predictions for Lumagen Radiance - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-20-2013, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As many of you have high end projectors and desire to upgrade when new products have real benifits, I would like your conjecture on when you think a new series of Lumagen Radiance processors might become available for the improvements that 4K projectors seem to be headed in. I just bought a 2K Sony HW50ES and was considering a Radiance XS processor, but might hold off for a while, if they might come out with something new in about a year. That way I will ony have to upgrade the projector when 4K becomes more affordable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-20-2013, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
it will be at least a year and you better start saving now.

Get the XS and worry about upgrading the unit when Lumagen gets around to a new unit.

Disclaimer: We are a Lumagen Dealer

Jim
post #3 of 9 Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 545
There will be a trade in program and you will not really benefit from the 4K model until you have a 4K display. There are tremendous deals out there right now on XE.

disclaimer. I am a dealer and was one of Lumagen's first. I own an XS myself and am very happy with it. My Sony 4K projector does not include a CMS and I use the Lumagen's for all source material up to 1080p and outputs up to same. My projector does the 4K scaling from 1080p to 3840 x 2160 or 4096 x 2160. The new Radiance 4K will of course have a CMS for all inputs and outputs up tp 4K at either end.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
post #4 of 9 Old 02-21-2013, 05:05 AM

I thought we were first...........

but I digress ............... ditto on everything mentioned by Mark.

I just know Jim P does not want us discussing future features on a product that may or may not be in development.

That is the reason for my short reply.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-21-2013, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Kind of funny but a lot of people 'wait' for the next thing. Come on folks, some of the stuff is YEARS away, particularly 4K (due to lack of content and lack of means of distribution) and cheap, super bright projectors (not sure we will ever see a 3k calibrated lumens projector for <10k) . I for one would like a nice projector to watch content on for the next few years, heck I might die tomorrow. Live life now. smile.gif

Master of Minions, Acoustic Frontiers. We specialize in the design and creation of high performance listening rooms, home theaters and project studios for discerning audio/video enthusiasts.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-21-2013, 06:17 PM

Worse yet you might end up with 5 kids and no money .....................
post #7 of 9 Old 02-24-2013, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Radiance is a fantastic piece of kit; something I consider an essential partner to my PJ. I'd get one now. It will be years before 4K arrives as a practical, rather than leading edge, product. Up scaling regular HD just hasn't impressed me all that much.

Certainty and conviction are a sure sign you don't know what you're talking about! The world is not black and white, rather shades of grey!
post #8 of 9 Old 02-25-2013, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your input guys , I will be $ saving up, and hope to purchase one this summer,along with a Display 3 Pro colorometer & CromaPure advanced auto-calibrate software package. I hear the advan. auto-cal is easily worthy of the extra price considering the amount of time saved vs doing it manualy.
post #9 of 9 Old 03-03-2013, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewConnection View Post

Thanks for your input guys , I will be $ saving up, and hope to purchase one this summer,along with a Display 3 Pro colorometer & CromaPure advanced auto-calibrate software package. I hear the advan. auto-cal is easily worthy of the extra price considering the amount of time saved vs doing it manualy.

Do it.I did. Unless you are into self-flagellation get advanced auto-calibrate software.

"Most people would die sooner than think, in fact they do so."  Bertrand Russell The ABC of Relativity, 1925

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page