AVS Forum banner

The ultimate "Bland" gift

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  adanny 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Which accessory? The incredible screen or the incredible model!!??

Great find! Beautiful vintage car!! Now that's a back yard HT!

#3 ·
I am deeply disappointed.

Not one of our well healed forum members has stepped to the plate to purchase this for you.

Surely this is somebody out there that could step to the plate.

I would hate to see the Bland get traumatized over this.

Surely there is someone?

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer  /t/1456470/the-ultimate-bland-gift#post_22936064

I'll bring Jeff a nice bottle of Burgundy to drink when he invites me over to watch Sideways on it !! How's that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm007  /t/1456470/the-ultimate-bland-gift#post_22936412

Well make sure its one that the Bland likes ............ he can be fussy after he has had a few drinks.

Love it!

Actually, though I have a fair number of Bordeauxs and cabs cellared, I don't have many (or possibly any) Burgundies at home. So, that'd be a treat. Chinese are buying them up and raising the prices too much!
But you're right... after the first bottle or two, my taste is far less discerning - box wine anyone?!

It's too bad there such large geographical distances between us all. A wine and movie night would be hilarious every now and again. I know when Art and I get together (it's been a while now but he's 1.5 hours away) for meets and the like, it's always a great time!

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland  /t/1456470/the-ultimate-bland-gift#post_22936568

Love it!

Actually, though I have a fair number of Bordeauxs and cabs cellared, I don't have many (or possibly any) Burgundies at home. So, that'd be a treat. Chinese are buying them up and raising the prices too much!
But you're right... after the first bottle or two, my taste is far less discerning - box wine anyone?!

It's too bad there such large geographical distances between us all. A wine and movie night would be hilarious every now and again. I know when Art and I get together (it's been a while now but he's 1.5 hours away) for meets and the like, it's always a great time!

Jeff,

Not related to AV, but an article you will find interesting I hope: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21372607

Sean

#9 ·
#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by danetc  /t/1456470/the-ultimate-bland-gift#post_22964096

like space shuttle launch... is HUGE!
I better leave it alone

#12 ·
If I could be greated like that hot gal in Flight, It'd be perfect!

If you haven't seen the film (Flight), that girl (in full frontal glorious nudity) has to have one of the best bodies I have ever seen anywhere)!!

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland  /t/1456470/the-ultimate-bland-gift#post_22969217

If I could be greated like that hot gal in Flight, It'd be perfect!

If you haven't seen the film (Flight), that girl (in full frontal glorious nudity) has to have one of the best bodies I have ever seen anywhere)!!
Agreed about the girl,glorious. The film reminded me of why former military pilots make great commercial pilots. Guys who have been shot at, don't panic under pressure. I have a fraternity brother and neighbor, Top Gun graduate, now a commercial pilot very close in personality to the character Denzel played,but not that flawed. Now however a very dedicated family man, but he was not always.

#14 ·
Totally agree. My dad was and my brother is a fighter pilot. Never left to join the airlines but their buddies and several of my uncles flew for the airlines after flying for the Air Force or navy. Can't beat that experience . I'd pay 20% extra if airline announced that a former top gun was in the Boeing cockpit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.