transformers:
  1. RDL TX-AFC1F

The RDL is mono so, perfect for sub
  2. Jensen PC-2XR ($200+ more than RDL)

Jensen actually has "audiophile" in their specs. So really thinking about this one.

(Decware also has a transformer for $630 with volume control.)
post #255 of 269 Old 02-09-2016, 01:31 PM
3D Audio Consultant

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
The Trinnov 3D microphone is not really compatible with the Demon 6, or for that matter any of their products except the Altitude & ST2.
The microphone has XLR Male terminations as oppose to db25, the only analog input. So now there will need to be an extra 2 terminations & 2 different wires to attach the microphone to the Trinnovs.

(Unless they make DB25 terminated microphones & my sales guy messed up?)

I went the extra step to find the same make & corresponding XLR female connectors when I ordered then analog DB25 -> XLR female "snake" cable. The mike is a neutrik xlr with Nickel housing & silver tips. So don't get gold tipped Neutrik XLR's.
It will be different than the mike's. Most are gold tipped when I google shopped.
I found one a Custom Brand called Half baked or Half Normal, can't remember now that make the db25 snake with the nickel/silver Neutrik
Indeed, all Trinnov mics are terminated XLR. As you've learned, the adapter is not being supplied with the D-Mon. It is anticipated that D-Mon users will re-purpose another XLR-DB-25 from the console or outboard gear during calibration. As you have found, when re-purposing a professional audio tool for home audio, one has to make some adjustments to accommodate it.

As for XLR contact material, short term connections- or your measurements- will not suffer from using differing metals on the contacts. This becomes an issue for long term connections where differing metals can lead to oxidation issues.

Cheers,

Trinnov Audio
USA

post #256 of 269 Old 02-10-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt_Trinnov View Post
Indeed, all Trinnov mics are terminated XLR. As you've learned, the adapter is not being supplied with the D-Mon
Trinnov is probably the only calibration mic not plug & play, let alone there is no leeway to do it efficiently. A little unprofessional is my point especially since Trinnov has the honor of being the most expensive.
A db25 mike option is cheaper than 4 * XLR’s and should not take more than like 10 seconds of Trinnov's engineers' time. It's a low hanging fruit, they should just fix that! Also, it is not just the Demon.
Quote:
As you have found, when re-purposing a professional audio tool for home audio, one has to make some adjustments to accommodate it.
I'm glad you pointed that out. The same adjustments I needed to make to my system I would have to do with Trinnov's non pro of Altitude or magnitude. No RCA outs. Only 2 triggers & only the Altitude. Even Altitude has db25 out after 16.
Anyway, I found these accommodations humorous and more than meets the eyes with 2 different types of transformers.
Quote:
…will not suffer from using differing metals on the contacts
I'm just saying if you have a choice, get the same connections, why not? Also what do you mean short term? Even if the mike sits in the closet, it oxidizes. Maybe if one was responsible one can put it in a zip lock I guess.
post #257 of 269 Old 02-11-2016, 12:07 PM

Happy to report the Manfrotto worked great!

(Although it could use a counter weight...)

post #258 of 269 Old 02-11-2016, 12:08 PM

Happy to report the Manfrotto worked great!

(Although it could use a counter weight...)
post #259 of 269 Old 03-09-2016, 02:17 PM

So finally had time to set this up.
Great news everything worked! The AES modded Oppo & its custom cable worked! I'm all set for tomorrows' dealer VNC install.
I set up my i/o's using my iphone & everything worked instantly.

Custom Cable looks very professional:

Issues/Questions:
  • Interesting that the Vanity works even when HDMI audio is on.
  • I bought a usb mouse & keyboard but it didn't work. What OS is the Trinnov? I think I bought a windows mouse... But don't see why I need a mouse when I could just use a browser.
  • When I shut off the front switch, it didn't remember my speaker sets. Is that intended? Am I always suppose to leave it on? It's pretty hot & prefer to shut it off when not in use.
  • The volume on the browser sucks! It's hard to control. Will it work better with this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AXWRLTBL2D4BB with prime I'll have a solution in no time. Is that compatible?
  • I noticed the setting for the BM frequency. Will the optimizer suggest/implement the BM frequency?

Thanks,
Cap

post #260 of 269 Old 03-11-2016, 09:06 AM

So Vintage King stood me up. We were scheduled for remote dealer install.

What kind of operation is Trinnov running? I bought a $7K+ device & was promised a dealer install...

I guess I'll try to do it my self. Is there a thread on how to use the optimizer? I can't find a thread.
I started reading the manual. The main thing not clear to me:

Does the optimizer set all of the trims, distances, and BM automatically?

Thanks in advance for any help.

post #261 of 269 Old 03-11-2016, 10:01 AM
RUR
Innocent Bystander

Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
So Vintage King stood me up. We were scheduled for remote dealer install.

What kind of operation is Trinnov running? I bought a $7K+ device & was promised a dealer install....
The better question is "What kind of operation is Vintage King running?" What do they say?

Quote:
Does the optimizer set all of the trims, distances, and BM automatically?
Trim & distance is set automatically during calibration. You select the BM crossover under Setup>Speakers. This can be changed at any time after cal.

But I strongly recommend you pursue the dealer install first. There are a lot of things to learn before you fly solo.
post #262 of 269 Old 03-12-2016, 02:05 AM
IMMERSION GANGSTA

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1495 Post(s)
Liked: 793
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
The Dealer Training class #1 will be conducted by John Herron formerly of Wisdom and Mark Levinson sometime during the later part of the NAB week. The venue has not been selected yet.

rAVe Mag Best Audio Demo @ CEDIA 2016 (Yes I take 85% of the credit- MY IMMERSION 2025 BABY- Never haVE taken ANY prisoners in 6 show demos since Stereophile 94.:D) CINERAMAX Social Responsibilty Mission: REPRESENTATIVE CUSTODIAN OF HIGH END IMMERSIVE PRIVATE CINEMAS TO SMPTE AND THE ADVANCED IMAGING SOCIETY.:D
post #263 of 269 Old 03-14-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUR View Post
The better question is "What kind of operation is Vintage King running?" What do they say?
My sales guy said he had an emergency. We are suppose to reschedule today. But can't get a hold of him to set a time so looks like being stood up again.
Ultimately Trinnov is responsible since they pick the resellers. Although, if we don't reschedule in a week or 2 who do I complain to? Trinnov or my sales guy's manager?

And this was going so smoothly...
First time in my life everything just worked!
Quote:
Trim & distance is set automatically during calibration. You select the BM crossover under Setup>Speakers. This can be changed at any time after cal.
Is not the optimizer influenced when a range is in a x-over region vs. not? That doesn't sound right? Moreover, would not the optimizer suggest a BM better than we could? For example if there is a big dip at 80hz, should not the optimizer make the BM 100hz? Have warning at least not to make BM 80hz?
Quote:
But I strongly recommend you pursue the dealer install first. There are a lot of things to learn before you fly solo.
Dealer install looks like it can take awhile. Is there like a VERY brief guide of things to learn by any chance? Just to get up & running.

post #264 of 269 Old 03-15-2016, 11:25 AM

I'm going to contact Vintage Audio King now. Maybe my sales guy quit or something.

Do I need to use a Trinnov trained technician to initialize the optimizer? Or is it just complicated?
What's so complicated about running the software?
Don't I just pick options? And run. Why wouldn't I leave on the defaulted options?

(Although, the Trinnov has a default that make no sense: +10 db on the bass ???!!!??)

post #265 of 269 Old 03-28-2016, 09:46 AM

My initial Report

Been very busy. First chance I had to report. I resolved the Vintage Audio issue with a quick phone call to the supervisor.

More details to come when I have more time to listen & plan on using my XTZ Pro as well. Below is my summary.

The Vanity, Oppo and Trinnov combo works perfectly.
The sound is amazing, clear and very realistic.
The VNC viewer (phone & PC app) is the best way to control/calibrate the Trinnov. The web page is only good to set up the i/o and some configurations like BM.
The (VNC's) GUI is more than I could have dreamed. It gives all the Meta data I could ever want. The bitrate. I love the meters. I was considering getting amps just because they had meters. I might just get the touchscreen so I can see all the audio's metadata.

Everything coming out of Tivo is 48khz, even non HD 2 channels & Netflix. I didn't know TiVo resamples everything. I wonder if I could turn that off. I will email TiVo.
Netflix from Oppo is 44.1khz. I had some SACD's that registered as 88khz. Every BD I tried is 48khz.
The installer calibration (I had 2 people advise me) was what I pretty much predicted earlier, just leave the defaults & run. The installer claimed that most of the installer time is spent on connection issues.

I had 2 errors/issues that my installer could not resolve though. One error a quick search in AVS solved. Thanks Curt!
My surrounds are pretty close to the MLP & gets annoying so I turned them off axis. Trinnov didn't like that and could not calibrate. Interesting, Audyssey has no problem.
The other issue is that the optimizer claimed my sub was too low. I think the (balanced to RCA) transformer makes the volume lower?
Possibly related: JL sub's auto turn on doesn't work with the transformer, in fact it shuts off while it's playing if I leave it on auto. I'll have to email JL Audio on how to install the transformer correctly.

For now, I turned the sub's volume to max and then the optimizer worked.
The only weird thing about the Optimizer is that target curve is straight? Is there a place I can download other target curves? My speakers have a rolloff design, I would think it is counterproductive to *force* it to not have a rolloff?
Also, my VP is not compatible with the Optimizer so I have only one input now. The audio is just not syncing properly. I will email Lumagen if there is a solution. Mentioning this so people should be aware of possible issues installing Pro device with consumers. Although, at less than a third the price of a full blown Altitude, I think worth the little stuff.

Sincerely thank you Trinnov!

post #266 of 269 Old 03-28-2016, 11:19 AM
RUR
Innocent Bystander

Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
I had some SACD's that registered as 88khz.
IIRC, the Oppo outputs any and all SACD's as 88kHz PCM.

Quote:
Every BD I tried is 48khz.
There are few 96kHz BD's. If you were to play one, it should show 96kHz output unless you deliberately configure to down-res.

Quote:
The only weird thing about the Optimizer is that target curve is straight? Is there a place I can download other target curves?
The target curve is infinitely configurable by you, the user.
post #267 of 269 Old 03-28-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
The target curve is infinitely configurable by you, the user.
Understood. I was hoping there is a standard rolloff curve speaker/room correction designers prefer. I would not trust myself to tweak this and would prefer proven rolloff targets even if I did.

My installers explained to me that pro's prefer straight curve. Does that mean Pro speakers don't have rolloffs? Or is that Pro's always use RC to force a straight curve?

post #268 of 269 Old 03-28-2016, 04:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
IIRC, the Oppo outputs any and all SACD's as 88kHz PCM.
The Vanity card should permit more.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #269 of 269 Old 04-04-2016, 03:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 843 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
My surrounds are pretty close to the MLP & gets annoying so I turned them off axis. Trinnov didn't like that and could not calibrate. Interesting, Audyssey has no problem.
I have yet to implement it myself, but if I correctly remember Curt's advice, the way to deal with this is as follows.

Make one calibration run with the speakers pointed at the mic.

Make one or more runs with the speakers pointed where you want; Trinnov uses only the first run to calculate distances and positions, so these won't fail.

Then choose a low weighting for the first run so that its different freq response doesn't result in inaccurate overall response.

I presume that the weightings also apply to its calculations for phase variations (I presume there will be some absolute phase error because its unlikely that repointing the speakers won't affect relative phase between drivers and distance), reflections, etc.

What VNC software do you use?

I've downloaded TightVNC but nothing happens when I try to start it.

Noah

Last edited by noah katz; 04-04-2016 at 03:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page