Best Surround Processor Currently Available? - Page 29 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Best Multi-Channel processor currently on the market?
Classe SSP800 26 9.92%
Bryton SP3 25 9.54%
ADA Mach IV 4 1.53%
ADA Mach IV+Trinnov 28 10.69%
Datasat RS20i 51 19.47%
Theta CB3 HDMI + Extreme Dacs 34 12.98%
Krell Evolution 707 15 5.73%
Mcintosh MX151 26 9.92%
JBL Synthesis with SDEC 4500 18 6.87%
Other (comment on your answer) 37 14.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #841 of 851 Old 09-20-2014, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
I just realized from a conversation with Curt that the Trinnov is 32 channels on Atmos, every other manufacturer shipping Q1 atmos (including I am afraid the Datasat becuase it will require a Dolby Board Swap) is relying on the same 9+2+1 12 channel Atmos integrated circuit so if you are a Surround Sound Superfreak you'll have to go with the Trinnov.
It is entertaining to me that someone at Trinnov is so familiar with Datasat's product roadmap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybobjimbob View Post
For all the talk of the 'cheap' Japanese manufacturers only being capable of Atmos with 7.1.4, if this is correct Peter, then it's downright embarrassing that the Datasat will only offer this configuration.

Anyone investing in the Rs20i won't be your average joe throwing a few bucks in the direction of the Datasat. They will have expectations as far as surround sound standards go. Again, if this information is correct, I can see no reason to choose the Datasat over the Trinnov, even for 16 channel capability. It's as simple as that.
We would expect our customers to have very high standards for their sound systems. As do we.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 851 Old 09-20-2014, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I can't afford to even say these names.
post #843 of 851 Old 09-20-2014, 11:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschulz View Post
It is entertaining to me that someone at Trinnov is so familiar with Datasat's product roadmap.

We would expect our customers to have very high standards for their sound systems. As do we.
Ok Doctor so I am or not going to stand corrected? I need to know this weekend, I have systems to deploy and names to take. Please pm or email to peter@cineramax.com
post #844 of 851 Old 09-20-2014, 12:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

post #845 of 851 Old 09-20-2014, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Thanks for posting the link of the video. This thing seems amazing.

post #846 of 851 Old 09-20-2014, 10:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Best Surround Processor Currently Available?

Quested, DATASAT, and seemingly very significant was the low noise floor making a significant impact for a reference debut in my movie room tonight. Had a grand opening tonight with 4 couples and it was a smashing success. We had the volume very loud but dialog, dynamics, bass extension, etc were just fantastic. Mark's subs are just amazing. Though Captain America: Winter Soldier was a drawn out bore, the audio and video were spectacular... Not to mention the wines - here's one of the better magnums a buddy brought to celebrate.
!

My Home Theater of the Month- Le Petit Trianon

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009

Last edited by thebland; 09-20-2014 at 10:14 PM.
post #847 of 851 Old 09-20-2014, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 819 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
I just realized from a conversation with Curt that the Trinnov is 32 channels on Atmos, every other manufacturer shipping Q1 atmos (including I am afraid the Datasat becuase it will require a Dolby Board Swap) is relying on the same 9+2+1 12 channel Atmos integrated circuit so if you are a Surround Sound Superfreak you'll have to go with the Trinnov.
Is there actual data from the chip makers saying the number of outputs is limited to 12? I thought the limit in the first-gen AVRs was based on using the previous hardware platforms.

Deadwood Atmos theater
AV7702 Atmos 7.4.4, SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4
Aerial Acoustics 7B/CC3B fronts, B&W CWM8180 surrounds, Tannoy Di6 DC heights, Hsu ULS-15 subs
post #848 of 851 Old 09-20-2014, 10:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Hi Roger,

You are correct.

I was briefed a bit on Datasat, they are working with the chip manufacturer to use the full 16 channels of the rs-20i, so that dispels that rumour. They are also early on the development phase but the stacked rs-20is working in tandem will be their first 32 channel solution. That is all im saying.

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 09-20-2014 at 11:05 PM.
post #849 of 851 Old 09-20-2014, 11:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
Quested, DATASAT, and seemingly very significant was the low noise floor making a significant impact for a reference debut in my movie room tonight. Had a grand opening tonight with 4 couples and it was a smashing success. We had the volume very loud but dialog, dynamics, bass extension, etc were just fantastic. Mark's subs are just amazing. Though Captain America: Winter Soldier was a drawn out bore, the audio and video were spectacular... Not to mention the wines - here's one of the better magnums a buddy brought to celebrate.
!
Superb! I'm mailing you business cards, For 32 channel Atmos RS-20i is on BOGOHP (from manufacturer). And it will be 16 channel atmos so it's only going to get better. And Datasat is late to send you the demo disc from CEDIA which they offered. As I said it keeps on getting better!

Soooo happy for you and your family, I'm a sucker for Happy endings!
post #850 of 851 Old 09-21-2014, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
I've not been quoted correctly, but regardless, Peter brings up an interesting satistic: the Trinnov Altitude 32 can fully render Dolby Atmos to 32 channels, while others will be limited to the number of channels available to the particular DSP implementation.

The Trinnov Altitude 32 is based on a quad core i7 PC with no DSP. The Dolby ATMOS implementation is unique to Trinnov, taking full advantage of the processing power available to render up to 32 channels further optimized to any speaker layout with Trinnov 3D Remapping.

All other processors utilize a DSP implementation of ATMOS, so are limited by the given DSP implementation, which I understand presently has a limit of 16 channels.

Cheers,
CINERAMAX and Billybobjimbob like this.

Trinnov Audio
USA

post #851 of 851 Old 09-21-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Have the prices of the Altitude and it's available configurations/price been made public yet?

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)